Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:28:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Havelock Account Was Hacked!!!  (Read 1753 times)
AllInBit (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:52:41 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 01:25:40 AM by AllInBit

My account was hacked this morning at 6:40 CST. I didnt have 2FA set up because i dont have a smart phone. I know, im one of few. Anyway, is there anything i can do? Or is there anyone who can or is willing to help me out?? I got one BTC for anyone that can help me get back what i lost. If its even possible. Thanks

Here is the address where they were sent.  1M767Y235svLCU75kHUwyTPuueiPwXwgvC   First time its been used.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
havelock

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 01:11:15 AM

We try to remind everyone on the top of our page to use 2FA even if you need to use a windows or linux app. 

Please don't click on Google AdWords for Havelock as those are phishing sites. We don't advertise.

AllInBit (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:16:15 AM

We try to remind everyone on the top of our page to use 2FA even if you need to use a windows or linux app. 

Please don't click on Google AdWords for Havelock as those are phishing sites. We don't advertise.

Are you guys still working on that SMS feature i emailed you guys about last MARCH '14 Roll Eyes
havelock

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 01:28:17 AM

Our website does not keep any personal information on our users. We decided against the SMS 2FA feature to preserve the privacy of our users.

flyingplows

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:54:05 PM

My account was hacked this morning at 6:40 CST. I didnt have 2FA set up because i dont have a smart phone. I know, im one of few. Anyway, is there anything i can do? Or is there anyone who can or is willing to help me out?? I got one BTC for anyone that can help me get back what i lost. If its even possible. Thanks

Here is the address where they were sent.  1M767Y235svLCU75kHUwyTPuueiPwXwgvC   First time its been used.

There are some phishing sites that appear on google from time to time. They change one letter, include a number or do some minor hardly noticeable correction and pretends to be the original site. Links to funds did not work at the time I visited one just for fun, but you can see login page and they want you put in your password. You should definitely use 2FA, its not that hard to own a mobile phone these days Smiley And always open from the bookmark, because there can be a typo, you can make mistake in reading from google results and so on  Wink And I don't think there is a way to recover your btc, it works only one way dude Wink

jeffhuys

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:13:51 PM

Here is the address where they were sent.  1M767Y235svLCU75kHUwyTPuueiPwXwgvC   First time its been used.

There are some phishing sites that appear on google from time to time. They change one letter, include a number or do some minor hardly noticeable correction and pretends to be the original site. Links to funds did not work at the time I visited one just for fun, but you can see login page and they want you put in your password. You should definitely use 2FA, its not that hard to own a mobile phone these days Smiley And always open from the bookmark, because there can be a typo, you can make mistake in reading from google results and so on  Wink And I don't think there is a way to recover your btc, it works only one way dude Wink

Yep. There's even bitsmacking or something (forgot what it's called), which basically relies on cosmic radiation (yes, really) to flip ONE bit in a URL (like bitcointalk.org could randomly become botcointalk.org) and you wouldn't notice. It's a proven concept, even.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:55:20 AM

You should definitely use 2FA, its not that hard to own a mobile phone these days

I think the problem is, the customer doesn't own a mobile computer which is ostensibly telephone-based. SMS 2FA (like how many other websites use) would probably work on the customer's regular mobile phone but that's not how HL operates, even if it's better. I can see the argument of not storing personal data, but what if there were an opt-in for that option?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: