Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:46:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am glad the price is down - I wish it would go down further.  (Read 840 times)
TKeenan (OP)

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:13:08 PM

The out of control euphoria made stupid people and scammers come into the bitcoin community.  Now that the price is down, maybe they will leave.  Making money on the price increase is dumb luck and speculation.  If you want to make money on bitcoin, invest in companies who are building stuff with bitcoin.  The stock of those companies will pay handsomely no matter the price.

The functionality of bitcoin doesn't change - whatever the price is.  Let's say a payment processor gets 1% of a transaction.  Someone buys a $100 bottle of wine with bitcoin.  The payment processor gets a $1.  If the price of bitcoin is $10,000/BTC or if it is .00001/BTC.  Either way, the payment processor gets a buck.  The only idiots who want the price to go up are the guys who didn't build something nice which works with bitcoin and are hoping to profit from pure speculation.  I am glad they are all losing.  The only people who deserve to be rewarded are the guys building Circle, Blockchain, Factom, et cetera.  Go invest in a company busy making nice stuff.  Let the speculators go down. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 09:29:23 PM

Totally agree.  I've been saying it for a while.  All high prices did was suck in the greedy and those willing to take advantage of greed.

If, as OP suggests, you want to earn money from bitcoin, go and do something of value, build a service people want or go and work for it.  Expecting to get rich off of pure speculation is...well, it's not very smart.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:29:58 PM

Scammers were around when Bitcoin was $5. What makes you think they'd leave just because it's at $200?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
DXB

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:42:56 PM

I don't feel bad for wanting my principal to be more and more valuable. I am putting my hard earned money into BTC and other crypto. I don't have the skill to develop anything, nor the capital to start anything that would bring value to BTC.

I am taking a risk and I want to be rewarded for it. I don't know why you're so salty about it. There are tons of scammers and lowlives, true. But there's also people like me who would rather invest their hard earned money in BTC and not with banks or consultants.

It's not up to you or anyone to tell people what they can and can't invest in and expect earnings from.

I will never leave BTC. I actually made my biggest oder to date today. I'm in it for the long-run. All of you will look silly and sound so ignorant when BTC rebounds. What BTC has accomplished so far is incredible, this is just a hurdle Smiley.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:46:48 PM

People are free to invest their money in whatever way they want. Directly in Bitcoin or solely startups. That's none of your business, it's their money.

Scammers are everywhere, they don't care about Bitcoin being $20 or $2000. All they want is to run with your money.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:02:09 PM

actually, speculators are holding fiat waiting to pounce back again.  and who do you think was responsible for bitcoin to rise even above 10 bucks? ...  or a buck even.  

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:10:21 PM

As long as bitcoin holds any fiat value whatsoever it will attract scammers rest assured.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
arvindr

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:50:10 PM

The out of control euphoria made stupid people and scammers come into the bitcoin community.  Now that the price is down, maybe they will leave.  Making money on the price increase is dumb luck and speculation.  If you want to make money on bitcoin, invest in companies who are building stuff with bitcoin.  The stock of those companies will pay handsomely no matter the price.

The functionality of bitcoin doesn't change - whatever the price is.  Let's say a payment processor gets 1% of a transaction.  Someone buys a $100 bottle of wine with bitcoin.  The payment processor gets a $1.  If the price of bitcoin is $10,000/BTC or if it is .00001/BTC.  Either way, the payment processor gets a buck.  The only idiots who want the price to go up are the guys who didn't build something nice which works with bitcoin and are hoping to profit from pure speculation.  I am glad they are all losing.  The only people who deserve to be rewarded are the guys building Circle, Blockchain, Factom, et cetera.  Go invest in a company busy making nice stuff.  Let the speculators go down. 

The only thing that the price swing has done is get more people to try it out. A lot of people just got in due to the price increasing.

GonnaGrinditout

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:11:44 PM

Investing in a bitcoin startup is like buying a lottery ticket.

≛≛≛BTC  HUGE 7 BTC WELCOME BONUS  BTC≛≛≛
☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞ Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞
koberstein

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:17:32 PM

If you want to make money on bitcoin, invest in companies who are building stuff with bitcoin.  The stock of those companies will pay handsomely no matter the price.

What companies are building stuff with bitcoin and publicly traded?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:27:10 PM

well ... down, down ... it's low but not very compare to november 2013  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: