Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Coinbase experi nce and your opinion  (Read 433 times)
Bitcoin Explorer (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:03:32 AM

hey there guys, I was creating content on Coinbase, some hacks and issues. I was wondering about your opinion and experiences if any.
Also please vote if you would like to use Coinbase or not for storing large amounts of bitcoins

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1970

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:27:53 AM

hey there guys, I was creating content on Coinbase, some hacks and issues. I was wondering about your opinion and experiences if any.
Also please vote if you would like to use Coinbase or not for storing large amounts of bitcoins

No, i would not use them for storage of large amounts, or blockchain.info either. As for coinbase (not BC.info), they still do not give you the private keys for your addresses, so they effectively own all btc you have there, if any.

My advice for any hodler of anything more than a few BTC is to get a trezor, or use an offline / paper wallet and practice a lot first etc.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Rengar

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:41:51 AM

its not more of hacks or anything like that. For me I had personal issues when I wanted to buy bitcoin and they paused my account until it got approved. It doesnt happen all the time, but its occasionally.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 01:58:48 AM

I wouldn't put a large amount of any coins in an exchange. I look at exchanges like a public atm in a convenience store... okay for the occasional quick transaction, but not a good place to do your long term banking. As far as coinbase goes, I've used coinbase for a little over a year and they're very reputable. Any issues or questions I've had has been dealt with the same business day. I'd recommend them to anyone who needs an exchange to use. That being said, they have been know to block payments to known gambling sites on occasion, so you may not want to send/receive to/from coinbase if you're playing dice. If you're going to be dealing with any large amounts of BTC, consider a cold/paper wallet rather than an online exchange. After Gox, I think everyone involved learned the hard way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: