Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 04:23:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So will 2015 be the year that home mining ends?  (Read 5273 times)
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:26:52 PM

I really think that lower power GPUs are a huge potential.  I wouldn't be surprised to see performance double and power costs half which would turn GPU farms back on again.

It's not really about lower power consumption - it's about getting more hash with what you've got.

I think it is about having very new and cheap equipement, low maintenance costs, use cheap capital (no or low interest rates) then it is about keeping all or most the bitcoins you make.
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:30:58 PM

Lyra2RE, which is use in Vertcoin after switching from Scrypt-N (in my opinion, switching the hashing algorithm is a bad idea unless there is some serious flaw). From the zero, Lyrabar. We also have NeoScrypt.
"We" ... who?
carlosiness

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:12:34 PM

i believe, bitcoin mining has been ended, at the moment other curriencies are being mined.

MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED, BUT THIS ASSHOLE DIDN'T CHANGE THE PASSWORD. I DON'T USED THIS FORUM FOR AGES. YOU COULD SEE IT FROM MY ACTIVITY. I USED THIS FORUM FOR FUN AND TO GET SOME BTC FROM SIGNATURES.. NOW I SEE TERRIBLE POSTS AND CRIMINAL OFFENSE FROM MY ACCOUNT. I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR ALL WHO HARMED FROM THIS LAYER ASSHOLE.. I exported my outbox when he was doing dirty jobs.. OUTBOX HERE FOR DOWNLOAD
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 05:37:07 PM

i believe, bitcoin mining has been ended, at the moment other curriencies are being mined.

only fro small farm, big farm will milk the shit out of bitcoin, there is no ending there

mining for alt is also at the end, it's running only for cheap electricity guys
nachoig

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 07:01:32 PM

Lyra2RE, which is use in Vertcoin after switching from Scrypt-N (in my opinion, switching the hashing algorithm is a bad idea unless there is some serious flaw). From the zero, Lyrabar. We also have NeoScrypt.
"We" ... who?

Oh sorry, not me.  Tongue

Anyway: https://www.coingecko.com/en?hashing_algorithm=NeoScrypt
toptekk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:25:10 PM

I don't really understand why anyone mines at a loss, rather than just turning off their systems, taking the money they'd have spent on power and buying coin with it, instead.

I think you have two main sets of people:

1.  Those that look at crypto-currency as a hobby.  Any money made is icing on the cake.  Any money lost is just the cost of the hobby.

2.  Those trying to make money off of it.

hobby for me i enjoy it a lot + that extra change i may or may not make is good, if your in it for the money then be ready to make or  revert a room in you house to fit 20 +  machine at least, power won't matter at that point .if your home mining .

I know a few in Canada who tell me they do nicely with there home mining they just hate it when they have up grade and sell off the old stuff.

I would  not go as far as to say its dead just be ready for the long run and be ready to shell out some cash to hit that sweet spot .

I got email  that said Bitcoin Trading Volume Increased from $15 Billion to $23 Billion Last Year, so some one besides the big guys are also making that .

it's there just depends what your willing to do . It's work and work means work.  Smiley .
toptekk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:41:04 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 08:53:26 PM by toptekk

Wow - so I guess I feel a little depressed.  

1.  No new Scrypt mining hardware.

2.  Everything went to the Ponzi-Mining -- which is starting to collapse for many.  

3.  Most alt coins are becoming less profitable to mine.

I don't really see any of these alt coins becoming mainstream.  Does anyone?  So much for LTC being BTC's silver?  LOL

I mean each one says it does this or that or supports something new and exciting - but no one is really using them for anything but trading to BTC in the end.

Any new ideas / technologies to come?  Or is this going to be the end year of home mining (no matter how you do it -- CPU / GPU / ASIC).

I have been interested in the hard drive BURST mining.  It is something different at least, but I guess that could easily be taken over by huge cloud drives as well.  

At  the end of year if all goes well with these guys there will be  Scrypt miners that do it all for Scrypt they said they won't mass produce that ruins things .

http://cleverhash.com/  these bad boys will do it  all including cloud mining . no sha256 that i see.

I know this  beating a dead horse  but I'm still hoping for the hasha stuff, if it does ship i plan to order one of the 2 th sha256 things , I'm  keeping a very close eye on it and hopping to see good things . at this point why not  i got my refund so I'll wait now and see.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: