Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:06:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 Bootstrap.dat file?  (Read 4686 times)
blg42598 (OP)

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:51:14 PM

is there a 2015 one or close to 2015? Blockchain is taking forever to download.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yakuza699

Activity: 935
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:36:01 PM

Not sure how old is this one but you can try to download it from here(torrent) http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/blockchain/bootstrap.dat.torrent/download or here(newest) http://dumps.webbtc.com/bitcoin/

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
BTC BitDice.me 
blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:57:33 PM

Not sure how old is this one but you can try to download it from here(torrent) http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/blockchain/bootstrap.dat.torrent/download or here(newest) http://dumps.webbtc.com/bitcoin/

I downloaded it and put it in the data folder but it still syncs very slow for last 45 weeks even though the bootstrap.dat was not even a month ago. Any suggestions? Thanks.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:21:18 PM

It was a long time since I used bitcoin core. I think sync speed depends on cpu power too, because it need to reverify every block you downloaded. Sorry, I can't help you with the bootstrap file, suggesting you move bitcoin core to a faster machine.
yakuza699

Activity: 935
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:30:00 PM

I downloaded it and put it in the data folder but it still syncs very slow for last 45 weeks even though the bootstrap.dat was not even a month ago. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Syncs or re-indexes? What kind of core wallet are you using? Which one of the above you downloaded?
If it syncs slow and you are using the newest core wallet connect to more nodes it might be that you connected to slow nodes.
If you are using an older wallet connect to one of these:
List of nodes:
Code:
last updated 2014.12.27
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP                  - location             - owner[1]  -  speed      - info/stats page[2] - testnet
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
84.200.34.113       - Freinsheim, DE, EU   - Newar     - 1000 mbit/s - yes                - no
185.45.192.129      - Amsterdam, NL, EU    - anon      - 1000 mbit/s - /node.php[3]       - yes
213.165.91.169      - Germany, EU          - shorena   -  100 mbit/s - yes                - no
191.236.50.217      - Virgina, US          - grue      -  100 mbit/s - no                 - no
!!The following nodes have been unreachable at the time of the last update and might[5] be down!!
eldinhadzic.org[4]  - LA, USA              - eldinhadz - 1000 mbit/s - no                 - no
50.7.68.180         - New York, USA        - Newar     -  100 mbit/s - yes                - no
5.9.24.81           - Germany, EU          - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
178.79.173.71       - United Kingdom, EU   - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
107.155.104.194     - Dalls, USA           - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
106.185.32.195      - Japan, Asia          - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
94.242.57.173       - Russia, Asia         - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
[1] refers to a bitcointalk.org username or anon if requested
[2] same IP, port 80 or path/port given
[3] work in progress
[4] IP is 173.236.158.177
[5] or reached max connections at the time of testing

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145386.0
[2] there is another one I cant seem to find atm
It might be so that you downloaded the older bootstrap.dat version and you have to download the re-meaning ones from your core wallet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
BTC BitDice.me 
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:30:48 PM

It is not longer needed as soon as 0.10.0 is released, thanks to headers-first sync.

From that point on, initial bootstrapping is likely again limited by CPU speed.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:32:04 PM

Syncs or re-indexes? What kind of core wallet are you using? Which one of the above you downloaded?
If it syncs slow and you are using the newest core wallet connect to more nodes it might be that you connected to slow nodes.
If you are using an older wallet connect to one of these:
List of nodes:
Code:
last updated 2014.12.27
IP                  - location             - owner[1]  -  speed      - info/stats page[2] - testnet
84.200.34.113       - Freinsheim, DE, EU   - Newar     - 1000 mbit/s - yes                - no
185.45.192.129      - Amsterdam, NL, EU    - anon      - 1000 mbit/s - /node.php[3]       - yes
213.165.91.169      - Germany, EU          - shorena   -  100 mbit/s - yes                - no
191.236.50.217      - Virgina, US          - grue      -  100 mbit/s - no                 - no
!!The following nodes have been unreachable at the time of the last update and might[5] be down!!
eldinhadzic.org[4]  - LA, USA              - eldinhadz - 1000 mbit/s - no                 - no
50.7.68.180         - New York, USA        - Newar     -  100 mbit/s - yes                - no
5.9.24.81           - Germany, EU          - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
178.79.173.71       - United Kingdom, EU   - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
107.155.104.194     - Dalls, USA           - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
106.185.32.195      - Japan, Asia          - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
94.242.57.173       - Russia, Asia         - zvs       -  unknown    - no                 - no
[1] refers to a bitcointalk.org username or anon if requested
[2] same IP, port 80 or path/port given
[3] work in progress
[4] IP is 173.236.158.177
[5] or reached max connections at the time of testing

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145386.0
[2] there is another one I cant seem to find atm
It might be so that you downloaded the older bootstrap.dat version and you have to download the re-meaning ones from your core wallet.

I am using bitcoin qt core. I used the sourceforge bootstrap.dat. I'll try that other link. and add nodes
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1519

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 08:11:37 PM

-snip-
I am using bitcoin qt core. I used the sourceforge bootstrap.dat. I'll try that other link. and add nodes

If you only have 45 weeks left dont bother with another bootstrap.dat.

Launch bitcoin core with -connect=IP, e.g. (Win):
Code:
c:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -connect=1.2.3.4

Multiple nodes will not help with a version before 0.10.0 as older version only sync with the first node you connect to. Thus the list. Pick the one thats fastest/closest to you, e.g. EU/Asia pick one of the 1GBit/s nodes, if you are in the US use grue's node. If you get no data after bitcoin core started, shut it down and start with another one. If the nodes in question reached the connection limit they will not accept yours.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:20:07 PM

-snip-

If you only have 45 weeks left dont bother with another bootstrap.dat.

Launch bitcoin core with -connect=IP, e.g. (Win):
Code:
c:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -connect=1.2.3.4

Multiple nodes will not help with a version before 0.10.0 as older version only sync with the first node you connect to. Thus the list. Pick the one thats fastest/closest to you, e.g. EU/Asia pick one of the 1GBit/s nodes, if you are in the US use grue's node. If you get no data after bitcoin core started, shut it down and start with another one. If the nodes in question reached the connection limit they will not accept yours.

I'm just downloading yesterdays bootstrap file. I am using a Windows Azure machine so it takes like 25 mins to download 31 GB
blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:43:00 PM

I have the sq.gz file

Where do I put the files? Thanks.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 08:44:49 PM

-snip-
I'm just downloading yesterdays bootstrap file. I am using a Windows Azure machine so it takes like 25 mins to download 31 GB

Maybe, but grue's node is also a Windows Azure, which could result in more than 100Mbit/s and the machine can do the calculations needed while downloading. The difference is probably only a matter of minutes anyway.

I have the sq.gz file

.gz sounds like zip, extract and it should have a bootstrap.dat which goes into the same folder as your wallet.dat

blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:52:10 PM

-snip-

Maybe, but grue's node is also a Windows Azure, which could result in more than 100Mbit/s and the machine can do the calculations needed while downloading. The difference is probably only a matter of minutes anyway.

I have the sq.gz file

.gz sounds like zip, extract and it should have a bootstrap.dat which goes into the same folder as your wallet.dat

It gives me a sql file  Sad
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 10:18:19 PM

-snip-

Uhm. I have no idea what you downloaded. Maybe just connect to grue's node and sync?

blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:25:44 AM

-snip-

Uhm. I have no idea what you downloaded. Maybe just connect to grue's node and sync?

I just decided to let it sync on its own. 14 weeks left... It will take a few more hours
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 12:04:24 PM

It is not longer needed as soon as 0.10.0 is released, thanks to headers-first sync.

seriously, thats one of the best features that is comming soon about BTC, out coin really need things like that, now it will be much more faster, this is a really GOOD/BIG step on BTC.

Two weeks agoo i was trying to sync my laptop, it takes to me more than 1 week.... obviously i didnt have the laptop on 24/7 ( my isp didnt help so much to download it... )

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:29:16 AM

seriously, thats one of the best features that is comming soon about BTC, out coin really need things like that, now it will be much more faster, this is a really GOOD/BIG step on BTC.

Two weeks agoo i was trying to sync my laptop, it takes to me more than 1 week.... obviously i didnt have the laptop on 24/7 ( my isp didnt help so much to download it... )

Am testing out 10 right now and its a lot better than the other releases have been in the past with sync problems seems to of sorted that out in 10 and the beta release is working perfectly fine for me so far. Will be making the switch once its fully out.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █