Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:19:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im drunk and depressed.  (Read 2599 times)
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 02:47:17 PM

I feel much better now, i think the alcohol enchanced it all, i was more down than depressed really. Thanks though for good advices:)

good to hear. hope you can get a refund on that dog.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
startravel (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 03:10:55 PM

I feel much better now, i think the alcohol enchanced it all, i was more down than depressed really. Thanks though for good advices:)

good to hear. hope you can get a refund on that dog.

Haha yeah, i hope so to:D
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 11:51:45 PM

If that fails, some good ol' Terence Mckenna usually does the trick;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLc6i29yhDM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4oV_Z-c0e0
Terence Mckenna is awesome.  I've yet to do serious psychedelics, but someday I will see what this guy is talking about for myself.
BrimStone

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 12:14:37 AM

As someone dealing with depression myself I can say some of the advice given here is very good.  I would recommend improving your diet and moderate exercise as the best things.

If you are drinking, try to slow down.  I was drinking quite a bit and when I cut back things got better.

I would also recommend finding someone to talk to about what you are feeling.  This can be family, close friends, or a therapist.  It took me three years to man up enough to go to a therapist and talk.  Once you start it gets easier and you will start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

My trigger was a divorce after a very long marriage.  I have kids and was an instant single parent.  You have to be strong for the people who love you.  That means taking care of yourself.

Good luck.

-Brim

BitCoin Addr: 1GvcrpJmvC9wsdAndVnMFLc7dD9Yeo1ggU
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 12:46:53 AM

All the above could be taken care of with pot, you get muchies you eat and are medicated, even when medicated, your not downed like being on pillz n govt issued depression suicidal pillz, you get out and be active. Win win. Have you thought that smoking some budz and doing some down hill mountain biking is fun? Man! Missin out.
unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 12:49:24 AM

Hang in there!

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 03:35:07 AM

Irony is posting on the Bitcoin forum about how nothing in the world matters... Bitcoin is hugely important to the future of humanity. If you're feeling depressed, get involved in a project with this much scope and power. Build something that matters, and it will be impossible to feel insignificant.

This is true.

I know it sounds melodramatic, but in all honesty Bitcoin is keeping me alive right now.

I broke up with my girlfriend of 6 years, and have since developed an extreme chronic pain disease. I am forced to work less hours and spend almost all my time doing treatment.

Thankfully, my various Bitcoin endevours are making huge amounts of money, which has made up for my lack of ability to work, plus the potential for bitcoin to liberate the world keeps me emotionally charged. Until I fully recover, this forum is basically my social life. It's sad, but it's saving me at the darkest time in my entire life.

I'm still alive though and I'm going to beat this thing. I have a lot more sympathy now for people who are truely suffering, but at the same time, I have lot less sympathy for those who are just "depressed" but without a severe health ailment of any kind. You don't realize that just sitting in a chair outside on a sunny day and not having physical pain is as good as it gets on this earth. Appreciate what you have and how blessed you are to have your health, and never forget it.
Deafboy

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 04:46:42 AM

I felt a little depressed a while ago too, but after reading this I feel better... or is it because of morning sunlight?
Al the Alpaca

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 07:05:04 AM

Ive been drinking, and im depressed. Its like nothing in the world matters anymore, I dont give a fuck about anything anymore. Im totaly emotionaly numb, and its been like this for a while. Anyone else feel the same?

I, too, at one time was very depressed, startravel, but I soon got over it. Unlike the interview I gave Piers Morgan, I was raised on a farm (not found in the wild) and Fred, the farm owner, was about to come out of his home and kill me, for he claimed that I was hanging around the delta-male alpacas way too much. Luck I was within earshot of the conversation between him and his wife, Maggie, that I was able to break free and get the hell outta Dodge. I roamed the countryside for days, totally depressed, with my head hung low, not being able to look others in the eye. But one day I found a broken microphone in somebody's garbage, and from that moment on I knew I wanted to be a star. It wasn't long before I got my first real gig. Vicente has been like a Father to me, and Matthew, what can I say about Matthew that hasn't already been written?

So, startravel, keep your spirits up and... (Oops! Wrong word choice!)

~Al the Alpaca~

█ ANN THREAD █
Whitepaper
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAMFACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
danster82

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 07:05:17 PM

So you just got the news about the BitForce Jalapeno  3.5 GH/s  for just  $149 to ah?
FUgqI9SacB7kWzZC

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 08:27:33 PM

I wish I was drunk.
Charm Quark

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 10:01:52 PM

I concur, pekv2,  pot is good for depression. But not for long term. Just once or twice is enough to get in there and change some opinions of yourself. Happiness is something you make for yourself, however cheesy that may sound. Just know that failure & hardship don't define your character, rather its how you play the cards you're dealt so to speak.
schnell

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 10:24:46 PM

Ooh Bruno, I hear flights to south korea are expensive.
Better start saving up the leather Smiley
mike2381

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 07:26:58 PM

exercise  Wink
freebtc

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:26:41 PM

earn some free coin to make yourself feel better i did and have but not shore if i feel any better Cheesy
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:33:51 PM

The only real solution is to do something productive with your time. If a crappy job or whatever gets in the way of this you should create a plan to get out of that situation.

If you are a constant emotional and financial drain on those around you and there is no way for you to prevent yourself from continuing down this path it is like you are a cancer cell. There is a reason people apoptose themselves sometimes.

But do not make this decision prematurely. It takes 2-3 years to really know.
raad287

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:46:39 AM

Dude,, Alcohol is a downer a depressant.

Next time you want to drink, Do some cocain and then drink, you'll have a much better night Tongue

A very good advice from your friend AndrewBUD.

Being depressed is for losers. The right way to do it is to get broke and depressed.

just smoke, you'll feel a ton better
deus-ex-machina

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:41:25 PM

Maybe the problem is you're looking for things that help you, but you don't realize you actually wan tot help others.

I was depressed until I started working for a residence (which I will not name to protect the privacy of those who live there). While it can be stressful sometimes, I feel happy that I get to bring happiness to people.

Also, try to train empathy. It helps a lot. You'll start smiling when other people smile, and laugh when they do.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:59:50 PM

I'm sober and happy.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 07:05:04 PM

I'm always happy,,,,,, take all my bitcoin and smash my rigs, I'll still be happy...... Smiley sober or not...... and drinking sucks.... no booze for this guy.... Maybe beer on a rare occasion

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀