Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:17:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal in "held" funds status... how long till i get my funds?  (Read 2763 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 07:00:48 PM

Okay so I made and order that is less than $200 from spend bitcoins to paypal and paypal is investaging money sent to me..... and it says the money is held and under the status says "Pending review from paypal"

Is this common/expect?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cncguru

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

Mining since difficulty 157,426 !

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 08:25:54 PM

I've had a few payments from buyers end up in that same review and they have all cleared within 24hrs(so far)

Why exactly or what they are "reviewing" I have no idea.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 03:10:22 AM

I've had a few payments from buyers end up in that same review and they have all cleared within 24hrs(so far)

Why exactly or what they are "reviewing" I have no idea.

I believe that can happen if the buyer is using a PayPal account where there is no bank account linked to it.  There are some trades I've done where I was informed in advance by the (trusted) buyer that this would happen -- and sure enough it did get placed "under review" and then in under 24 hours after the transaction the funds were released.

I know that SpendBitcoins had the problem recently where they had to re-verify identity, so perhaps PayPal treated it similarly as not having a linked account.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 05:55:10 AM

Sometimes as long as 15 days.

PayPal sucks!

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 07:02:14 AM

Yep still waiting
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: