Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:57:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddcoin RDD Problems ...  (Read 953 times)
Humanovation (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:32:29 AM

ReddAPI comes to an end
WITHDRAW ALL FUNDS BY FEBUARY 19th 2015 PLEASE!

Well, here we are folks. It's been a fun road with most of you.

As some, or hopefully all of you know, I had some major disagreements with what is/was being done with Reddcoin behind the curtain. I tried to let these disagreements go, but it seems it can't happen.

My problems with Reddcoin started back when I was doing research about the massive amounts of followers we had, in the sub and on Twitter. When I researched, we found that nearly all of them were fake, and nearly all of the followers had some relation with BTCIllionare. After bringing this up, I was shut down, among other things.

Reddcoin and Laudney said they would stop doing the "shady" things they were doing and really make an effort to be in the clear, tell the users what is happening, and why. Let's all be honest I suggested.

More time goes on, and Laudney and the team keep doing weird things and Laudney turns out to be a very mean, controlling person. The type that will kick a team member out for having to go on vacation for a few weeks. It went from being a fun project with people you are friends with to a company where you have to show up to work and deliver or else you get threatened with being out of the team. It was a very hostile environment.

Most of you don't know this, but I was designing and developing the tip platform. I have the documents from back in May showing this. Then BigReddMachine started a new fun coin, and it was just that, for fun. A joke really. But something to learn from. I told BigReddMachine I would create an API for his coin. Well this really pissed Laudney off. He then sent out emails to a few people saying you have a choice. Reddcoin and nothing else or you're out. WHAT?

It was clear at this point, after all the things I had put up with, that he has some issues I can't agree with at all. I sent an email telling him if I were to continue developing the tip platform, I would require payment, as this is clearly not a friendship thing anymore. This is when he officially kicked me out of the Slack team chat, IRC, and many other things. This was in June or July.

Fine. He wants his own thing and we clearly don't get along or see eye to eye. Whatever. I'll go my way, you go yours. How I wish it ended there.

I would get nearly half of my posts banned from Reddcoin. He would say I am using Reddcoin to get ideas and possible funding for projects. I was posting things about a new product I was working on that would support Reddcoin, but I digress.

Finally, recently, the Reddcoin network has a series of problems. These problems created major issues for confirmations on Reddcoin. I needed to find out what happend, because everyone using ReddAPI is now dead in the water without anything being confirmed. My post's were deleted. Why?

All I wanted was info. There was no FUD. I think the Reddcoin leaders can agree that if I wanted to spread FUD, I'd be posting chat transcripts, emails, and much more ALL over the place. Things that would REALLY cause some FUD. But I also have emails saying I would not do that; there is no need to make any of this public I said. That this is a problem between me and Laudney, not the coin. Or, that's what I was hoping.

Reddcoin created a company a while back and I felt this was something huge they should tell the users. There has been no currency owned by a company until now. This needs discussion. But they decided to hid it. I did not blackmail anyone - that required me asking for something to keep quiet. I gave Reddcoin 12 hours to tell the community themself. And they did. But they sure did swing it.

There are many other things that are going on behind the curtain of Reddcoin. Just ask questions, try to get them to be more open and I'm sure the thigns will come out. Maybe everything in the end will be ok, who knows. But at least people should know.

Reddcoin and Laudney have now banned me from Reddcoin. I have no way to interact with the community or the coin anymore. They have turned this from a personal dispute to a bigger dispute, making it so I can't even communicate with my users.

So, Here we are. I put more time, effort and money into ReddAPI than you care to know. Sadly, I just don't really want to support this anymore. The owners have made it clear and I have another project that needs time and effort.

ReddAPI will shutdown on Feb 19th, 2015. This marks the 1 year anniversary since I started creating ReddAPI.

I apologize for the countless services that will have to go down. I wanted to avoid this, but it's impossible with the current leaders of Reddcoin when they make it impossible for me. I'm done trying. I'm worn out.

The End.

WITHDRAW ALL FUNDS BY FEBUARY 19th 2015 PLEASE!
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:13:32 AM

Interesting, haven't been following ReddCoin lately because they have been quite silent.

I don't know the whole story but going by what you said, it sounds like Laudry is restricting users too much. It works much better on forums if you never force anyone to do anything but organize community events so it feels like you are missing out by not participating. If a person wants to leave or work on other projects that should also be OK, everyone steals ideas from everyone else anyways but it's the community that counts and if a person has a good experience they are more likely to help out later on.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 06:29:35 AM

So this is the other side of the story. A real shame...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:52:36 AM

to be honest I liked RDD but something about lack of marketing kept me turned off. I got tired of "waiting game" last month and sold off all my shares.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:26:30 PM

shitcoin gonna be shit

laudney is a dictator and reddcoin was a get rich scheme by him for him. it's not a coin for everyone, its his coin.. which ppl are starting to realize now .. I left months ago when i saw his true colors

if you question anything he will say its FUD and ban
GrayPhoenix

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:09:38 AM

For those who want to check out the current state of Reddcoin you can find out for yourself at Reddcointalk.org.  There's quite a bit going on.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:22:00 AM

So the developers had a disagreement amongst themselves and ReddAPI ended up shutting down as a result and so now ReddCoin community members are looking for help to solve the situation. Both Devs seem very passionate but much different personalities so they just don't get along, it looks as if laudney feels like he's all alone on the project with no one doing the development work. This seems like a community issue more than anything, how does one solve the problem of developers having different visions and beliefs for the project?
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:40:39 AM

if yer having reddcoin problems i feel bad for you son...

i got 99 problems but rdd ain't one...

Kartaba

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:22:43 PM

Early 2014 i was interested in this.. bought in and waited ages for it to make a nice jump in price. Got out around 33 sats..Then the coin said: "FUCK this!" and decided to take a nap which now has been almost a year now. I never bought back in again because i didn't want to wait that long again... But now lol its almost 1 year that redd is failing in price.. .. And development? WHO cares? i know who...some teenagers with 0.0001 btc buying orders.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: