Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I am all out, for good this time  (Read 3025 times)
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:11:33 AM

if I need to buy a plane ticket using bitcoin, I can get the coins instantly on coinbase, and pay

more importantly why wouldn't I use my amex platinum to buy the ticket, which gives me points, protection in case the airline screws me, plus all sorts of baggage and flight delay protection?

The Platinum card, which costs $150 per year in fees. If you spend $8k per year you'll get a free plane ticket in 3 years. That only costs $450. And if you screw up (like the average household with over $2k in credit card balance) you are hit with 18% in fees.

I'm done with playing that game. Give me real money and no banks/credit cards.

I agree- debt can be bad. But in my experience most of the public prefer peaceful slavery to dangerous freedom. That goes for the dumbos chained to credit card debt too. Even if we went to sounder money- there will always be fools and people willing to risk providing services to them.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:13:51 AM

k bai
tnx for the cheap coins.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:26:11 AM

I will just step in to post that the price of bitcoins when OP got out is hovering around $230.

Wink

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
jasonjm (OP)

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 03:32:25 PM

op got out at exactly 248, and liquidity is so poor my little sell moved bitcoin to 246

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:37:21 PM

if I need to buy a plane ticket using bitcoin, I can get the coins instantly on coinbase, and pay

more importantly why wouldn't I use my amex platinum to buy the ticket, which gives me points, protection in case the airline screws me, plus all sorts of baggage and flight delay protection?

The Platinum card, which costs $150 per year in fees. If you spend $8k per year you'll get a free plane ticket in 3 years. That only costs $450. And if you screw up (like the average household with over $2k in credit card balance) you are hit with 18% in fees.

The Amex Platinum is $450 a year. But you get a lot more than points. Well worth it in my opinion for the benefits. But you wont get an Amex platinum spending $8000 a year. I wasn't offered it until I consistently hit $10,000 a month in spending.  I can get 2 Round Trip Air France First Class Tickets on the A380 from Nyc to Paris for 500,000 points. Those tickets would cost $45,000 in cash.

That said, Ill fork up the points and take my girl on a trip first class. But 45k in cash? No thanks.

Strato
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 03:40:59 PM

The Amex Platinum is $450 a year. But you get a lot more than points. Well worth it in my opinion for the benefits. But you wont get an Amex platinum spending $8000 a year. I wasn't offered it until I consistently hit $10,000 a month in spending.

Strato

Your Amex Platinum must be different than mine then. I've had it for over almost 2 decades so maybe I was grandfathered in at a better rate. I still plan on dropping it though.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:43:08 PM

I fail to see how the dollar is different. If that's what you're going for.

It can fluctuates 10-20% yearly with a steady 5% inflationary rate each year.
Furthermore, if the top 1% decides to cash, everybody with USD will be done for. Because there is no paper left. And the electronic USD numbers are backed by it, believe it or not. Not a very stable and liquid currency if one family (Rothschilds) can't get their wealth out in said currency without the whole world going into panic mode.

Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:43:39 PM

The Amex Platinum is $450 a year. But you get a lot more than points. Well worth it in my opinion for the benefits. But you wont get an Amex platinum spending $8000 a year. I wasn't offered it until I consistently hit $10,000 a month in spending.

Strato

Your Amex Platinum must be different than mine then. I've had it for over almost 2 decades so maybe I was grandfathered in at a better rate. I still plan on dropping it though.

Possible. I got my platinum about 5 years ago. They lock your rates.

I was given a "Charter" Amex Plum Card - only 2500 Charter Cards were issued. 2% Cash Back on all purchases. Forever.

That said I still put most of my big purchases on the Platinum.

Strato
jasonjm (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 03:47:14 PM

amex platinum is best card, and I get my $450 fee a year waved (spend a lot).

I bought 3 international tickets on  mexicana, and they went bankrupt 6 months later but before I took my flight.

Amex refunded me every cent of those 3 tickets, no questions asked.

when i tried getting into mining, when I was new to bitcoin, and butterfly labs and paypal screwed me out of the $30 000 order I had placed, amex refunded me the cash, no questions asked.

100 000 points is usually an international business air ticket on most airlines during their non peak miles times, so even at 8000 points a month, thats 1 ticket per year, value anywhere from $3000 to $5000 depending on the route.

so depending on smart you are, you are actually earning 3 to 5% back on all spending.

plus you do have the option of paying your bill on time with no fees.

so again, why exactly would I use bitcoin to buy anything legal, just one compelling reason, please.....

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
jasonjm (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 03:49:27 PM

Furthermore, if the top 1% decides to cash, everybody with USD will be done for. Because there is no paper left. And the electronic USD numbers are backed by it, believe it or not. Not a very stable and liquid currency if one family (Rothschilds) can't get their wealth out in said currency without the whole world going into panic mode.

because if you are looking for a trustworthy alternative store of value that has a proven track record, with much less risk, its not bitcoin, its gold and platinum in my opinion.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:52:55 PM

amex platinum is best card, and I get my $450 fee a year waved (spend a lot).

I bought 3 international tickets on  mexicana, and they went bankrupt 6 months later but before I took my flight.

Amex refunded me every cent of those 3 tickets, no questions asked.

100 000 points is usually an international business air ticket on most airlines during their non peak miles times, so even at 8000 points a month, thats 1 ticket per year, value anywhere from $3000 to $5000 depending on the route.

so depending on smart you are, you are actually earning 3 to 5% back on all spending.

plus you do have the option of paying your bill on time with no fees.

so again, why exactly would I use bitcoin to buy anything legal, just one compelling reason, please.....

Ive never asked to have the fee comped. Im sure they would if I asked based on my spending patterns. The points are just one benefit. I cant even spend the points I have. Not enough time to travel that often. 

Lounge access, concierge, $10,000 per item 90 day loss/break insurance, $200 baggage fee credits, total purchase protection, dedicated account rep, no wait time to talk, its the card I use 90% of the time.

Strato
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:53:38 PM

because if you are looking for a trustworthy alternative store of value that has a proven track record, with much less risk, its not bitcoin, its gold and platinum in my opinion.

Silver is looking like a good bet right now.
jasonjm (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 03:55:42 PM

problem with silver is storage, its too damn big.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:56:54 PM

Btc is limited in edition. Op capitulated by selling at an all time low since Nov 2013!

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:57:31 PM

A good crash back to low double digits will shake a lot of speculators out.

It was fun 2 years ago, maybe we get to repeat that whole process again.

This is exactly what I am thinking.

Still way WAY to many bulls on this forum.
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:00:22 PM

If youre holding the actual coins yes. I have 2 monster boxes of eagles. 70 Lbs.

But trading futures,,,

Strato
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:06:54 PM

true but it will likely make a bigger move too .
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:08:01 PM

Btc is limited in edition. Op capitulated by selling at an all time low since Nov 2013!

buy high sell low.
jasonjm (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 04:11:51 PM

That isn't a reason,  it's just an observation.

Maybe bitcoin does go to 10 000, I don't know.  But I am not comfortable holding bitcoin,  the scammers and dirt bags in the bitcoin ecosystem are no good. I got no issues saying I sold and sold at a loss this time around.

Turns out the entire price action of bitcoin might have been a scam since day one (Mtgox bots).

Only reason anyone here holds bitcoin now is dreams of riches.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 07:45:32 PM

If you ever....ever...buy anything on Amazon, whether you like Bitcoin or not, getting 20-30% off on Amazon purchases through Purse is quite nice.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: