Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:44:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin to get significant exposure in Assembly this year  (Read 4160 times)
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 06:13:20 PM

Assembly seminars have been published. You can find the Bitcoin seminar from there as well.

http://www.assembly.org/summer12/seminars

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 07:18:38 PM

There is going to be an international Bitcoin meetup at Assembly. We will meet outside the main entrance so even people without Assembly tickets can join. The time and date has not been decided yet, I will confirm it once the Assembly schedule is announced. That way we can choose a time when nothing too interesting is happening at Assembly.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 05:38:08 PM

We've published a detailed article on everything Bitcoin related during the Assembly weekend.

https://bittiraha.fi/content/bitcoin-assembly-2012

There will be a Bitcoin meetup during the event, I made a separate thread about that meeting specifically. That meeting can be attended without an Assembly ticket.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=96081.0

Please follow us at Twitter and retweet! We will post updates regularly before and during the event.

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 05:41:47 PM

Looks great!  This is exactly the kind of professional exposure that Bitcoin needs.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 10:29:52 PM

I have to publicly thank Stefan Thomas, Tony from BitPay and Ryan Poirier, the editor of the Screw Banks video. We didn't have the resources to get any video footage to the Assembly event but thanks to them we have both the We Use Coins video and the Screw Banks video. They will be shown at the big screen at Assembly and at AssemblyTV which in addition to being an online TV channel, is actually a national TV channel during the weekend.

Basically thanks to them Bitcoin will have a significantly larger visibility at the event, which is obviously a good thing.

I will try take a lot of pictures so even those who can't attend can feel the awesomeness! Smiley

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 08:20:34 PM

tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKrfZt3CGN0

Assembly Summer 2012 seminar.

Title: Bitcoin - the future of money
Author: Henry Brade

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 04:39:40 AM

tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKrfZt3CGN0

Assembly Summer 2012 seminar.

Title: Bitcoin - the future of money
Author: Henry Brade

If the slides were published ... link please.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 12:42:39 PM

I'll upload them when I have time. Sooo busy here. Smiley

World

Activity: 743

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 01:08:11 PM

I send this video to all my FB friends very informative! THX

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 05:49:44 PM

Great video!!

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 12:59:31 PM

It was a great event, lots of interested people passed the stand. There were lots of kids, who had no trouble "getting" bitcoin, which seemed very positive to me. I didn't see much bitcoin opponents - only on libertarian/liberal type, who thought that commodity money is a better solution than bitcoin Smiley

To me it seemed that many had doubts and unclear issues, but when we had discussed there, they left the stand with a more positive attitude towards bitcoin.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 11:50:31 AM

Here are the slides for the presentation:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38956180/asm12/Bitcoin.ppt

I'll restate here what I stated in another thread:

YLE TV2, which is a major TV channel in Finland, filmed big time at Assembly. They are doing a show on Bitcoin which will air next Tuesday and it's one section of one of the most watched shows in Finland.

They have interviews from me and various other Bitcoin dudes including Sirius (the second major developer after Satoshi and the founder of this forum). They also got an interview of Vili Lehdonvirta whom some think is Satoshi. I met the guy and trust me, he is not Satoshi. Ideological background is very different and on top of that he is no cryptographer.

They also got somekind of statements from the bank of Finland and the police. Interesting to see what kind of a piece it is, the length is only around 10 minutes.

World

Activity: 743

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 02:37:42 PM

Can someone record the video? thx

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: