Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:31:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US eBay Account - 15 Years Old, 650 Feedback, $106K Sales Limit  (Read 2003 times)
twentyseventy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:42:44 AM

I've had a number of inquiries over the past few weeks about a comment that I made about my eBay account.

Here are the details:

• US eBay Account (Buyer/Seller)
  • Created Feb. 2000 - 15 Year Age
  • 650 Feedback - 100% Positive Last 12 Mos. - A significant amount of feedback is from sales, not just purchases
  • $106,000 Monthly Sales Limit - 100 Item Limit

This account is valuable for the feedback rating and quantity and for the very high sales limit. Upon successful purchase I will transfer over ownership of the account to the new owner; any links to my personal or financial information will be removed.

I can provide the actual account name to seriously interested parties.

I'd expect my reputation to provide enough trust but I'm happy to work with a reputable escrow. Any escrowed bids must specify the escrow and I reserve the right to refuse any bid for this reason.

Bidding starts at 2BTC - I've received offers for this amount, so I consider it a reasonable starting bid. No reserve.

Bidding ends at 7PM Eastern Time GMT-4 (11PM GMT) on Sunday, January 18th.

Please PM with questions or post here in the thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:55:18 AM

So someone could buy this, make a new paypal, put a crap tonne of threads up, sell a bunch, screw off with a small fortune and trash the account?

Would it not come back on your name and be traceable to you?
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:58:25 AM

Sorry, I'd offer 1btc. As I can drop ship items in the USA and would actually use the account heavily Smiley

twentyseventy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:08:02 AM

So someone could buy this, make a new paypal, put a crap tonne of threads up, sell a bunch, screw off with a small fortune and trash the account?

Sorry, I'd offer 1btc. As I can drop ship items in the USA and would actually use the account heavily Smiley

I'd really prefer that someone use the account for legitimate purposes, there's just no good way that I could ensure that that would be the case. Plus, Paypal has gotten a lot better at fraud detection these days. A new PP account receiving large amounts of incoming payments would trigger a red flag and most/all of the payments would be on hold pending the buyer's receipt of the item.

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind in case it does not sell-
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:16:54 AM

I'd really prefer that someone use the account for legitimate purposes, there's just no good way that I could ensure that that would be the case. Plus, Paypal has gotten a lot better at fraud detection these days. A new PP account receiving large amounts of incoming payments would trigger a red flag and most/all of the payments would be on hold pending the buyer's receipt of the item.

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind in case it does not sell-

I'd love to offer more, But sucked into my BTM.
I'd be legit, I have drop ship dealer contracts with Airsoft companies. would just flip those onto ebay and drop ship what sells.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:17:16 AM

Is this even allowed according to eBay rules? I mean if it is not then there is a chance that eBay would somehow restrict the account if they found out it was sold.

I don't think that even connecting to a local VPN gateway would help because I think they would find using a IP address masking VPN would in itself be suspicious to them
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:24:30 AM

Is this even allowed according to eBay rules? I mean if it is not then there is a chance that eBay would somehow restrict the account if they found out it was sold.

I don't think that even connecting to a local VPN gateway would help because I think they would find using a IP address masking VPN would in itself be suspicious to them
I've signed into my ebay from all over the world. never an issue. so I doubt they look that close.
But I'm sure it's against the TOS...

My issue would be connecting it to MY paypal......... Getting money may be the issue. Honestly
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:33:07 AM

Businesses can be bought and sold in most parts of the world.

antonioserrano72

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Impossible

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:41:37 AM

question: if the account somehow gets revoked/suspended by ebay after x number of days, let's say 30, would you provide a refund?

this is assuming not much has been done with the account yet other than signing on and listing a few items for sale
twentyseventy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 02:22:34 PM

question: if the account somehow gets revoked/suspended by ebay after x number of days, let's say 30, would you provide a refund?

this is assuming not much has been done with the account yet other than signing on and listing a few items for sale

Thought about this for a while this morning. Yes, if the account has only been used in a legitimate manner (no scamming or blatant selling TOS violations) and eBay suspends/revokes access in the first 30 days due simply to the fact that it was sold/transferred, then I will issue a refund. If it is in the first 15 days, then I will issue a full refund. If it is within the 16th-30th days, I will issue a 50% refund. The reason for this split is that I want to limit my liability and be able to spend the BTC after waiting those two weeks; plus I think the real risk, if any, is in the first week or so.

The refund will be for the USD value of the BTC at the time it is transferred to me or to the escrow.
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:50:01 PM

Seller tried.to use "ognazty" as escrow.

A pretty blatant attempt at using a fake escrow.

A mistake? Maybe. But either way, I'm not deal light with this seller.
I retract my bid.

Good luck whom ever tries.
twentyseventy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:51:16 PM

Seller tried.to use "ognazty" as escrow.

A pretty blatant attempt at using a fake escrow.

A mistake? Maybe. But either way, I'm not deal light with this seller.
I retract my bid.

Good luck whom ever tries.

What? I've made no attempt to contact any buyer or yourself via PM. Can you post a screenshot of what you received?
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:57:51 PM

Damn it.
Im sorry, my bad.

I made sure to note.I was talking to a proper escrow and never checked you.

It was a fake account who contacted me for the sale and used a fake escrow.

Very sorry about that!

Please ignore.my above message!
twentyseventy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:05:11 PM

Damn it.
Im sorry, my bad.

I made sure to note.I was talking to a proper escrow and never checked you.

It was a fake account who contacted me for the sale and used a fake escrow.

Very sorry about that!

Please ignore.my above message!

That's what I figured had happened; thanks for confirming-

Note to potential buyers: Please confirm anything you receive via PM here in the thread. When in doubt, check the user profile, it should show 'Hero Member'

Additionally, I'd prefer to do the transaction directly, so I will consider the buyer's escrow first instead of suggesting a random escrow. If I don't find them acceptable, I'd probably use Dabs. In case it wasn't stated above, buyer pays escrow fees.
CanadaBits

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 09:09:00 PM

Twentyseventy just to let you know there is several other places that purchases these accounts and pay decent prices. 9If this auction doesn't pan out)

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:38:49 PM

How difficult was it to get a sales limit of $106k per month?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

twentyseventy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:04:08 PM

Twentyseventy just to let you know there is several other places that purchases these accounts and pay decent prices. 9If this auction doesn't pan out)

Thanks for the heads up-

How difficult was it to get a sales limit of $106k per month?

Have replied via PM; not too easy, it took some calls and complaining to do so-
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:48:14 AM

Your account is high for me, I'd love to get some sort of account as a usa account though Smiley
twentyseventy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:45:47 PM

Your account is high for me, I'd love to get some sort of account as a usa account though Smiley

2BTC sure doesn't cost what it did a few weeks ago though  Wink
twentyseventy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:30:17 PM

Bump for final day-
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: