Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 03:21:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wallet.dat corrupt need help plz  (Read 588 times)
lordviper2300 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:32:50 PM

hey all. so i have a ruby coin wallet.dat that says is corrupt. and i have alot of coins in it and need to recover it.

i know nothing about linux or any other operating system other then windows. so im wondering if there is a program that i can use in windows to recover my coins?

or if someone can give me a detailed step by step on what to do to recover the coins.
minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 11:43:06 PM

use --salvagewallet for if that doesn't work try with --repairwallet (Backup your wallet.dat before you try anything)

lordviper2300 (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:26:49 AM

have tried that and it doesnt work. in the db file it says

Encrypted checksum: no encryption key specified
Page 0: metadata page corrupted
Page 0: could not check metadata page
wallet.dat: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification failed
__db_meta_setup: C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Rubycoin_v2\wallet.dat: unexpected file type or format
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 04:10:28 AM

hey all. so i have a ruby coin wallet.dat that says is corrupt. and i have alot of coins in it and need to recover it.

i know nothing about linux or any other operating system other then windows. so im wondering if there is a program that i can use in windows to recover my coins?

or if someone can give me a detailed step by step on what to do to recover the coins.

You might have a previous version on the drive if shadowcopy took a snapshot of it.
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-restore-previous-versions-of-a-file-in-wind.html

It's worth a shot...

If not, then hopefully you extracted your private keys at some point.
lordviper2300 (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:09:30 AM

ya unfortunatly that wont work. i screwed up and reformated my drive without making any backups of my wallet.dat file. so after i reinstalled windows thats when i remembered about the wallet. so i installed a program to recover the file. but whenever i try to open it i get those errors.

stupid me for not making any other backups. i have seen posts on how to use a program called pywallet. but i have no idea what im doin or how to use that thing.
lordviper2300 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:08:34 AM

anyone else have any suggestions on what i can possibly do to recover my wallet? or should i just give up and lick my wounds for loosing 140k coins. lol
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:28:36 AM

Pywallet works.

Download it -> https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet

Dump wallet with command -> pywallet.py --dumpwallet --datadir=C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Rubycoin_v2\ > dump.txt

You should be able to run this command in Command Prompt (Start command prompt with CMD).

This will dump all your private keys to a text file and you should be able to read them from there.  You can import your private keys into a new wallet.

Remember to backup your old wallet first.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
lordviper2300 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:12:33 AM

thanks for that. i have tried it and i guess the wallet is just to corrupted. nothing can be done with it. oh well my own fault for not backing it up.

just sucks to loose out on 140k ruby coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: