Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:35:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO Suspends Cloud Mining.............  (Read 7663 times)
ONLYfree
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:56:15 AM

Cant believe that peoples can be so stupid. Sorry.

Your are buying not working service with only hope, that bitcoin price to the moon and service start again a business after 1-2-3-4 years later? Also big chance that be never. But thats alright that your are buying,because a lot of people wanna sell it for you worthless thing what they own.

Peoples, please..

-2: -1 / +0
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Surger

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:37:52 AM

fistlu cex stop mining
and today hashnest stop mining too
i dont think they will start minin again..
cloud mining will die..
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:15:57 PM

How can they stop mining and hashrate increases again.

This is fucking insane.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:32:57 AM

fistlu cex stop mining
cloud mining will die..
This may be a good opportunity to buy up a lot of shares of cex's GHs cheaply. The price will eventually rebound high enough so that it would be profitable for owners of GHs to turn them back on and the difficulty seems to be stabilizing somewhat. This is especially true if you have some bitcoin that you can afford to have be tied up for several months

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 03:34:52 AM

cloud mining is almost dead. maybe some chinesse to still mining Smiley
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:33:08 AM

This is fucking insane.
They are still mining for themselves, just officially stopped, so they don't have to pay their customers.
The price of BTC will go up again and they know it.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:29:24 AM

This is fucking insane.

because they arent actually mining? just saying they are then buying the coin to pay people, not sure.
pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:36:35 AM

fistlu cex stop mining
cloud mining will die..
This may be a good opportunity to buy up a lot of shares of cex's GHs cheaply. The price will eventually rebound high enough so that it would be profitable for owners of GHs to turn them back on and the difficulty seems to be stabilizing somewhat. This is especially true if you have some bitcoin that you can afford to have be tied up for several months
this is not cheap by any means. the other place has it at  a similar price, and they are plugged in. still paying out.
opossum

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:31:14 AM

fistlu cex stop mining
cloud mining will die..
this is not cheap by any means. the other place has it at  a similar price, and they are plugged in. still paying out.
It looks like they are trading at $0.11 right now. Compare that to the roughly $0.3289 per gh/s that an s3 costs (plus the cost of a PSU). Granted an s3 is probably going to be more efficient but the cost per gh/s is much higher

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 10:38:49 AM

If it's so much trouble to keep things going then why are there other cloud mining companies that are doing just fine? Doesn't add up, but oh well, I didn't like cex.io much either, seems to me a case of poor management of their funds if they're truly having difficulties.

Other cloud mining companies are not "doing just fine."  EG, Cointerra, GMP, and PETA are dead.  Even AM and 100TH are down to paying the occasional dust dividend.

Lethn may be the dumbest Legendary member of this forum.  He spews idiotic, demonstrably incorrect crap like this all the time.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

fistlu cex stop mining
cloud mining will die..

The difficulty may be stabilizing because cex.io is stopping cloud mining. If the price of BTC will go to 300$ again soon, they will resume mining and the price per GHS will go back to 0.0013 or more per GHS for a more than 100% profit in BTC.
Dilemma

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:29:03 AM

now bitcoin prize is 210 dolar
if we can see over 250 dolar, mining will be profitable again
i hope we can see..
i lose profit cex and hashnest in same time Sad

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:31:19 AM

I think it's troubling they couldn't be bothered with upgrading their hardware as time went along.
At one time they gave an option to buy their mining hardware but I don't see that now. Their hardware was old a year ago and I didn't see any newer efficient hardware being installed.
They honestly didn't get a ROI and than some on their cloud operation?

Why would that be troubling? Cloud mining gets you a fixed amount of hashing power just like buying a miner gets you a fixed amount of hashing power. If you're running a physical miner then at some point, electricity costs will be greater than mining income. The same is true of cloud mining. If you bought a physical miner and it became unprofitable would you expect the seller to send you a new, more efficient miner free of charge? No, you wouldn't, so why would you expect a cloud mining service provider to upgrade their cloud mining contracts free of charge.

Its a sign that they may have been fractional reserve mining because BTC hasn't dropped that low where it is unprofitable to pay for electricity. Rather than popping like other cloud mining services they simply suspend payouts due to increased maintenance costs.

"Cloud mining services" that go pop are not cloud mining services at all - they're ponzis. If you look at the few legitimate services, they all have have a "stop mining clause" for when maintenance fees are greater than mining income. Anyone mining for a profit would turn their miners off under such conditions. It's simply common sense.

If it's so much trouble to keep things going then why are there other cloud mining companies that are doing just fine? Doesn't add up, but oh well, I didn't like cex.io much either, seems to me a case of poor management of their funds if they're truly having difficulties.

There are only 2 legitimate cloud mining services left in the game - ASICMiner's AMHash and BitFury's Bit-x. All the others are ponzis and therefore have no hardware costs to recuperate and no maintenance fees to pay. Hashnest has become unprofitable. Bit-x became unprofitable but they reduced their maintenance fees by 33% to keep themselves in the game.

cloud mining (ALL OF IT) has always been a ponzi.  

No equipment, no mining, just promises of forever payouts.

things can't sustain when demand drops and overall price is not rising.

ASICMiner, BitFury, Bitmain and KNC all offer cloud mining services. None of them offer "forever" payouts. Perhaps you should look at some of the legitimate services from the manufacturers instead of the ponzis.

cloud mining is almost dead. maybe some chinesse to still mining Smiley

Both ASICMiner and BitFury run their own cloud mining services and both companies will have ~0.2 J/Gh ASIC very soon. In the coming months, you'll undoubtedly see those ASICs power new cloud mining services. I'll be very surprised if Spondoolies don't get in on the action too.

Cloud mining isn't dead, it's about to explode now that most manufacturers are running their own services.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:51:49 PM

i hope we can see..

What was the price when cex stopped its cloud mining operations? I think they will definitely offer cloud mining when the price is 300$
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:20:19 PM

i hope we can see..

What was the price when cex stopped its cloud mining operations? I think they will definitely offer cloud mining when the price is 300$

it was 230 USD.

many other big miners stopped their activity and cash out the Bitcoin. the boat is sinking  Embarrassed
Syndra

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:50:10 PM

wait why the hell would they stop? i dont even understand what the heck is going on.. is it all based on difficulty?
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 11:54:06 PM

wait why the hell would they stop? i dont even understand what the heck is going on.. is it all based on difficulty?
The miners they have now aren't making enough to cover the power cost after the price drop since they're mostly older ones. 

ajw7989
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:58:22 PM

i hope we can see..

it was 230 USD.

many other big miners stopped their activity and cash out the Bitcoin. the boat is sinking  Embarrassed

There are rumors the reason bitcoin took this huge plummet is off of BFL. They had to sell off their bitcoin to fiat to pay their customers in a lawsuit. Guess what they still have over 90,000 btc left to dump. It seems bitcoin rebounds above 200 mark so thats good to know.
Talon

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:35:22 AM

is it all based on the recent price drop? they dont see a profit or something.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 01:27:45 AM

i hope we can see..

it was 230 USD.

There are rumors the reason bitcoin took this huge plummet is off of BFL. They had to sell off their bitcoin to fiat to pay their customers in a lawsuit. Guess what they still have over 90,000 btc left to dump. It seems bitcoin rebounds above 200 mark so thats good to know.
Combine that with the Stamp robbery and it's no wonder the price is going down Sad

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: