Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:59:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cex.Io Out Of The Mining Game As Difficulty Surges And Prices Drop  (Read 583 times)
srgkrgkj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:27:19 PM

Cex.io one of the first major cloudmining operators has just annouinced that it will be temporarily shutting down its cloudmining services to the public. It has also been added that the trading exchange platform launched by the same company will remain in play unaffected by the closure.

Source :

http://www.btcfeed.net/uncategorized/cex-io-out-of-the-mining-game-as-difficulty-surges-and-prices-drop/

Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:29:23 PM

Its really unfortunate but they should move their centers where they can gather cheaper electricity.. their price is/was insane anyway.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 09:24:50 PM

My guess is that they didn't keep up with the ASIC upgrades over the past year. They probably got caught flatfooted with high power requirements and low hashing hardware. I think some other farms followed suit, there was a large drop in network hashrate the other day.  If this follows suit, it wouldn't be that terrible for the oversupply of BTC to dry up a little bit.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 09:53:26 PM

My guess is that they didn't keep up with the ASIC upgrades over the past year. They probably got caught flatfooted with high power requirements and low hashing hardware. I think some other farms followed suit, there was a large drop in network hashrate the other day.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. On their site they have a program where you can trade your GH/s for real hardware. The hardware listed for the program looks really inefficient, and looks like they've that equipment for over a year now.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:55:31 PM

Hopefully they are shutting down all the equipment and we wont have greater than a 3-5% incr in difficulty in 10 days or so
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:26:31 AM

If this is indeed true, shouldn't they be shutting down over 40PHs of mining hardware?
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:30:23 AM

If this is indeed true, shouldn't they be shutting down over 40PHs of mining hardware?

An unknown amount of that 40 PHs is private miners.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
baristor

Activity: 636
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:14:36 AM

had to happen sooner or later, Their chat etc was always spammed with people whining abt neg balance and they poor mantainance ponzi style earning system, no upgrade gear, n high fees.

Now hopefully difficulty shld decrease?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: