Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:42:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 180 Coins Stolen From my wallet 1GpUcrJ1Zo6ZJWgw7HQT7nADijY5a3dcCh  (Read 5080 times)
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:50:56 PM

Fat chunk of change there. Storing all sensitive info in email is worst than storing it on your computer. Hacked email server/database (which nothing you can do about), hacked computer, or accessing your email from public computers are all points of failures when you store info in email. This case though, looks like you had a virus that logs your passwords.

At this point, there's very little NOTHING you can do.

Fixed for ya.... none, nada, pepe poo poo.

Btw, dont feel sad for him, read my post. He makes a new acct to post this crap.
fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 03:18:12 PM

I hope you don't use online wallet
And you should know how to secure your bitcoin since you have a lot of bitcoin

It's impossible if you want to bitcoin come back
Did you read actually? He said the btc stolen was from his localbitcoin account

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
blg425

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:20:39 PM

Very sad to hear this, though cold offline wallet en offline paper storage for seeds etc. Should be a must, even with lower amounts of BTC.. 

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:30:42 PM

almost 7 fking years later, people still get their money stolen, this bitcoin has one huge flaw, nobody understands how to secure this shit, satoshi is a failure

Almost 129 fucking years later, people still die. This automobile has one huge flaw, nobody understands how to drive this shit. Benz is a failure.

More than 1 million fcking years later, homo sapiens still die of diseases. This race has one huge flaw, nobody understands how to not get sick. Science is a failure.

Well.

At least that last one is accurate.

Imagine if we poured 1.7 trillion dollars a year into ending aging instead of satiating Tea Party fucks need to bomb brown people?

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:38:19 PM

This race has one huge flaw, nobody understands how to not get sick. Science is a failure.

It's more like, nobody wants to be told to wash their hands, sneeze in a handkerchief, stay home when they're ill, etc.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:15:38 PM

No the flaw is that its too damn complicated for the average person to secure their bitcoins properly, people are scared to get their bitcoins hacked because many are being hacked so easily. Even fcking exchanges get hacked, what do you expect for users?
The problem is the system has molly coddled people into not bothering understanding security and how to protect themselves.  They are now discovering the real-world cost of being nannied.
GreatWinter

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:17:26 PM

Sorry for your loss. The nature of BTC is that transactions are one way. This means that you have lost those coins and they are no longer retrievable. Just try to be more secure in the future and use your time and energy in getting more fiat so that you can buy up BTC once more and replace what was loss or as much of it as possible.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:52:49 AM

almost 7 fking years later, people still get their money stolen, this bitcoin has one huge flaw, nobody understands how to secure this shit, satoshi is a failure

Almost 129 fucking years later, people still die. This automobile has one huge flaw, nobody understands how to drive this shit. Benz is a failure.

More than 1 million fcking years later, homo sapiens still die of diseases. This race has one huge flaw, nobody understands how to not get sick. Science God is a failure.

More accurate ...

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:34:59 PM

More than 1 million fcking years later, homo sapiens still die of diseases. This race has one huge flaw, nobody understands how to not get sick. Science God is a failure.

More accurate ...

Depends what you think "God" was meant to do. It's "well I say we should attack the infidel" vs "Simon says attack the infidel"

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Dilemma

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:53:31 PM

i will be fishy
its very usual method for hack a system
security anything in internet very difficult
what a pitty Sad

mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 03:39:57 PM

Someone Stolen 180 Coins From My Wallet 1GpUcrJ1Zo6ZJWgw7HQT7nADijY5a3dcCh By Hacking My Email. I Saved All My Wallet Details In My Email Not In PC. Thief Changed My Email Password And Password of All Accounts Which Was Saved In This Email. Even I Can't Access My Localbitcoins Account. My User Name On Localbitcoins Was mzee. I Mailed Them And They Just Asked For My Email And Username But No Other Reply Yet. Can Anyone Help Me?

Well, hopefully you have learned that sums of money like that, should never be anywhere near online wallets.... Sorry for your loss man, but you really should have secured your wallets better, and storing passwords unencrypted in an email account for that much money, is just dumb a bad idea.

Hopefully you will get your coins back, and hopefully you will not make the same mistake twice Sad

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:57:39 PM

More accurate ...

Depends what you think "God" was meant to do. It's "well I say we should attack the infidel" vs "Simon says attack the infidel"

No, it's just an analogy that was used wrong. Satoshi=Creator of Bitcoin --- God=Creator of man

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 04:04:54 PM

Bitcoin is flawed? So because this guy didn't practice due-diligence with a large sum of money, it is suddenly bitcoin's fault? This actually made me laugh.

Sage

Activity: 632

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:27:04 PM

Never let Bitcoin keys out unencrypted.

Trust only open source encryption for your hot wallets.

Here's 2 I would look into:

http://www.keepassx.org/

https://truecrypt.ch/

And for backing up, I would setup several cloud options like SpiderOak, Mozy, & Box.net to keep your ENCRYPTED containers holding your hot wallets backed up automatically.

That, and of course back them up to USB drive ENCRYPTED!  Keep them on your machine ENCRYPTED.  Only open those encrypted vaults when you have too.  And be sure to keep your system scanned for keyloggers.

ClamAV is an open source options for keyloggers scans.

Realize that BOTH Windows & Mac have backdoor keys in their OS.  Do not trust their encryption, nor the OS with anything significant.  Ubuntu is a better way to go.

And of course keep only marginal amounts in your hot wallets.  The rest, offline cold storage.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: