Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:14:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's always sharp dips  (Read 1385 times)
cafucafucafu (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:05:53 PM

Am I mistaken in thinking that the price isn't going down gradually but it goes down in large dips? It's as if big whales are dumping again and again.

derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:34:50 AM

Just waves of panic. Just like the euphoria of the past.
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:43:46 AM

Exactly. Some would call it.... reversion to the mean. Bitcoin is very trendy (as in, it trends strongly).... and it is in one hell of a down trend. Still not sure if it's done even after that big selloff to $150s.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 11:47:40 AM

It's like a coordinated attack when the whales work in cohesion. The main thing is to make the dip become quick so that it will not enough time for people to buy and recover the price and this will trigger the stop losses. And yeah, it's a sharp dip alright in a matter of minutes.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:13:43 PM

At this point most of the panic is gone. Which is a good thing.

Whales are trying to trigger panic sellers by dumping +2K BTC in one go, but again it's recovering quickly and stays above $200.

Bitcoin is sold down way too much. It won't stay like this for long.

If you review the markets thoroughly then it's almost certain that some big players are accumulating.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:55:08 PM

Whales are trying to trigger panic sellers by dumping +2K BTC in one go, but again it's recovering quickly and stays above $200.

If you review the markets thoroughly then it's almost certain that some big players are accumulating.

Just wait until later today. It will be mayhem in a few hours from now.
I put quite a few short options, should cover me for the rest of the year.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
arvindr

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:56:53 PM

Am I mistaken in thinking that the price isn't going down gradually but it goes down in large dips? It's as if big whales are dumping again and again.
Its probably because, once the price goes down, then most of the buy orders are filled.
I don't think a lot of new buy orders come in to replace those, by the time another dump happens ,
which gets lesser resistance the second time.

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:06:13 PM

Just wait until later today. It will be mayhem in a few hours from now.
I put quite a few short options, should cover me for the rest of the year.

Ha!
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:26:51 PM

Exactly. Some would call it.... reversion to the mean. Bitcoin is very trendy (as in, it trends strongly)...

Nah, trendy as in

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 07:54:55 PM

That's normal for highly speculative, thinly traded investments. Noise generates a move, and then momentum investors pick it up and follow the trend. Look at some pink sheet stock charts. When they move, it looks like that.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:53:47 PM

Exactly. Some would call it.... reversion to the mean. Bitcoin is very trendy (as in, it trends strongly)...

Nah, trendy as in

Hot topic... Where trends go to die Cheesy

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:56:53 PM

another stable price then another dump, this will be the third already

350, 280 and 210
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:13:27 PM

That is because of the psychology of markets. Markets move down at a faster rate than they do, up. I'm not talking about longer term trends or bubbles. As the price rises, it hits peoples' sell point. To make the most profit you not only have to be early, but get rid of as much as possible as close to the top as possible. So dumps happen. It quickly turns into a race for the exits and this cascading effect is seen as "panic". Then it slows and the price is allowed to rise again until it reaches someone's selling point, but this point isn't as high as it was the first time because they think "everyone else is going to sell at X. So if I sell at X-1, I still get a good price but I get out before the next big rush". This is where front running comes into play. Then the lower highs create extra worry and more dumps begin to push the price down further. This cycle happens over and over until there are no remaining sellers. This is what we are witnessing right now. Currently (20:07 16-1-2015), we are in one of the retrace periods, and with lessening sellers, there won't be too many of these left and we will hit the bottom. The point where buyers finally enter with enough strength to overcome the relentless selling and begin to push back.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: