Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:42:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: guide on 100% safe paper wallet?  (Read 1414 times)
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:42:57 AM

Go to github, pick up the bitaddress.org file and use it to create an offline paper wallet

Yuki1988

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:25:06 PM

You could also encrypt your private key using BIP-38. This will result in an key that is useless for someone that doesn't the password. However, this means that you will have to remember the password forever. Grin
I don't like that option, because I could lost the money forever. Undecided

Well then, you could create a 2-of-3 paper wallet and place them in different places so that
1) having just 1 paper wallet is useless so it is safe against thief and burglar breaking into your house
2) you just need 2 paper wallets and no further password to access your bitcoin

Anillos2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:16:00 PM

You could also encrypt your private key using BIP-38. This will result in an key that is useless for someone that doesn't the password. However, this means that you will have to remember the password forever. Grin
I don't like that option, because I could lost the money forever. Undecided

Well then, you could create a 2-of-3 paper wallet and place them in different places so that
1) having just 1 paper wallet is useless so it is safe against thief and burglar breaking into your house
2) you just need 2 paper wallets and no further password to access your bitcoin
It's a better idea.

The paperwallet has the advantage that it can be hidden between the pages of a book, so if you have lots of them, burglars needs to review each book, one by one. And one of the paperwallets could be hidden inside of a pen or the PC speakers. Tongue

Of course, you must be careful if you want to sell some books, the pen or the speakers. Tongue

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: