Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:45:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium getting its own sub-forum any time soon?  (Read 3567 times)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 09:57:33 PM

IMHO from what I see on new posts in the respective sections Mycelium might be popular, but there are next to no threads. If any "wallet" would need a dedicated subboard right now its blockchain.info. There are daily threads for that service in tech support and/or dev & tech discussion and probably many more in the service discussion section which I dont follow. An empty subboard is not helping anyone and judging by the threads created there is no demand.

Please dont take this as an invitation to start needless threads just to get the subboard.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DLCseller

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

( -_・)ノ-=≡[$(∞)$]

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:53:19 AM

VOTE FOR MYCELIUM!
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 06:59:02 AM

I agree. I have been using Mycelium since I came back to this forums in November last year. It is a good and secure android-based wallet. Sometime, I have question and I asked in the official thread. Due to having only one place for discussion, some people know the answer but they forget to reply to my question. It's also very hard to locate my posts and see who replied to my posts.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 09:37:50 AM

I agree. I have been using Mycelium since I came back to this forums in November last year. It is a good and secure android-based wallet. Sometime, I have question and I asked in the official thread. Due to having only one place for discussion, some people know the answer but they forget to reply to my question. It's also very hard to locate my posts and see who replied to my posts.

I don't think Mycelium has enough users when compared to Blockchain.info. IMHO:

IMHO from what I see on new posts in the respective sections Mycelium might be popular, but there are next to no threads. If any "wallet" would need a dedicated subboard right now its blockchain.info. There are daily threads for that service in tech support and/or dev & tech discussion and probably many more in the service discussion section which I dont follow.

-MZ

Michail1
Legendary

Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 03:33:50 PM

Isn't that like saying the World only needs one search Engine since most people use Google?
Or, ummm, we only need Internet explorer since it was the first and most people use it?

As for me, I am happy that Firefox and Chrome came out even though IE was first.
As for me, I am very happy that Comcast cable came out.  With your logic, I would still be stuck on AOL and dialup.

Yes, blockchain.info is nice, but it's still a webwallet.  MyCelium is iOS and Android.  I don't have to worry about my computer being hacked with a keylogger to use Mycelium.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:03:02 PM

I think products should not get individual sub-forum. Then it would be difficult to judge who to get one and who not to. Sub-forum should be dedicated on service category only.
I second this. I do not think that any program at this point is big enough to have its own subforum. There should be Bitcoin Wallets subforum or something like that tho.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 04:19:57 PM

Isn't that like saying the World only needs one search Engine since most people use Google?

No

Or, ummm, we only need Internet explorer since it was the first and most people use it?

No

As for me, I am happy that Firefox and Chrome came out even though IE was first.
As for me, I am very happy that Comcast cable came out.  With your logic, I would still be stuck on AOL and dialup.

No

Yes, blockchain.info is nice, but it's still a webwallet.  MyCelium is iOS and Android.  I don't have to worry about my computer being hacked with a keylogger to use Mycelium.

The argument is not whether Mycelium is useful and great wallet, it is. The argument is that for this useful and great wallet there are no people posting about it here.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 06:21:45 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 06:38:35 PM by Muhammed Zakir

The argument is that for this useful and great wallet there are no people posting about it here.

Where is "here"? Mycelium has the most individual threads of any wallet on the first page of the generic Alternative Clients sub-forum, one of them being a massive thread with 1257 replies and 103339 views. It easily has more posts than one of the already existing Alternative Client sub-forums and matches another almost exactly.

So are you showing a point that PD should get a new sub-forum? IIRC I have seen this post earlier by you.

Can you show me a few posts in Beginners and Help or in other boards about Mycelium? I can show you, maybe x5-x10, threads about Blockchain.info wallet. Blockchain.info has the highest number of threads regarding doubts and maybe highest number of threads of unsolved doubts. Don't act like you don't know about it just to get a sub-forum with very less activity.

P.S. Forgot to mention, Blockchain.info threads are being moved to Service Discussion and if it was moved to Alternative Clients instead. You know what will happen.

-MZ

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 08:18:04 PM

The argument is that for this useful and great wallet there are no people posting about it here.

Where is "here"? Mycelium has the most individual threads of any wallet on the first page of the generic Alternative Clients sub-forum, one of them being a massive thread with 1257 replies and 103339 views. It easily has more posts than one of the already existing Alternative Client sub-forums and matches another almost exactly.

You are right, sorry. I was looking in tech support and mainly my memory of new theads. If bitcoinj has a subboard so should Mycelium.

-snip-
Can you show me a few posts in Beginners and Help or in other boards about Mycelium?
-snip-

bc.i probably still has more, but this is from page one of alt clients (the current correct section):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293472.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=965932.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=957406.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=839479.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=951976.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=951576.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=947533.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909238.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=814907.0

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:05:18 AM

The server part of it is apparently not open source, so I probably won't create a section for it.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: