Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:30:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What might the lowest possible price of Bitcoin be?  (Read 4919 times)
benzle (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:46:57 AM

This article says enough with all the blind optimism, given current conditions what is the lowest possible price?
http://www.thegreenminute.org/bitcoin.html
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:52:39 AM

This article says enough with all the blind optimism, given current conditions what is the lowest possible price?

$0.00001

Because no matter what, at that price I buy :-)  I'm willing to put $200,- on the table to buy up all the stash ;-)
So the price will never go below that.

But the article is not bad.  They ALMOST discovered the monetary formula.  Not completely.  But almost  Grin
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:46:45 PM

Under $10 is pretty much guaranteed within like a year time.
And no, there will be no recovery, bitcoin is outdated and shown to be ineffective technology.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:01:36 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2015, 03:57:42 PM by abercrombie

Bitcoin continues to amaze me how it has followed technical analysis perfectly dropping down to fill previous huge spikes.  We still need to fill one last spike that sparked the early November 2013 rally to $1k.  

Charts indicate we could fill the spike from the high 100's.  

Without filling that foundation, to rise further is like having a building built on stilts instead of cement.  
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:11:15 PM

i think is very unlikely, but maybe btc can become worthless..so the lowst possibile price is 0
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:29:41 PM

And no, there will be no recovery, bitcoin is outdated and shown to be ineffective technology.

With 100 000 people wanting bitcoin and the price at $27 it would only cost each person $4k to buy every single BTC currently in existence.. 

The odds of BTC ever hitting single digits again is almost zero...  even it becomes a thing of just us nerds I cannot see it going below double digits. 
jzcjca00

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:56:24 PM

Just curious, not trying to start a war or anything, but if you think Bitcoin is a failure, why are you posting on the bitcointalk forum?  If it were me, and I had decided something was useless, I would just move on and find a new interest.  It's more fun to hang out with like-minded people!

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:58:28 PM

...It's more fun to hang out with like-minded people!

Heard mentality confirmed.
stonerider

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:15:37 PM

Zero, as in free, is the lowest possible price for anything.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:28:52 PM

Just curious, not trying to start a war or anything, but if you think Bitcoin is a failure, why are you posting on the bitcointalk forum?  If it were me, and I had decided something was useless, I would just move on and find a new interest.  It's more fun to hang out with like-minded people!

The idea of bitcoin is good, the implementation is just horrible.
Take a look at NXT and see a bright future.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
jzcjca00

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:29:07 PM

I think you mean, "herd," as in "a large group of animals that live, feed, or migrate together," not "heard," as in "I heard what you were saying, and I disagree."

But it's a serious question.  Let's say that I don't like Bob Dylan, for instance.  What would motivate me to join a forum of Bob Dylan fans and spend hours and hours telling everyone that Bob Dylan has a whiny, nasal voice, and that he sings off key?  Clearly true, but still, why devote big sections of your life to seeking out disagreement?

You're suggesting that choosing to hang out with like-minded people makes me a herd animal, but I'm wondering if devoting ones life to going to Yankees ball games just to tell the Yankees fans how terrible the Yankees are isn't a terrible waste of time and energy.

My brother-in-law likes old cars, and he goes to "Cars and Coffee" every Saturday morning.  Imagine that some person started showing up every week to tell everyone there that old cars are stupid and worthless.  I would wonder if that person had some kind of mental illness that made him go out of his way to be so disagreeable!

jzcjca00

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:35:08 PM

If I was interested in altcoins, I would hang out in some kind of altcoin forum.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:46:13 PM

Zero, obviously. If everyone decided that Bitcoin has no value anymore, its value inherently will become 0. This could happen if there's a serious flaw in the protocol, the encryption/one way mathematical hashing functions are rendered broken, or whatever reason. Until then: Some positive value.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:51:46 PM

But it's a serious question.  Let's say that I don't like Bob Dylan, for instance.  What would motivate me to join a forum of Bob Dylan fans and spend hours and hours telling everyone that Bob Dylan has a whiny, nasal voice, and that he sings off key?  Clearly true, but still, why devote big sections of your life to seeking out disagreement?

Now imagine a forum where Dylan fanatics try to unload their scratchy Dylan vinyl on clueless rubes with lulzy claims like "Dylan records are a disruptive technology destined to become the next world currency" & "anyone not blowing his pension fund on Dylan records is a fool."  Imagine further that said Dylan fans are also prognosticating the inevitable demise of all other muzak.  
Still with me?  Let's keep imagining!

Now imagine that same Dylan fanatics are hilariously inept at pimping Dylan, a veritable herd of lolcows, udders just bursting with strawberry-flavored lel.

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:53:50 PM

Herd?
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:57:02 PM

But it's a serious question.  Let's say that I don't like Bob Dylan, for instance.  What would motivate me to join a forum of Bob Dylan fans and spend hours and hours telling everyone that Bob Dylan has a whiny, nasal voice, and that he sings off key?  Clearly true, but still, why devote big sections of your life to seeking out disagreement?

Now imagine a forum where Dylan fanatics try to unload their scratchy Dylan vinyl on clueless rubes with lulzy claims like "Dylan records are a disruptive technology destined to become the next world currency" & "anyone not blowing his pension fund on Dylan records is a fool."  Imagine further that said Dylan fans are also prognosticating the inevitable demise of all other muzak.  

Now imagine that same Dylan fanatics are hilariously inept at pimping Dylan, a veritable herd of lolcows, udders just bursting with strawberry-flavored lel.

Now imagine how effective your trolling would be in real life. Come to think of it, do you have a life outside bitcointalk?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:00:31 PM

That was beautiful Cry

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:04:00 PM

... Come to think of it, do you have a life outside bitcointalk?

Eamorr

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:32:00 PM

I agree. Though if you say it round these parts, you're a "troll".

Bitcoin is like a lovely old steam engine - great for nostaligsts and hobbyists. But you cannot transport the world's population now (or into the future) on steam.

Putting time and effort into hacking steam is a waste of human resources and effort (not to mention electricity). We do know better and we do have better solutions.

Bitcoin is a major historical milestone, and we ought to cherish the innovation and development that made Bitcoin what it was; but it isn't fit for purpose as the earth's universal payment system.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:56:06 PM

lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: