Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:06:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PROPOSITION] Bitcoin international promotion campain crowdfunding  (Read 977 times)
BlackPrapor (OP)

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 01:06:18 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2012, 01:48:14 PM by BlackPrapor

If you look at how many people (and I mean people with their own audience, like Jon Matonis, Max Keiser and now bitcoinmagazine.net) were trying to get public attention to the bitcoin for the past few years, you might think that there is nothing more we can do. I believe we could crowd fund bitcoin advertisement campain through GLBSE. Hire a team of professional PR managers, and plan through a year long campain. I know this sounds like an expensive proposition, but I believe its our chance to prove community and potential startups that bitcoin can be used as an efficient economic and financial tool. In fact, every bitcoin miner should be directly interested in bitcoin promotion, as its the only way to increase btc/usd exchange rate or even have whole industries using btc, thus entirely eliminating the need for exchange. By crowd funding the ad campain, costs per person should be minimal.
 There are a few areas I personally believe should have our closest attention. Everyone probably have heard of bitcoincard.org. It looks so cool, to the point that many think its just can't be real. That product have been confirmed to be real by many famous in btc community parties, like Mr.Gavin, bitinstant.com and etc. They propose to have processing nodes installed in shops and other public places. I was thinking maybe they could also be placed inside cargo trucks (rented out to truck owners or drivers) along with cheap ASICs like Jalapenos in one configuration, so the node could give some benefit as well and reduce transaction processing fees of those nodes. So you could be driving on a highway and get your transactions processed while you pass a truck with bitcoincard node. Another place to use these cards is Africa. Its a very popular place for micropayments, but atm the market is taken by mobile phone payments. I believe there is room for bitcoin there.
The most obvious industries for bitcoin to capture are online software shops, music shops, maybe we will see online cinemas in near future...basically any digital content which could be delivered immidiately. Also international students should be targeted as potential bitcoin users. Taxi companies, the list goes on...
Please share your thoughts on the subject, and maybe will'll be able to come up with a sound GLBSE startup plan.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlackPrapor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 08:05:45 AM

I still hope that someone would be interested  Roll Eyes. We could also have GLBSE fund investing into implementation of bitcoin into popular online shops. Then we could get our money back from the exchange interest over some time. Revenue wouldn't be high, but it would help to spread bitcoin.

In blockchain we trust
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 08:12:00 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92327.0  I think we came up with a solution to this it just requires setting up a glbse account.

BlackPrapor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 08:24:53 AM

Yep, I guess it could be possible to create it as a charity fund.

In blockchain we trust
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: