Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:44:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It takes as much to get back to $300 as it takes to go to $0  (Read 1030 times)
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:19:28 AM

That's what the order books look like.
Roughly 30k btc needed to drop to $0, also almost that amount required to buy to get back to even $300.
This looks extremely bearish to.

Will we stay here or where do we go NXT?

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:28:38 AM

Roughly 30k btc needed to drop to $0, also almost that amount required to buy to get back to even $300.

I dont know, but I dont think their will be too many early adopters cashing out in double digits. Anyone who bought mid to high triple digits might though.
ramkumar

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:05:56 AM

i bought around $400 - $450 in range and now half of price gone...

lost my hope and will take fiat soon (atleast to save few $$$$ )
homo homini lupus

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:14:26 AM

trend is: down and accelerating
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 08:17:15 AM

$3.6 million away from $1000 on BitStamp

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:19:04 AM

i just made my first big sell-off.. i guess i am the fool for not selling when it hit the all-time high. i don't think it's necessarily dead yet, but it's looking more and more like it. maybe something big will happen in 2015 though.
homo homini lupus

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:19:20 AM

$3.6 million away from $1000 on BitStamp

just GTFO!
happygeorge

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

In da Jungle!

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:23:46 AM

please read this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=800330.0

" That's the kind of speculation I am interested in, the big picture. How the world might (or might not change) the actual price is not so interesting. I just picked a big number to illustrate the potential magnitude of what one possible outcome might result in. It's a top end estimate but well within the realm of possibility.

What is more telling is that if you consider wilth1's "niche market" scenario you need to think about what kind of market cap that works for. if you still use the s curve + fluctuation model and take the ATH of 1230 as your absolute ATH, then the price that btc ultimately settles at cannot really ever be much lower that what we are at now.

Any argument that it is going to crash to zero, or single digits or even double digits just doesn't make any sense when you consider the big picture. all the "crash" posts seem to reason that price will go down because price has been going down. They assume a zero demand scenario, which is way more outlandish than assuming btc will go mainstream. If you have nonzero demand then evey halving if price means your going to see twice the demand. This kind of exponential increase in buying pressure will ultimately halt any sell off of an asset with limited supply.

Sure we could go half off, maybe even half off again, but the lower we go the more resistance there is because for x dollar amount you have to sell more btc. Totally simple, totally obvious to probably everyone reading this, but it is the massive gorilla in the room whenever you read any Bitcoin to the gutter post.

Ah, but Bitcoin to the moon posts are the same but in reverse!

No. Ther is only ~14m bitcoin, selling supply dries up quickly, on upticks there is infinite dollars. Buying supply can theoretically never dry up.

Assuming the pie ends up a serious size. Which is basically all that your long term holders are assuming. It's all about peice of the pie. "
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 08:35:13 AM

i just made my first big sell-off.. i guess i am the fool for not selling when it hit the all-time high. i don't think it's necessarily dead yet, but it's looking more and more like it. maybe something big will happen in 2015 though.

I am buying like crazy...just hope the bank transfers get there in time for these low prices.

Can't wait for friday's paycheck in bitcoins.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:39:10 AM

It wouldn't drop to 0 but what the bottom is .....
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:48:58 AM

Bottom is when people are not selling anymore. But as you can see even in this thread, there are still people who are selling with big loss instead of buying more lower to average buy price. And if they invested in bitcoin in the first place, believing in the technology, they should do this because nothing changed in bitcoin world, its still growing.

homo homini lupus

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:57:41 AM

Bottom is when people are not selling anymore. But as you can see even in this thread, there are still people who are selling with big loss instead of buying more lower to average buy price. And if they invested in bitcoin in the first place, believing in the technology, they should do this because nothing changed in bitcoin world, its still growing.

selling is always going on, even for 1$ because miners keep mining a shit load of coins. And when price goes down so does hashrate and miningcosts. So selling never stops.   
homo homini lupus

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:58:50 AM

I am buying like crazy...just hope the bank transfers get there in time for these low prices.

you're lying to your teeth. You're one of the scammy permabulls that do the opposite of what they say.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 09:17:12 AM

you're lying to your teeth. You're one of the scammy permabulls that do the opposite of what they say.

lol

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:20:53 AM

not really zero is a much tough achievement to have

more like 300 vs 100
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:30:26 AM

You might be taken more seriously if you didn't constantly shill for failed alt coins.

Yesterday the orderbooks looked extremely bullish prior to the cascading price drop. Your point is, well, pointless.

abs350

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 09:41:40 AM

lol

Nope. He really is an idiot!!!

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:23:47 AM

please read this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=800330.0

" That's the kind of speculation I am interested in, the big picture. How the world might (or might not change) the actual price is not so interesting. I just picked a big number to illustrate the potential magnitude of what one possible outcome might result in. It's a top end estimate but well within the realm of possibility.

What is more telling is that if you consider wilth1's "niche market" scenario you need to think about what kind of market cap that works for. if you still use the s curve + fluctuation model and take the ATH of 1230 as your absolute ATH, then the price that btc ultimately settles at cannot really ever be much lower that what we are at now.

Any argument that it is going to crash to zero, or single digits or even double digits just doesn't make any sense when you consider the big picture. all the "crash" posts seem to reason that price will go down because price has been going down. They assume a zero demand scenario, which is way more outlandish than assuming btc will go mainstream. If you have nonzero demand then evey halving if price means your going to see twice the demand. This kind of exponential increase in buying pressure will ultimately halt any sell off of an asset with limited supply.

Sure we could go half off, maybe even half off again, but the lower we go the more resistance there is because for x dollar amount you have to sell more btc. Totally simple, totally obvious to probably everyone reading this, but it is the massive gorilla in the room whenever you read any Bitcoin to the gutter post.

Ah, but Bitcoin to the moon posts are the same but in reverse!

No. Ther is only ~14m bitcoin, selling supply dries up quickly, on upticks there is infinite dollars. Buying supply can theoretically never dry up.

Assuming the pie ends up a serious size. Which is basically all that your long term holders are assuming. It's all about peice of the pie. "

Pfft. That guy sounds crazy! It's obviously going to zero⸮

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: