Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:55:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Reasons Why You Should Take Cold Showers  (Read 1331 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 11:57:52 PM

There’s nothing like a warm shower when we want to relax or even warm up on a cold winter day. The idea of subjecting ourselves to cold showers can actually seem crazy at times given how luxurious it has become to enjoy hot showers. But the truth is a cold shower can provide a lot of benefits that you may want to consider.

1. Improves Immunity & Circulation

Running cold water over your body at the end of a shower can improve circulation as blood is sent throughout your arteries to surround your organs. It can be viewed in the same way we run certain systems at high performance every so often to keep it maintained and well oiled. Increased blood flow can also help certain skin and heart issues as well as lower blood pressure, help clear blocked arteries and improve our immune system.

2. Improves Hair and Skin Condition

Hot water can dry out your skin and hair. Of course, it doesn’t help that there are high levels of chlorine coming out of our showers which has a drying-out effect on skin and hair as well. If you can run your shower colder or finish cold at the end, it’s a natural way to keep your skin and hair from drying out as cold water tightens cuticles and pores. This helps to prevent natural oils on the scalp and skin to be stripped away so easily. By keeping a proper oil balance you will have soft, shiny natural looking hair. This also helps to keep the skin and scalp cleaner as well.

More...http://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/01/no_author/take-a-cold-shower/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:06:17 AM

There’s nothing like a warm shower when we want to relax or even warm up on a cold winter day. The idea of subjecting ourselves to cold showers can actually seem crazy at times given how luxurious it has become to enjoy hot showers. But the truth is a cold shower can provide a lot of benefits that you may want to consider.

Running cold water over your body at the end of a shower can improve circulation as blood is sent throughout your arteries to surround your organs. It can be viewed in the same way we run certain systems at high performance every so often to keep it maintained and well oiled. Increased blood flow can also help certain skin and heart issues as well as lower blood pressure, help clear blocked arteries and improve our immune system.

Hot water can dry out your skin and hair. Of course, it doesn’t help that there are high levels of chlorine coming out of our showers which has a drying-out effect on skin and hair as well. If you can run your shower colder or finish cold at the end, it’s a natural way to keep your skin and hair from drying out as cold water tightens cuticles and pores. This helps to prevent natural oils on the scalp and skin to be stripped away so easily. By keeping a proper oil balance you will have soft, shiny natural looking hair. This also helps to keep the skin and scalp cleaner as well.

I had a doctor tell me that hot showers can also be good for you if you have nasal issues.  Another thing to consider is that you can get filters to remove the chlorine.  I'd rather go for a nice jog or run and have a filtered hot shower than freak out in a cold shower.  If you have poor water pressure the filters don't help though.  I'm hoping to replace my current water heater with an inline electric water heater and at that time hopefully add something that would help with the water pressure too.

Don't think I'll ever bring myself to cold showers though lol

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:09:30 AM

I half-thought only psychopaths took cold showers. Even the thought of it makes me uneasy. I think my nerves are too close to my skin.

The more you knowTM

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:18:01 AM

6 - Water has Fluorine and Chlorine. By taking hot shower you will be among Florine and Chlorine gas, that will take the Magnesium out of your body, among other funny stuff
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:23:47 AM

Overall better shower with cold water.
But it depends on someone cold resistance.

As I ever heard if I take a shower with warm water, I will got cold more quickly ... Huh

Smiley
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 12:10:34 PM

And dont forget that to take a cold shower is your best option when your girlfriend dont want to... MmmMM Tongue

6 - Water has Fluorine and Chlorine. By taking hot shower you will be among Florine and Chlorine gas, that will take the Magnesium out of your body, among other funny stuff

really?  Shocked

btw why this thread is on Politics  & Society? :S

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Hope78

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:28:46 PM

Yes, the category where you have posted is weird but, the way I see it, few things worthwhile will come easy.
There will be discomfort, there will be pain, but being able to condition your brain is helpful.
In this case, sacrificing a hot shower for mental toughness could be helpful.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:25:46 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2015, 02:39:36 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:16:44 PM

I don't get it.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:49:20 PM

Cool, i heard cold shows were good but never knew why, i think i will try this from now on, usually i have very hot showers which feel great at the time but after i dont feel as great.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:01:57 PM

Maybe better circulation to be able to take care of business with her? However, getting out of a cold shower won't make your johnson very attractive to her though. Wink
HeroCat

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:33:24 PM

Cold showers are not good for health, only hot water showers can help to relax
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:43:07 PM

Cold showers are not good for health, only hot water showers can help to relax

i dont see how a cold shower could be bad for health unless it was ice cold or your were ill or had some other health issue.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 05:07:09 PM

Maybe better circulation to be able to take care of business with her? However, getting out of a cold shower won't make your johnson very attractive to her though. Wink

Johnsons are never attractive. Let's be honest most of the time it looks like a deformed fleshy bagpipe! Beats a chilly cheeky acorn nubb though Wink

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:00:40 AM

so theoretically a cold swim works just as good.

lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:11:31 AM

i life in indonesia

in indonesia every people a cold shower.
because, in indonesia has tropical climate.
RixDollar

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:33:17 PM

In the summertime, I sometimes take cold showers.

But now, when it's cold outside, I could not do it.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:50:33 PM

Ah, I thought it said "Gold Showers," and I was ready to dispute the value of gold with regard to Bitcoin. Such is life.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:52:30 PM

Cold showers are relaxing now and then
Except in the Winter where a cold shower and cold weather makes for frozen hair and brain lol.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
R2D221

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:06:42 PM

Ah, I thought it said "Gold Showers," and I was ready to dispute the value of gold with regard to Bitcoin. Such is life.

Smiley

I don't think that means what you think it means.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: