Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:38:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: We are still not sure should we make this game for Bitcoin as a main currency or MetalCoin, so please give your vote
Bitcoin - 19 (86.4%)
MetalCoin - 3 (13.6%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CryptoSpot - The First Bitcoin Virtual Mining Game  (Read 7882 times)
xPooky (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:16:07 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 09:53:52 PM by xPooky

Game launched, since this is no more project in development we are locking this thread and starting new one here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945211
Hi,
We are currently working on a virtual mining game so we want some feedback from the community, how do they see it as an idea and maybe suggest some improvements to be made. Game should be out in BETA before the end of January.

The point of the game is very simple, mining bitcoins, so in order that to be achieved we have in game pools, players can buy equipment or upgrade it or rent... Also the game has altcoins that can be mined and latter sold on in game marketplace for bitcoin, multipools, etc, etc, etc. All in all just like real life mining, end the end point of the game is earning bitcoins, so players will be able to withdraw their coins.

Since there will be in game pools, altcoins, exchanges... we also like to see if there will be interest from coin devs, pool operators, exchanges... to advertise on the site in a way that the coin or exchange or pool will have the same name as their pool with a link to the original pool(advertising)

Please post your thoughts on this and vote on the poll

Thank You

UPDATES

---------------------------------
Pre-registration is now open, so far only completed and uploaded are the auth and referral system, when you create account and login only visible in the dashboard will be your referral link.
When registering check your SPAM folder for the confirmation mail, it might end up there.
The game will be launched February 1st 00:00 GMT, will post a countdown on site in the next update, the total reward for February will be 1.5BTC splited in 1344 Blocks that will come every 30 mins and the block reward will be 0.00111607 BTC. Every player will start with 1GH towards the virtual mining game and additional upgrades will be available(price is not yet calculated). You will earn 5% from your referrals in game purchases. The total reward for the next month will be calculated based on the site revenues for the current month but never below 1.5BTC

The complete My Account module is now finished, next in development is the virtual mining pool.

The complete virtual mining pool is now finished, next in development is the adding the miners and we are ready for launch.

Official Launch

EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 02:44:05 AM

btc is a good way to go and later on you can accept ALT coins

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
xPooky (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:37:56 AM

btc is a good way to go and later on you can accept ALT coins
We think the same, but we also want to know what others think, thank you
xPooky (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:06:12 AM

Could you possibly give an example of how it would work?
Like, would the game use 100% of your CPU + GPU resources to mine through MY Hardware? or would our "characters" or "avatars" Mine virtual "blocks" and in turn give us small amounts of BTC Huh
it will not use any of your PC resources, it will mine virtual blocks, the first month will start with total 1.5BTC reward that will be splited in blocks, so basicly, the players that have better virtual equipment will get more BTC
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 03:03:09 AM

There's been a couple of these projects, I think Kluge has a current project doing this.  You may want to start out with an Altcoin to add something different. Darkcoin maybe?
xPooky (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:09:20 AM

There's been a couple of these projects, I think Kluge has a current project doing this.  You may want to start out with an Altcoin to add something different. Darkcoin maybe?
We are considering to make this for altcoin, and we started thread before launch to get feedbacks from BCT members, in my knowledge i haven't seen something like this so far, but even if there is, competition is good
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 03:16:01 AM

I always have fun with these types of games, and I'd love to see it when it comes out.
xPooky (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:22:26 AM

I always have fun with these types of games, and I'd love to see it when it comes out.
Cool, i think that soon we will be able to start the preregistration and give some more details about the game itself
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:37:17 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2015, 10:06:02 PM by mamamae

thinking that BTC is the stable coin is the right solution
 Metal is just some sat and it can be added after
the game goes viral , i think,
mine is just simple trader mentality but don't mind me
it's just speculation

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 10:42:26 PM

Cool, i think that soon we will be able to start the preregistration and give some more details about the game itself
Send me a PM when there's something I can do.
xPooky (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:32:03 AM

UPDATE

Pre-registration is now open, so far only completed and uploaded are the auth and referral system, when you create account and login only visible in the dashboard will be your referral link.
When registering check your SPAM folder for the confirmation mail, it might end up there.
The game will be launched February 1st 00:00 GMT, will post a countdown on site in the next update, the total reward for February will be 1.5BTC splited in 1344 Blocks that will come every 30 mins and the block reward will be 0.00111607 BTC. Every player will start with 1GH towards the virtual mining game and additional upgrades will be available(price is not yet calculated). You will earn 5% from your referrals in game purchases. The total reward for the next month will be calculated based on the site revenues for the current month but never below 1.5BTC

RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 02:50:49 AM

I tried to register but I haven't gotten the email, and it's not in my spam folder. Can you confirm it got sent?

EDIT: Nevermind.

EDIT 2: When you say "Success, you can now login" or whatever, you're using a red box instead of green?
xPooky (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:29:13 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 04:23:06 PM by xPooky

I tried to register but I haven't gotten the email, and it's not in my spam folder. Can you confirm it got sent?

EDIT: Nevermind.

EDIT 2: When you say "Success, you can now login" or whatever, you're using a red box instead of green?
email was sent and your account is active.
damn i just noticed the error in colors, thanks will fix that in the morning
sorry for the inconvinience it may have caused

EDIT: Colors are fixed now
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 05:33:58 AM

I ever play game like this, its a fun game.
I think you can combine bitcoin and altcoin too, nxt, xcp?
xPooky (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:36:34 AM

I ever play game like this, its a fun game.
I think you can combine bitcoin and altcoin too, nxt, xcp?
yes, altcoins will be added but not from start
xPooky (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:17:26 PM

UPDATE

The complete My Account module is now finished, next in development is the virtual mining pool.

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:20:06 AM

Its fun game, although i didn't get real btc or altcoin Cheesy
xPooky (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:00:25 PM

The game has not started yet, its only pre-register so everyone has a fair chance, the game starts february 1st Smiley
xPooky (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:51:01 PM

The game has not started yet, its only pre-register so everyone has a fair chance, the game starts february 1st Smiley
Where can we pre-register? I would love to play it, considering it's almost the end of January Smiley
great, here is the site link
http://cryptospot.me/
Dilemma

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:34:44 PM

i cant get confirmation mail
please check it
i like this kind of game Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print