Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:12:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are BTC Devs Doing Enough To Encourage Adoption of BTC?  (Read 2108 times)
instagibbs

Activity: 114
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:51:50 PM

Core dev work is *almost* orthogonal to making it go "mainstream".  

It's like arguing TCP/IP developers aren't doing enough to make Facebook go viral.

You want Core devs to make sure the core consensus mechanism is humming along. Almost nothing else. 

edit: The blockchain is to give a partial ordering off data published. Nothing else. It's not magic.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 09:04:58 PM

Core dev work is *almost* orthogonal to making it go "mainstream".  

It's like arguing TCP/IP developers aren't doing enough to make Facebook go viral.

You want Core devs to make sure the core consensus mechanism is humming along. Almost nothing else. 

edit: The blockchain is to give a partial ordering off data published. Nothing else. It's not magic.

You're really not giving the core devs enough credit IMO by claiming their only significant contribution (even if filtered to "mainstream" promotion) is the Bitcoin Core client itself. Where would Bitcoin as a whole be without BIP32, BIP7x, mutlisig, P2SH, etc. despite that fact that some of those are only partially (if at all) implemented in Bitcoin Core (not to mention contributions to the bitcoin.org website as well)?
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:13:04 AM

My idea of the best form factor for BTC is really out there and perhaps very impractical.

Keeping the private keys in something similar to a SIM card and then a device taking in the "wallet" simply by plugging it in. The device would never be able to access the keys itself.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 02:42:59 AM

I still see security and user experience as the major road blocks to BTC and any crypto.  Right now, it's a complicated mess of expensive devices, memorization of various info and just general difficulty and confusion for managing bitcoin financially.

$100 gadgets and complicated security won't work in the long run.  Have I missed something glaringly obvious here?  Where is the Apple-like user experience for BTC?  Because if it doesn't come... well BTC will never really arrive.

Also, "talk nerdy to me" doesn't really apply here.  This needs to be something discussed in plain language.  Right?   I mean people get that.. I hope.

The only thing stopping you developing and fixing the problem, is your own incompetence.  Learn to code and do what ever you want.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: