Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:35:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Relax, it can not go under 250  (Read 2110 times)
williamevanl (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:00:39 AM

They said, man if there's one thing I love more than bitcoin, it's people that couldn't be more wrong about how low this is going to go. I've been watching this forum for over a year and it's just, "It can't go under 800, it can't go under 700, it will never go under 500, 300 isn't even possible, 250? You're retarded!

I'm just amazed with all this and I love bitcoin but even more so I love how ridiculously wrong everyone has been on this forum for so long. Bitcoin might very well not be worth 20$ at this stage. I've been saying this for a long time as a Bitcoin believer but all I get is ridicule. The majority is delusional and time will make that increasingly more obvious.

Wait I can still buy 4 bitcoin for $1,000, oh wait that's still retarded.
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:03:45 AM

it has already gone under 250
williamevanl (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:04:33 AM

it has already gone under 250

Yes I obviously know that, not sure you even read my post. I just saw several people post that in the last week and I just shook my head as I read it... Capitulation is going to take us down into the low double digits and nobody should be surprised by that.
homo homini lupus

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:21:56 AM

Going to fail completely. More decline from here.
Once we are at pre-bubble prices it's going to get really nasty.
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:27:51 AM

Yep, I'm right with you guys here. I should post all my posts warning people at $1000, and constant posts thereafter that it is ridiculous how overvalued it is.

Why it will keep going lower is that China is out of the game. I think China was part of the reason it got so high and with them out of the game it will fall back to under $100. There is nobody who is going to throw money into bitcoins to make a lot of computer geeks rich.

The main reason it is going lower is that bitcoin doesn't offer anything that Fiat, visa, mastercard doesn't offer, at least not anything that makes it worth over $100 or even $250.

Like I have always been saying, where is the money going to come from? Miners? Computer geeks? It will come from nowhere, at least nowhere to sustain these very high prices.

After $300 the capitulation is going to be very bad and we are seeing that now. Should test $200's any day really at this point.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
orpington

Merit: 512

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:31:03 AM

Yep, I'm right with you guys here. I should post all my posts warning people at $1000, and constant posts thereafter that it is ridiculous how overvalued it is.

Why it will keep going lower is that China is out of the game. I think China was part of the reason it got so high and with them out of the game it will fall back to under $100. There is nobody who is going to throw money into bitcoins to make a lot of computer geeks rich.

The main reason it is going lower is that bitcoin doesn't offer anything that Fiat, visa, mastercard doesn't offer, at least not anything that makes it worth over $100 or even $250.

Like I have always been saying, where is the money going to come from? Miners? Computer geeks? It will come from nowhere, at least nowhere to sustain these very high prices.

After $300 the capitulation is going to be very bad and we are seeing that now. Should test $200's any day really at this point.

Some computer geeks have lots of money.

Bitcoin could sink lower - possibly into the negatives...
Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:32:51 AM

ha ha ha, what a smart boy!  Angry

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
orpington

Merit: 512

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:39:23 AM

If it gets to the negatives, then I'd say we're in real trouble for sure. Everybody owing money and all...
ramkumar

Activity: 603

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:00:35 AM

it's down.

Sad

no up's from 2015...
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:55:52 AM

I would suggest that Bitcoin got where it did on the back of 'natural' bullish market sentiment, but also given a huge helping hand by fraudulent trading on MtGox (800'000 BTC of price insensitive buying power can do a lot in a natural bull market phase). Now that neither Gox, Markus, or Willy are with us, we have had a wildly overinflated Bitcoin price, which needs to sink to it's natural non hyped, non manipulated market equilibrium. I hope that Bitcoin doesn't die. I would absolutely fucking love to have one day, an alternative means of conducting commerce that doesn't involve the banking system, but what concerns me is that due to the Bitcoin price becoming so over extended, the mining has gotten way over-extended and I believe that at these prices right about the $200 range, that many miners are at a 'break-even' level. Below this range what do they do? Switch their rigs off and with it goes the heart of the P2P network that keeps Bitcoin's blood pumping?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:02:57 AM

I would suggest that Bitcoin got where it did on the back of 'natural' bullish market sentiment, but also given a huge helping hand by fraudulent trading on MtGox (800'000 BTC of price insensitive buying power can do a lot in a natural bull market phase). Now that neither Gox, Markus, or Willy are with us, we have had a wildly overinflated Bitcoin price, which needs to sink to it's natural non hyped, non manipulated market equilibrium. I hope that Bitcoin doesn't die. I would absolutely fucking love to have one day, an alternative means of conducting commerce that doesn't involve the banking system, but what concerns me is that due to the Bitcoin price becoming so over extended, the mining has gotten way over-extended and I believe that at these prices right about the $200 range, that many miners are at a 'break-even' level. Below this range what do they do? Switch their rigs off and with it goes the heart of the P2P network that keeps Bitcoin's blood pumping?

Matt the price of a bitcoin is unrelated to the cost of mining.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:16:02 AM

how can be unrelated? if the price gets too low, farm and people will stop mining
inca
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:18:39 AM

how can be unrelated? if the price gets too low, farm and people will stop mining

So? Block reward is the same regardless. Block discovery might take a bit longer as the mining difficulty adjusts, but that is it.
BiTJack

Activity: 806

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:18:58 AM

It's passed. Now it's time for you open a new thread that says it can not go under 200 and keep on.  Undecided
MatTheCat

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:19:36 AM

That's what I would have thought, but I "don't understand Bitcoin", apparently.

(bought at $230......will sell at $280....if it bounces that high)

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:23:53 AM

You don't Matt. The block reward will still be 25 bitcoins if I am the only person mining btc on my phone. Other than mining difficulty adjustments slowing the release of coins after a drop in hashing power it is irrelevent how much is spent on mining coins. The price is set by the market. End of.

Surprised you don't understand that to be honest. Welcome back. You said you weren't interested in buying btc only 50 dollars ago Smiley
MatTheCat

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:25:35 AM

You don't Matt. The block reward will still be 25 bitcoins if I am the only person mining btc on my phone. Other than mining difficulty adjustments slowing the release of coins after a drop in hashing power it is irrelevent how much is spent on mining coins. The price is set by the market. End of.

Surprised you don't understand that to be honest. Welcome back. You said you weren't interested in buying btc only 50 dollars ago Smiley

Playing with pennies that I left on Bitstamp for Silk Road purchases......I am currently the proud owner of 1.3 Bitcoins! (edit: ooh...the price is starting to turn back down.......SELLLLLL!!!!!!!)

and if you are the only person mining Bitcoin on your phone, then where does the computational power come from to clear all the transactions?

Sorry, but my common sense tells me that if miners start turning off their rigs, then Bitcoin starts failing.

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:37:02 AM

Super please MtC is back on the train!

N00b sentiment is easy to ignore... experience not so much Smiley

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
alphawow

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:28:35 AM

Price will continue to go down at least to 130$, but you should not sell your bitcoins if they are not your last money.  Bitcoin made many of us rich and we should not forget that when it needs our support. We  must keep our bitcoins and we must continue mining, otherwise bitcoin will totally fail...
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:41:42 AM

It's already at $225 at BTC-e just now
some bitcoin service already stopped their service temporarily like cex.io

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: