Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Giant Snow Bitcoin  (Read 1048 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:09:52 PM

No apologies for the title, for somebody in the Bitcoin community should take up the challenge. Or, do Bitcoiners want to be upstaged by three Minnesotan brothers and their turtle? The chances are pretty good that such a creation could go viral considering the age-old coined phrase "cold hard cash".

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/27793726/3-minnesotan-brothers-create-massive-snow-turtle

NEW BRIGHTON, Minn. (KMSP) -

Minnesotans are certainly used to seeing snow piled up in people's yards, but what they're not used to seeing is a 12-foot tall sea turtle carved into it.

Three brothers from Minnesota are known for making huge snow sculptures in their front yard each winter – this year, they decided to create a sea turtle. Austin, Trevor and Connor Bartz live in New Brighton, Minn. They documented the progression of their sea turtle creation in a YouTube video here.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:52:36 PM

I don't understand the correlation between “giant sea turtle made of snow” and “Bitcoin”.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:55:05 PM

I don't understand the correlation between “giant sea turtle made of snow” and “Bitcoin”.

I think he is talking about the chance of bitcoin community making a giant bitcoin symbol made of snow
Troonetpt

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:56:03 PM

It's just for fun, right?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:59:22 PM

yep.
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:01:12 PM

I somehow feel this should be in Off-Topic.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:08:45 PM

The obvious inference to be drawn is that the reference to "Snow" is rather a reference to the reggae artist "Snow" and thus the intent of this post is to subvert bitcoin to the Rastafarian agenda.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:41:31 PM

I think he is talking about the chance of bitcoin community making a giant bitcoin symbol made of snow

Not a large community effort, just one to three or so guys or gals building a giant Bitcoin symbol, akin to building a snowman or a turtle. Hell, with a little (or a lot) of food coloring (or lights), imagine the end result. And, if a key-pair is hidden within, it could be sold, then spent - the first ever physical "hard cold cash" used to make a purchase.
Ludi

Activity: 274

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:48:42 PM

You're not the only one but this is not uncommon for op.

You're not wrong. Phinneaus aka Gleb Gammow topics often start in bitcoin discussion but get moved to off topic. Think he does it on purpose.

Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:56:34 PM

You're not the only one but this is not uncommon for op.

You're not wrong. Phinneaus aka Gleb Gammow topics often start in bitcoin discussion but get moved to off topic. Think he does it on purpose.

You thinkith wrong! If I honestly felt this should have been in off-topic, I would have placed it there. That's not to say that I may an honest mistake in this case.

To be fair, this particular topic could be considered borderline.

That said, who's currently building the Giant Snow [spendable] Bitcoin?
juju

Activity: 381

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:49:23 PM

No apologies for the title, for somebody in the Bitcoin community should take up the challenge. Or, do Bitcoiners want to be upstaged by three Minnesotan brothers and their turtle? The chances are pretty good that such a creation could go viral considering the age-old coined phrase "cold hard cash".

-snip-

haha cool idea!

Turtles all the way down Smiley
BitcoinAccepted
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:04:31 PM

The obvious inference to be drawn is that the reference to "Snow" is rather a reference to the reggae artist "Snow" and thus the intent of this post is to subvert bitcoin to the Rastafarian agenda.

Hear me now............1992!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StlMdNcvCJo

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
GreatWinter

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:23:29 PM

LOL, cold hard cash. That would be fantastic. However, it would probably work out better as an ice sculpture.

http://jetsetta.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/ice-sculpture-3.jpg
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 10:52:43 PM

They should call it the "Mitch Mcconnell" snow sculpture.
okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:12:54 AM

LOL, cold hard cash. That would be fantastic. However, it would probably work out better as an ice sculpture.

Someone should do a Karpeles version of this one entitled "Where did I put all those coins I stole?"
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:27:42 AM

Someone should do a Karpeles version of this one entitled "Where did I put all those coins I stole?"

Or, of Mark Karpeles' cat.

malumeze86

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:39:25 AM

Hear me now............1992!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StlMdNcvCJo

Just makin' sure Y'all heard.  Lolz

1EaEzvenWz2nXNQxEyQmkHhfSKxpXeRsyD
H.W.Z

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:41:02 AM

I think u should make the sculpture of bitcoin icon standing there. It will grab more attention.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:46:26 AM

Brother, you miss all the good jokes Embarrassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:09:01 AM

Brother, you miss all the good jokes Embarrassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

Exactly, during the interview of some [staged] kid admiring the Snow Bitcoin, his ONLY [stoic] reply would be, "I like Bitcoin(s)!"
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: