Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:01:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Psy a staff member?  (Read 1098 times)
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 08:43:27 PM

Why is Psy a staff member?

He makes personal attacks, harasses posters and shits-up threads to such an extent that he has a protection-racket pay-off address in his signature which he uses to regularly solicit donations to get him to stop.  He also has a bright-orange ignore button, clearly indicating the number of people who are sick of his crap.

Why is he granted a privileged position on this board?  He would be considered a troll anywhere else.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 08:48:50 PM

He makes personal attacks, harasses posters and shits-up threads to such an extent that he has a protection-racket pay-off address in his signature which he uses to regularly solicit donations to get him to stop.  He also has a bright-orange ignore button, clearly indicating the number of people who are sick of his crap.

Why is he granted a privileged position on this board?  He would be considered a troll anywhere else.
How about searching a little bit before posting a duplicate thread/complaint?

The answer is that he is only a moderator in the Spanish (or Portugese?) section because he speaks that language. "Staff" has no meaning outside of the sections that he moderates.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 08:56:01 PM

How about searching a little bit before posting a duplicate thread/complaint?

The answer is that he is only a moderator in the Spanish (or Portugese?) section because he speaks that language. "Staff" has no meaning outside of the sections that he moderates.

Portuguese and Newbies.

Actually, "Staff" does have meaning outside of those sections. Staff members have access to a special "Staff" board where forum moderation is discussed.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 09:00:23 PM

Portuguese and Newbies.

Actually, "Staff" does have meaning outside of those sections. Staff members have access to a special "Staff" board where forum moderation is discussed.
Thanks for the info. I rarely visit Newbies and have it blocked in my preferences, so I didn't notice that.
Looks like I might need to make a small edit to the "rankings" post of mine in Newbies, as well then.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 09:07:07 PM

benjamindees, why are you crackpot troll that posts threads like this one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94471.0 and avoid straight questions when asked?
That thread is 15 pages of pure off-topic nonsense and after 15 pages you still haven't demonstrated even a tiny shred of evidence of a connection between the shooting and bitcoin, despite that being the topic of your thread and being asked for it several times.

I was waiting for your answer on the thread, but given that you took the time to make a new thread and didn't answer my question I'll just report the thread to the global moderators, so they can move it where it belongs, the Trashcan.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: