Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2024, 01:56:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core popup?  (Read 1103 times)
sphericalxanadu (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:16:36 PM

Hey everyone

Every time I open my BitcoinCore wallet now, this popup "Warning" window comes up maybe 30 seconds after the client loads.
The message in the window won't even load, and it crashes the whole client immediately after it opens because it freezes my client and the message itself won't respond, forcing me to quit the whole program

I sent out a 0.052 balance last night and I have a few questions:

Does my client have to be open and running for the balance to send?

Will this crashing thing affect that transaction?

Will uninstalling and re downloading and installing the wallet get rid of this problem?

If I saved a backup .dat file of my wallet and load it into a newly installed version of bitcoincore, will it still have the rest of my coins and all of my transaction logs in there?

I really appreciate any answers guys. Thanks!
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:23:34 PM

Are you running linux?

If so, open bitcoin-core and goto help > debug window and paste the openssl version listed there.

Your issue might be related to this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919373.0

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4113

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:31:54 PM

If it crashed prior to you submitting it, then it wouldn't have sent. If you submitted it & the client processed the request it would of.

You can check whether it's sent by looking up your address, if it has sent there will be no effect on the transaction.

Will uninstalling and re downloading and installing the wallet get rid of this problem?
At the moment, if you are using the Linux latest version of Bitcoin core, there is a problem which involves OpenSSL, so reinstalling may not have any effect. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919373.0

If I saved a backup .dat file of my wallet and load it into a newly installed version of bitcoincore, will it still have the rest of my coins and all of my transaction logs in there?
Yes, if the output request didn't send, then you will have your coins there. If the transaction did output, then the coins you sent will go to the address you sent them too, but anything else remaining in the wallet will be there. All transactions are public, therefore you can search up the transaction log on the internet.

Your problem may not be related to the OpenSSL problem, and it may have just been a Blockchain error.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:32:06 PM

blockchain error, or wallet corrupted, transfer the fund over another new wallet
sphericalxanadu (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:33:58 PM

No I'm running Windows 8 currently

Also, update: The window now says "Warning: Please check that your computer's date and time are correct! If your clock is wrong, Bitcoin will not work properly."

My computer's date and time are working fine, always have been...

So I can download a new version of BitcoinCore and import my wallet backup there and everything will be in place?
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:37:27 PM

Also, update: The window now says "Warning: Please check that your computer's date and time are correct! If your clock is wrong, Bitcoin will not work properly."

So I can download a new version of BitcoinCore and import my wallet backup there and everything will be in place?

It might be worth checking the debug.log file and letting us know what it says. This error seems to be pretty common and is normally easy to fix, however it may work by simply reinstalling.

You can also try manually synchronizing the time with Windows time servers, your computer may seem to be correct but, the timezone could be set incorrectly. (I can't imagine this being the problem though)

Another option is checking the date & time in the bios.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 508

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 04:39:30 PM

Hey everyone

Hi! Welcome to the forum! Smiley

Every time I open my BitcoinCore wallet now, this popup "Warning" window comes up maybe 30 seconds after the client loads.
The message in the window won't even load, and it crashes the whole client immediately after it opens because it freezes my client and the message itself won't respond, forcing me to quit the whole program

As the above user told, it maybe because of OpenSSL problem.

I sent out a 0.052 balance last night and I have a few questions:

If it is pushed to blockchain, everything is fine if you have added sufficient fees.

No, it won't.

I don't think you want to uninstall to solve this.

Run Bitcoin core and it will sync from your local disk - no need to download again except new blocks.

~~MZ~~

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 04:40:59 PM

Try to close it and open again. It may work or check whether it is OpenSSL's problem or re-install.

It might be worth checking the debug.log file and letting us know what it says. This error seems to be pretty common and is normally easy to fix, however it may work by simply reinstalling.

Copy-paste the contents here please.

~~MZ~~

sphericalxanadu (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:55:19 PM

The debug.log for 1/10/15 was HUGE so I uploaded it here:
http://pastebin.com/8BCa9q61

Should I reinstall and load the backup wallet? I don't know what the whole SSL thing is about, I'm not on Linux or anything

ALSO
Blockchain found nothing for my latest receiving address or my computer's IP, so I'm assuming that means nothing happened. However, I have sent and received a lot of transactions in the past, but still blockchain finds zero transactions
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 05:28:34 PM

Should I reinstall and load the backup wallet? I don't know what the whole SSL thing is about, I'm not on Linux or anything

ALSO
Blockchain found nothing for my latest receiving address or my computer's IP, so I'm assuming that means nothing happened. However, I have sent and received a lot of transactions in the past, but still blockchain finds zero transactions

Try re-installing and wait for the sync to finish. It will be okay, I think. Only download the wallet from official website. Smiley

~~MZ~~

sphericalxanadu (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:31:50 PM

Will do.
Thanks very much for the help!
sphericalxanadu (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:43:51 PM

Just reinstalled completely and I'm still having this problem.  Angry

What should I do???
sphericalxanadu (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:50:28 PM

ALSO

Try re-installing and wait for the sync to finish. It will be okay, I think. Only download the wallet from official website. Smiley

~~MZ~~

Also, I can't wait to let the sync to finish because the window pops up and shuts down the client.
I open Bitcoin Core, it stays open and syncs for about 30 seconds, and then the Warning thing pops up and stops responding immediately so I can't press okay, forcing me to quit the whole thing
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:01:29 PM

Just reinstalled completely and I'm still having this problem.  Angry

What should I do???

the wallet may  be corrupted, transfer all fund to another one
sphericalxanadu (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:03:17 PM

What should I do???

the wallet may  be corrupted, transfer all fund to another one

Can you recommend another program? Also is there a way to get back that 0.052 that's floating around between my wallet and the receiver?
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 06:08:47 PM

What should I do???

the wallet may  be corrupted, transfer all fund to another one

Can you recommend another program? Also is there a way to get back that 0.052 that's floating around between my wallet and the receiver?

Is it pushed to Block chain? I think it is confirmed it it has happened. Electrum or Multibit would be a good choice, dump the private keys and import or sweep(better) it.

~~MZ~~

fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:20:50 PM

What should I do???
open a blockchain account and import your wallet.dat in blockchain.
sphericalxanadu (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:08:35 PM

What should I do???
open a blockchain account and import your wallet.dat in blockchain.

When I try to do this it says I'm not allowed to. Even after I enter the password
sphericalxanadu (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:18:37 PM

What should I do???

the wallet may  be corrupted, transfer all fund to another one

Is it pushed to Block chain? I think it is confirmed it it has happened. Electrum or Multibit would be a good choice, dump the private keys and import or sweep(better) it.

~~MZ~~

Is there a tutorial for "dumping the private keys and importing or sweeping it?"
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:23:50 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2015, 09:14:43 PM by Welsh

blockchain.info isn't always accurate. There are a number of different block explorers which I would recommend looking at and searching up the address, for a list of block explorers: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=636463.0
Is there a tutorial for "dumping the private keys and importing or sweeping it?"
You can either dump it by using parameters/commands or you can use pywallet.

If you are interested in dumping via the commands then you should look here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list

Code:
 dumpprivkey 
will be particularity useful.

Otherwise, the pywallet tutorial can be found here: https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet

That includes the download of pywallet (jackjack) also the page includes the commands which you can use as well as a read me for installing and using pywallet.

Code:

--version             show program's version number and exit
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  --dumpwallet          dump wallet in json format
  --importprivkey=KEY   import private key from vanitygen
  --importhex           KEY is in hexadecimal format
  --datadir=DATADIR     wallet directory (defaults to bitcoin default)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: