Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:14:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What might the lowest possible price of Bitcoin be?  (Read 4919 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:06:37 PM

and how about the biggest bitcoin price drop so far?

Ooh. I dunno. Depends on your time frame I guess. Possibly the biggest was the expiry of the first bubble in 2011 from over $30 to $2 or so.

In a single day there've been a few instances where it was over 50%. Late 2013 when all the China ban crap started happening.
scat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Scat The Billionaire

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:09:12 PM

and how about the biggest bitcoin price drop so far?

Ooh. I dunno. Depends on your time frame I guess. Possibly the biggest was the expiry of the first bubble in 2011 from over $30 to $2 or so.

In a single day there've been a few instances where it was over 50%. Late 2013 when all the China ban crap started happening.

oh yeah sure its my stupid question  Cheesy , i mean the price dropped in single day 24 hour. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:04:37 PM

Under $10 is pretty much guaranteed within like a year time.
And no, there will be no recovery, bitcoin is outdated and shown to be ineffective technology.

At $10, just one billionaire could buy up all Bitcoins in existence, GUARANTEED.  Richard Branson is just one specific Billionaire who is holding a Bitcoin Summit next month.  You sir are a Troll, GUARANTEED!
godlyitems

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:33:08 AM

If u ask the lowest possible price, then it will be $0, but don't know when the price gonna be on $0.
Uhm maybe this year the price gonna stable on $2** depend the news and gossip around.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 01:05:36 PM

And no, there will be no recovery, bitcoin is outdated and shown to be ineffective technology.

May I ask you a serious question: You seem to be following Bitcoin for quite some time now. What first got you into Bitcoin and at what point did you change your mind / decided that it won't succeed? I'm genuinely interested!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:46:45 PM

May I ask you a serious question: You seem to be following Bitcoin for quite some time now. What first got you into Bitcoin and at what point did you change your mind / decided that it won't succeed? I'm genuinely interested!

Chances are the account was purchased from the original poster. The early posts are 'normal'. Either they blew their chance and went batty or got some free coins for an account they no longer cared about.

americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 08:23:20 PM

$215. 

END OF THREAD

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:10:44 PM

At $10, just one billionaire could buy up all Bitcoins in existence, GUARANTEED.  Richard Branson is just one specific Billionaire who is holding a Bitcoin Summit next month.  You sir are a Troll, GUARANTEED!

Indeed, it's pretty funny to see all those guys aiming for delusional low prices. Aiming for 1 million a coin sounds absolutely reasonable if you compare such prediction with the super peismistic ones. We got legit billionaires on this ship and it seems you aren't even aware of what cruising with billionaires mean. They are in here for long term, which translates in: they will not let this ship sink no matter what. You guys are completely losing sight if you don't see how the current price is actually a godsent for average joes like us to try to stack whole BTC units without it becoming mission impossible.
Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:25:27 PM

It cannot reach $0.  I for one would not sell no matter how much pressure some entity like a government tried to cause a crisis of faith, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. 

Sure I'd like to count my coin(s) and see how it's doing against FIAT, but there's not a chance in hell that I'd give up just because it didn't measure up to some nations currency, that's so missing the point of all this.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:53:10 AM

It cannot reach $0.  I for one would not sell no matter how much pressure some entity like a government tried to cause a crisis of faith, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. 

Sure I'd like to count my coin(s) and see how it's doing against FIAT, but there's not a chance in hell that I'd give up just because it didn't measure up to some nations currency, that's so missing the point of all this.

it can't even reach $5 or $10 people will simply buy every bitcoin possible at that rate. the lowest price from a realistic point of view might be a little above $100
readysalted89

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:10:09 AM

it can't even reach $5 or $10 people will simply buy every bitcoin possible at that rate. the lowest price from a realistic point of view might be a little above $100

If it repeats the pattern of when it crashed from ~$30 to ~$2, then it could go down to ~$80.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:16:50 AM

It cannot reach $0.  I for one would not sell no matter how much pressure some entity like a government tried to cause a crisis of faith, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.  

If it repeats the pattern of when it crashed from ~$30 to ~$2, then it could go down to ~$80.

not feasible, you can't compare the long gone history of bitcoin, now it's different, there is more hash power, the price can't fall under a certain value or bitcoin will just died, there is no recover

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:22:24 AM

not feasible, you can't compare the long gone history of bitcoin, now it's different, there is more hash power, the price can't fall under a certain value or bitcoin will just died, there is no recover

It's unlikely but completely possible. The people on exchanges aren't going to necessarily care about BTC's future or even understand all that much about it overall.

Many will be out to squeeze as much fiat out of it and nothing else. If someone could make several million dollars out of a movement like that it's only one button press away.

Considering how easy it would be to squash the market flat, it is impressive how restrained everyone has been but it only takes one impatient or greedy whale. 
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:13:39 PM

Chances are the account was purchased from the original poster. The early posts are 'normal'. Either they blew their chance and went batty or got some free coins for an account they no longer cared about.

Ah the account being sold makes some sense, indeed. When is the 'cutoff' date between posts that make sense and those that are anti-bitcoin and more of a trolling nature? Wouldn't it only make sense to sell your really old account if you really needed the money?!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:24:28 PM

Ah the account being sold makes some sense, indeed. When is the 'cutoff' date between posts that make sense and those that are anti-bitcoin and more of a trolling nature? Wouldn't it only make sense to sell your really old account if you really needed the money?!
Yeah, I can almost guarantee that kwuk's account was sold and repurchased quite a while ago. Pretty sure I've had this one on ignore for over 6 months now, just didn't seem normal for an old account to post such bullcrap.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:18:38 PM

Yeah, I was wondering about that, as well! If you really didn't believe in Bitcoin (anymore) it doesn't make sense to cling to it for such a long time and watch it grow. Either you jump on the train, or you get away in order to keep sane, having "missed the boat"...

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
saturn643

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:10:15 PM

200$ Markets always find equilibrium. Opportunity exists when gaps exist between them.
centauribit

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:10:31 AM

The price has remained pretty stable over the last few weeks though 220-240 , maybe it will stay where it is for the time being

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:22:07 PM

The price has remained pretty stable over the last few weeks though 220-240 , maybe it will stay where it is for the time being

It would definitely be pretty impressive if we indeed just stayed in that channel. It's rather unheard of to go sideways out of a falling triangle or a falling wedge, but the market in 2012 behaved similarly. At least it would be better than a continued downtrend!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: