Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:22:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question about bistamp  (Read 594 times)
asdlolciterquit (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:28:09 PM

Hi everyone,
i've a simple question: i remember that before bitstamp was hacked, it was possible to deposit some btc without any verification?

Did i remember right?
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 03:37:30 PM

Hi everyone,
i've a simple question: i remember that before bitstamp was hacked, it was possible to deposit some btc without any verification?

Did i remember right?

I wasn't ever depositing to bitstamp but I thought they were accepting deposits after 6 confirmations.

But I might be wrong.
asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:41:52 PM

Hi everyone,

Did i remember right?

I wasn't ever depositing to bitstamp but I thought they were accepting deposits after 6 confirmations.

But I might be wrong.

yep! so, i guess, i've a problem! right now the don't accept it anymore, but my old deposit is gone!!!
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:45:22 PM

The best way to solve your issue is to contact bitstamp staff or customer service. They will look into it. It is their job after all. I am sure they will give back everything you lost. Good luck.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:49:31 PM

Hi everyone,

Did i remember right?

that was long time ago, in early 2014, then they changed it with bullshit verification, and their hole security, no damn i want give you my id and other stuff, with all those security hole you have

kraken is far better, not id required until 2k dollar a day or 10k a month
Hope78

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:16:40 PM

On January 4th, some of Bitstamp’s operational wallets were compromised, resulting in a loss of less than 19,000 BTC. Upon learning of the breach, they immediately notified all customers that they should no longer make deposits to previously issued bitcoin deposit addresses. As an additional security measure, systems were suspended until full investigations of the incident.
asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:51:18 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 09:01:56 AM by asdlolciterquit

On January 4th, some of Bitstamp’s operational wallets were compromised, resulting in a loss of less than 19,000 BTC. Upon learning of the breach, they immediately notified all customers that they should no longer make deposits to previously issued bitcoin deposit addresses. As an additional security measure, systems were suspended until full investigations of the incident.

yeah i know, but they are online right now..

@Snorek: i've opened a ticket..will see what happen

@Amph: i made the deposit this summer..on july. Do you think that they already requires verification?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: