Bitcoin Forum
September 14, 2024, 05:20:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My asic miner has stopped working! Please help  (Read 905 times)
Sam-Ainsworth (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:59:08 PM

I have had my asic miner running for days in my raspberry pi and a USB 2.0 hub but today when I disconnected them both it stopped working. I've ran it on my window 8.1 machine with the hub and it works fine. I then thought that it may have been BFGminer so i installed CGminer and its still not mining. It says its running at 333mh/s but no shares are being gained plus the light turns solid, then goes off for about 10 seconds then goes solid again.

Please help.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:04:25 AM

Which miner? Are you using a powered hub?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Sam-Ainsworth (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:49:10 PM

its a usb asic miner block erupter and i am using a powerhub
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 11:24:12 PM

its a usb asic miner block erupter and i am using a powerhub

Try to change usb cable & move to other usb port.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 06:12:35 AM

First try plugging it in directly to the USB port on the computer to see if tis the miner or the hub. Maybe the hub burned out or is causing to low of electric to the miner. If you test it/them on the computer directly and there is no problem, either replace the hub or Just unplug it and plug it back in until it begins working. Maybe you had the FREQ settings to high and they got so hot they melted or burned something inside the hub. Mine do that all the time and just by unplugging them and plugging them back in they initiate Smiley

Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 08:33:36 AM

First try plugging it in directly to the USB port on the computer to see if tis the miner or the hub. Maybe the hub burned out or is causing to low of electric to the miner. If you test it/them on the computer directly and there is no problem, either replace the hub or Just unplug it and plug it back in until it begins working. Maybe you had the FREQ settings to high and they got so hot they melted or burned something inside the hub. Mine do that all the time and just by unplugging them and plugging them back in they initiate Smiley

He already test that. It's clearly stated on the OP.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: