Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:05:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help With keeping my terminal closed but still running  (Read 298 times)
ChineseSavior (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:33:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out the easiest way to keep a windows 8.1 laptop (or any laptop if therer is an easy way) running while the lid is shut.

I know 8.1 has a "do nothing" feature while the lid is closed. While this still allows you to dial in remotely you are not able to do anything on the computer as far as opening programs etc goes.

Thanks for any help this has been kinda tough to figure out.
^.^

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:35:58 AM

it shouldbe something similar to windows 7 so try having a look in control panel for the power options. it should have an option where you choose what happens when the lid closes
ChineseSavior (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:03:03 AM

it shouldbe something similar to windows 7 so try having a look in control panel for the power options. it should have an option where you choose what happens when the lid closes

thats what im saying. The only options are go to sleep, shutdown, and do nothing. But do nothing literally means do nothing. I can login but I can even open a program.

So there has to be a different way I just dont know how please someone help ive been digging and digging and gotten nowhere I know someone here has to know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: