Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:11:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin to get significant exposure in Assembly this year  (Read 4160 times)
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 10:27:03 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2012, 10:40:09 PM by Technomage

The first question for many of you is probably "What is Assembly?". I'll answer that to begin with. Assembly is an international demo party held at Hartwall Areena in Helsinki, Finland. This year it's from the 2nd of August to 5th of August, lasting 4 days in total.

Assembly is one of the biggest events in Europe of its kind, with over 5000 visitors every year. It's a special event in the sense that the whole arena is filled with computer places. It's a massive LAN party with 2500 sold out computer places this year.

Each year different subcultures of computer enthusiasts come together for this event. There are demo competitions, music competitions and graphic competitions with significant prizes. There are also serious eSports competitions with big prizes. On top of this there are all kinds of custom competitions, concerts, robot wars and seminars. It also happens to be the 20th year of the event which makes it special.

This year Bitcoin is going to be there. We are an official sponsor for this event and we will do it all. We are going to have an epic stand, epic competitions and an epic Bitcoin seminar. This is my call to you to come to the event and help us make Bitcoin the one thing that the visitors remember when they go back home.

We are also looking for partners to join us for the event. Bitpay is already our partner. We are not looking for merchant services or exchanges as partners for the event. What we are looking for are hardware partners because mining could have a special focus in this type of an event. Major mining pools could be potential partners as well. Any merchant partners would be interesting, especially significant ones such as Casascius and Bitcoin Magazine.

This type of an event is excellent for getting more people on board the Bitcoin train. I would appreciate it if you guys supported us.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 10:56:54 PM

This looks like to be awesome event!

Great job for you and Bitpay sponsoring!

Please keep us update on everything  Grin

If there is anything we can do, from sponsoring together, manpower, ect. let me know!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 11:05:54 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2012, 08:18:56 AM by waspoza

Great news, good luck!

PS. I love watching work of demo scene since i got my first microcomputer in the eighties (zx spectrum).
istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 07:38:55 AM

Some Bitcoin demos would be awesome. How about voting with bitcoins? Or having bitcoin QR codes in the demos, so these demos will get exposure and donations even from here?

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
World

Activity: 743

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 09:31:02 AM

Assembly is an international demo party held at Hartwall Areena in Helsinki, Finland. This year it's from the 2nd of August to 5th of August, lasting 4 days in total.
This year Bitcoin is going to be there. We are an official sponsor for this event and we will do it all.
definitely cool place to promote bitcoin

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
kuverty

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 10:09:11 AM

A very good place to promote Bitcoin! Now I'm sure I'll come this year to check it out
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 12:26:48 PM

Thanks for all the positive feedback. istar made a good suggestion which we do like but the problem is that it's difficult to get that sort of a big change made at short notice. They don't really know much about Bitcoin yet, I think our best bet is to get them interested and partially on board with Bitcoin this year and then suggest all kinds of big things for the next year's event.

We are planning on suggesting Bitpay for ticket payments for next year and I think that it has a good chance of succeeding if they get a good impression of what Bitcoin is about. We do like the idea for using the QR codes as donation addresses for the competition participants but I think that at this stage it would simply add complexity to the competition screenings and would not benefit much because Bitcoin is still not big enough. Next year is a different story however.

We do have a competition in the event that involves QR codes and Bitcoin payments. We will hide a bunch of codes all over the event place and participants need to find those codes and send a small amount of bitcoins to the address in the code. Most codes found (& sent) will be the winner, if multiple participants find them all the winner will be the fastest participant. That is highly unlikely however, there will be 30 codes and 10 of them will be classified as "very difficult to find". Top 3 get prizes regardless.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 12:39:06 PM

Try PM-ing Matthew N. Wright (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=24749) for Bitcoin Magazine and Casascius (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2676) for Casacius coins. I'm sure that they'll be willing to give some support for the Bitcoin community.
I would be happy to attend the event, but sadly I'm too far away from Finland. Cry
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 12:41:30 PM

Try PM-ing Matthew N. Wright (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=24749) for Bitcoin Magazine and Casascius (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2676) for Casacius coins. I'm sure that they'll be willing to give some support for the Bitcoin community.
Indeed we are going to contact them directly soon.

World

Activity: 743

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 04:36:45 PM

Will be there a TV big screen? Video ad will be nice how International and digital bitcoin is inside Paul van Dyk clip  Grin

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 06:58:19 PM

Okay guys, this is how it is. World gave us a great idea to let the community to create an ad for Bitcoin. Video editing happens to be perhaps the only skill that our team lacks entirely.

We have big screen ad slots for the event. The ad can be max 60 seconds and it needs to be the kind that gets people's attention (otherwise they will just look at their own screens instead). It can be in English all the way.

All we ask from the ad that it has our logo at the end for a few seconds, otherwise it can be 100% about Bitcoin. It can even be so that at the end there are 2 logos side by side, ours on the left and the Bitcoin orange logo on the right.

Is anyone up to this? This would REALLY help since our team simply lacks video editing skills.

Also we have some ad time for AssemblyTV. That needs to be a 30 second video so it needs to be a shorter version of the one shown at the big screen.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 07:04:45 PM

Actually now that I think about it, the Screw Banks video might work. It's exactly the right length. Not sure if it's the right type of video for this event but that could be a good backup. We can probably use that no problem since Bitpay produced it.

The 30 second AssemblyTV video is still a problem if we use Screw Banks. I think it would be hard to edit that one to make sense in a 30 second timeframe. Need to think of something for that.

kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 07:44:05 PM

Actually now that I think about it, the Screw Banks video might work. It's exactly the right length. Not sure if it's the right type of video for this event but that could be a good backup. We can probably use that no problem since Bitpay produced it.

The 30 second AssemblyTV video is still a problem if we use Screw Banks. I think it would be hard to edit that one to make sense in a 30 second timeframe. Need to think of something for that.

Please don't use screw banks, it is totally wrong target audience  Grin

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 07:46:18 PM

Please don't use screw banks, it is totally wrong target audience  Grin
I do agree on that but it is our backup anyway. It is certainly better than nothing. I hope the community can help us make something more appropriate.

kuverty

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 08:04:30 PM

Would be cool to invite all the gamers mine for a while and invite them to donate the BTC to something nice...
Speaking of demo parties, there was a Bitcoiner at the last Alternative Party and many were interested in the concept, the old school demo people are quite crypto-anarchist snyway
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 08:16:47 PM

Speaking of demo parties, there was a Bitcoiner at the last Alternative Party and many were interested in the concept, the old school demo people are quite crypto-anarchist snyway
Nice! That sounds really good. It means that the seminar will likely get a good attendance as well.

istar

Activity: 523

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 08:20:42 PM

If we could have a Bitcoin demo competition, with Bitcoin prices we could get some cool visuals. It could be just a usual demo with atleast one bitcoin image or 3d logo thrown in. As for ad, maybe you could use the one created for memory dealers and the one showing the github work on the client. They both suit the audience.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 06:50:34 AM

There is some fantastic synergy between bitcoin and gaming. I hope you reach a lot of people.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:46:57 AM

That looks like a group that would pick up on Bitcoin potential right away. Incorporating Bitcoin into gaming makes sense to us, but it will take clever messages to reach mainstream gamers. Demos and game intros would be cool ways to demonstrate Bitcoin. BTW, I didn't see anything Bitcoin related in the sponsors page yet, but the military defense contractor sponsor looked interesting. I would love to buy a fighter jet with Bitcoin someday!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 10:43:01 AM

BTW, I didn't see anything Bitcoin related in the sponsors page yet
We are there, just search the page for Bitcoin. The logo is from Bittiraha.fi (which means "Bitmoney" in Finnish). It is a Finnish language Bitcoin portal. Bitcoin isn't sponsoring the event, we are. Smiley

Our site is basically an expanded version of "we use coins", we don't offer only information we offer an exchange, a Finnish version of Bitpay and a forum, Finnish language Bitcoin news, blogs etc.

It makes sense to try to get Finnish people to our site because it's the best source for Bitcoin information in Finnish and it provides crucial services in Finnish. However we will give Bitcoin itself direct exposure in the event of course. We will have the Bitcoin logo in many places at the event and the ads we produce will be about Bitcoin. Also the seminar is about Bitcoin itself of course, not us.

Our stand is split between exposure for us and Bitcoin, in the end it will depend on the amount of partners we get. More partners mean more exposure for Bitcoin and our partners, less partners and there will be more exposure for us because we have to justify the cost somehow.

Obviously exposure for us means exposure for Bitcoin as well because our site is a Bitcoin site. It's just not an international site, and Assembly also has a lot of international visitors. That's why we need to split the exposure between us and Bitcoin in general.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: