Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:30:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have $150 paypal i'd like to exchange for MTGOX USD  (Read 1504 times)
Gareth Nelson (OP)

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 04:51:07 AM

Topic says it all - i'd like to exchange $150USD paypal for $150 on mtgox (i'll pay any fees of course).
I'll happily trade with anyone who's got a good reputation here, but as i'm a newbie myself please let me know what kind of guarantee you'd require on my part to do this trade without issue (I know paypal has a bad reputation for scams - I have no intention of ripping anyone off, but you don't know who the hell I am so please say what I should do to prove that i'm trustworthy).
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 06:27:27 PM

If you still have the 150PPUSD then i'd be happy to trade you 150Mt.gox.
However.
There is a large grey zone that has a big margin for error with this kind of trade, So you strike me as rather unreliable
I would Much rather trade you 150 Liberty Reserve dollars for the PayPal dollars.

Now dont fear the liberty reserve dollars, Mt.Gox has Very easy implementaion of Mt.Gox account funding from a Liberty Reserve account.
Two ways we can do this:

1.It would be much easier for me to give you LRUSD and you give me PPUSD.
Where you then go onto Mt.Gox and Fund your Mt.Gox account with the LRUSD's that you trade for from me.

2.Alternativly and unsecurly I could fund My Mt.gox account and from there transfer you funds, But I do not/want to do this and I Demand that we use an Escrow, And using an Escrow takes extra time, And I hate using Escrows

So. Mr.garet, The Newbie poster, Wich will you choose. I am in the LoHT 4+ times and I enjoy speedy escrow free transactions
(LoHT is the List Of Honest Traders)

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
bitjet

Activity: 696
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 07:07:33 PM

cant you just add funds to mtgox via paypal??
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 08:17:18 PM

No, Paypal freezes all accounts conducting activity with Bitcoins, So mt.Gox would be shutdown if they did allow paypal

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2011, 08:28:22 PM

...asks the sr. member

Gareth Nelson (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 12:31:14 PM

If you still have the 150PPUSD then i'd be happy to trade you 150Mt.gox.
However.
There is a large grey zone that has a big margin for error with this kind of trade, So you strike me as rather unreliable
I would Much rather trade you 150 Liberty Reserve dollars for the PayPal dollars.

Now dont fear the liberty reserve dollars, Mt.Gox has Very easy implementaion of Mt.Gox account funding from a Liberty Reserve account.
Two ways we can do this:

1.It would be much easier for me to give you LRUSD and you give me PPUSD.
Where you then go onto Mt.Gox and Fund your Mt.Gox account with the LRUSD's that you trade for from me.

2.Alternativly and unsecurly I could fund My Mt.gox account and from there transfer you funds, But I do not/want to do this and I Demand that we use an Escrow, And using an Escrow takes extra time, And I hate using Escrows

So. Mr.garet, The Newbie poster, Wich will you choose. I am in the LoHT 4+ times and I enjoy speedy escrow free transactions
(LoHT is the List Of Honest Traders)

I'll look at libertyreserve now and set myself an account up, PM me with your paypal address and i'll reply with my LR account details - note that this would be the first time i've setup an LR account so i'm not sure on how long it will take. I'm also assuming that it's open to none-US citizens etc (honestly i'm clueless about LR). If for whatever reason I can't do that, then i'll let you know and we can use an escrow.

Thanks for taking me up Smiley
Gareth Nelson (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 12:57:33 PM

Check your PMs Smiley
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 04:43:25 PM

So lemme know, I've responded
And lets have a nice clean transaction
sorry for sounding harsh

Gareth Nelson (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 05:09:37 PM

Transaction completed without a fuss - would happily do this again
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: