Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:02:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road is Back  (Read 3613 times)
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 09:39:58 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2015, 03:38:01 AM by bitkilo

So Silk Road is back online and claims more secure than it's TOR site.
http://bitcoinist.net/silk-road-reloaded-claims-more-secure-tor/
Could this be the start of another bull run for bitcoin or will another crypto coin take over as the new coin of choice for the new silk road?

slacknation

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:25:41 AM

hope it is, police are on his heels
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:26:38 AM

I mean, this would certainly add more popularity back into the bitcoin market but I still don't condone this activity.

flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:27:24 AM

I'm sure more blackhat/ illegal activities will do wonders for public perception and send prices to DA MOON.
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 03:43:20 AM

I don't think public perception will really matter very much, everybody's heard it all before.
Whenever you mention bitcoin to someone that's not into it they always say something like "isn't that the money used to buy drugs with" even when Silk Road went down both times people were still saying this because they didn't know it went down.
I admit this is not good when people say that but it will go away in time when everybody learns the full use of BTC.

flipstyle

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:44:54 AM

I don't think public perception will really matter very much, everybody's heard it all before.
Whenever you mention bitcoin to someone that's not into it they always say something like "isn't that the money used to buy drugs with" even when Silk Road went down both times people were still saying this because they didn't know it went down.
I admit this is not good when people say that but it will go away in time when everybody learns the full use of BTC.

Public perception doesn't matter in an open market? lol what.

Dude. I don't even know where to begin.

bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 03:49:59 AM

I just don't think it matters much because everybody's heard it all before, hundreds of times.

flipstyle

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:52:38 AM

I just don't think it matters much everybody's heard it all before

Just because they've heard it all before, doesn't mean that more constant negative press won't continue to hurt it.

Newsflash: bitcoin price has been crashing consistently over the past half year, with no immediate end in sight.  Want to know one of the biggest motivators of the crash is? Negative press.  Scams, scams, and more scams. 

If you're fine with the price continually crashing with more bad news, then I guess silk road would be something you'd want to root on.

And actually thinking that this new version is somehow more secure and won't eventually be taken down by the government is laughable.  Just ask Kim Dot Com how that 'untouchable' mentality works out.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:35:51 AM

i really doubt bitcoin could revitalize a bull-run. it's not big enough, and if your cryptocurrency needs illegal sales of drugs to not crash, then there's a big problem.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:40:16 AM

Well its 1:1 Now
SR crash price rises SR 2 Rises price stalls then has a downtrend
SR3 will be sideways perhaps haha hope it increases the price
With I2P Two choices
Take the risk now and assume that the government has not broken the cryptography and or found a loophole
OR
Take the risk later and watch if the people who took the risk now get caught + additional time might allow for more loopholes to work
Kind of a tricky choice

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:41:04 AM

I mean, this would certainly add more popularity back into the bitcoin market but I still don't condone this activity.

Money does not care or dictate any tx. Thats what makes money.... money.

This is the KEY why bitcoin isnt JUST a payment network.
therealjonnyd

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:04:05 AM

These markets are one of the main reasons that bitcoin hasn't failed.
SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:19:46 AM

SR will be the medic to bitcoin.

BaselessBitcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:03:38 AM

I disagree, Silk Road needs BTC, but BTC does not need Silk Road.
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 11:07:05 AM

i2p is pretty good as far as I've read about it. But for me "Java" and "secure" don't go into the same sentence...
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 11:13:01 AM

I disagree, Silk Road needs BTC, but BTC does not need Silk Road.
Maybe it doesn't need BTC, the artical said the new silkroad reloaded is open to other crypto currency, could be darkcoin or,
BC or LTC or PPC or NXT, who knows after today.

BaselessBitcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:17:56 AM

I see. I personally wouldn't mind if Silk Road took a dirt nap. I'd rather have Wall Street on board with us.
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 11:25:57 AM

Who wouldn't rather have wall street on board than Silk Road but in the middle of this crash beggers can't be choosy.
I think we'll take what we can get.

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 11:30:30 AM

Not that I condone black market activities, but are we so desperate that the only way to move forward in bitcoin is to rely on silkroad. There are far better more legitimate means to start off.

JJB

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:45:48 AM

Does it really matter? Silk Road is just a name. This likely wont be the last one, either.

Not that I condone black market activities, but are we so desperate that the only way to move forward in bitcoin is to rely on silkroad. There are far better more legitimate means to start off.

Bitcoin doesn't just rely on black market activities, but this is certainly one of its uses. Personally I think people should be allowed to buy drugs if they want to.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: