Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:11:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think you were scammed by GAW? Tell Ars Technica  (Read 14494 times)
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 04:52:18 PM

There is no argument here - just reality.

If you can't see it - this might be a reason the world disagrees with you  Wink
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:26:14 AM

Viz.

I remember that episode. The universe created with the mind of Beverly Crusher kept shrinking as her reality disintegrated. Much like the bubble universe on Bitcoin talk. Small world, gets smaller every day. The outer shell can only hold the vacuum so long from outside pressure. I'd suggest opening the hatch, but just a tiny bit to let the atmosphere enter slowly so you don't cause an atmospheric disturbance large enough to affect the weather patterns in Idaho.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:23:08 AM

Viz.

I remember that episode. The universe created with the mind of Beverly Crusher kept shrinking as her reality disintegrated. Much like the bubble universe on Bitcoin talk. Small world, gets smaller every day. The outer shell can only hold the vacuum so long from outside pressure. I'd suggest opening the hatch, but just a tiny bit to let the atmosphere enter slowly so you don't cause an atmospheric disturbance large enough to affect the weather patterns in Idaho.

I did and a stench permeated my lungs and burned my eyes. The stench of lies and deceit was GAWD awful.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:08:48 AM

Viz.

I did and a stench permeated my lungs and burned my eyes. The stench of lies and deceit was GAWD awful.

No silly billy, I didn't say you should fart. Now you'll need to open that hatch or you'll die in your own methane.

Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:27:27 AM

Viz.

No silly billy, I didn't say you should fart. Now you'll need to open that hatch or you'll die in your own methane.

Hahaha  Smiley

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:35:03 PM

YO !

Wake up!

You should be asking this question right about now if you plan on winning that Pulitzer Prize   Cheesy

https://hashtalk.org/topic/30841/how-much-money-have-you-lost-here/5

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:37:04 PM

bumping now that the truth has been revealed Smiley
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:33:23 PM

GAW is a scum organization run by scumbags preying on the greedy and gullible. He will be going to jail but the law takes time to do its thing.

To the Gawtards - everybody pray to the Man.

Well that makes you look both intelligent and well intentioned.

Or I'm being sarcastic. I'll let you decide with your powerful and well read intellect.

Like I said...scum..

SEC is a coming. Just like I predicted. Not just after the Dear Leader but after his underlinings and including forum Mods. They are scrubbing at a fever pitch now but it is too late.

Intellect...you decide:

https://coinfire.cf/2015/01/19/sec-investigation-of-gaw-miners-underway/

Oh yeah baby, I feel the hate. How's your blood pressure? Wink Hateraid more Mr. "...scum.." Hahahahaha!

Blood pressure is fine. I do not hate this guy. Not worth the energy. That does not change the fact that the scumminess oozes from him and his legion of Gawtards.

At the very least, I hope the trial makes known a complete list of shills and insider moderators, etc. , who were helping the operation along and making it as fucking creepy as it was. The air really was full on Cult .

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 12:52:47 AM

XPOST:

If Cyrus could stop reporting opinion as fact, that would be great.

Cyrus is vastly overrated as a Bitcoin journalist, to put it mildly.  How nice that he gets paid to defame peoples' demonstrated best efforts as "incompetent" and "criminal."

The implosion of GAW Miners marks yet another example of incompetence and possible criminal behavior associated with companies selling Bitcoin mining hardware. Previously, CoinTerra, Butterfly Labs, and HashFast also faced similar legal battles.

This lazy comparison of GAW to Cointerra and Hashfast is factually flawed and a violation of journalistic ethics.

In the case of Hashfast, the bankruptcy court make no finding of "incompetence" and indeed endorsed the opposite conclusion by allowing the company to continue operating under Chapter 11 rehabilitation, rather than be placed immediately into Chapter 7 liquidation.

Cyrus needs to get his head out of his smug, posturing ass and learn the basics of the topic before drawing and publicizing flawed, libelous conclusions.

It's not that hard, and Ars Technica's fact checkers should have caught his amateur errors.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 01:16:33 AM

XPOST:

If Cyrus could stop reporting opinion as fact, that would be great.

Cyrus is vastly overrated as a Bitcoin journalist, to put it mildly.  How nice that he gets paid to defame peoples' demonstrated best efforts as "incompetent" and "criminal."

The implosion of GAW Miners marks yet another example of incompetence and possible criminal behavior associated with companies selling Bitcoin mining hardware. Previously, CoinTerra, Butterfly Labs, and HashFast also faced similar legal battles.

This lazy comparison of GAW to Cointerra and Hashfast is factually flawed and a violation of journalistic ethics.

In the case of Hashfast, the bankruptcy court make no finding of "incompetence" and indeed endorsed the opposite conclusion by allowing the company to continue operating under Chapter 11 rehabilitation, rather than be placed immediately into Chapter 7 liquidation.

Cyrus needs to get his head out of his smug, posturing ass and learn the basics of the topic before drawing and publicizing flawed, libelous conclusions.

It's not that hard, and Ars Technica's fact checkers should have caught his amateur errors.

P.S.  An SEC lawsuit demanding a trial by jury for running a Ponzi Scheme is not a "similar legal battle" to a bankruptcy.

No government agency sought to impose penalties on Hashfast or Cointerra for fraud or any other violation.

Cyrus, you desperately need a better editor and fact checker.

At this rate, you'll end up like Stephen Glass.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████