Bitcoin Forum
September 05, 2024, 06:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction time is too slow!!!  (Read 1026 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:19:51 PM

I deposited my money at the ATM on Saturday, my funds were finally available today, started my SEPA transaction today...it will be 2-3 days before my funds reach the exchange where I can buy at such low prices!  Argh!!! 

Who would invest in such a lame system with such slow transaction times?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
PhilipMorris

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:22:49 PM

Yes well atleast you know for sure your Euro's are still worth the same when you're spending them, unlike with BTC... I love to use Bitcoin, but how can I use it if My stash just keeps decreasing and decreasing? Im not gonna buy Bitcoins every time I need them, then I could have paid with my bank account just as easy.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:24:42 PM

banks generate high profit ... in fact, they create the money and pay no tax on it (QE).

Grin human are dumb.
bitcoin is smart.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:27:29 PM

banks generate high profit ... in fact, they create the money and pay no tax on it (QE).

Grin human are dumb.
bitcoin is smart.

Thumbs up!
Braedo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

BtcMarkets - Australian Bitcoin Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:27:56 PM

Looks as though you need a new method. I can go to the bank and have funds in my exchange account in less than an hour.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
██████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ██████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:38:52 PM

Yes well atleast you know for sure your Euro's are still worth the same when you're spending them, unlike with BTC... I love to use Bitcoin, but how can I use it if My stash just keeps decreasing and decreasing? Im not gonna buy Bitcoins every time I need them, then I could have paid with my bank account just as easy.

I disagree.

For nearly the entire year of 2013 I found that my Euros were worth less and less bitcoins over time.  The value of my Euros against my bitcoins just kept decreasing and decreasing.

I'm not going to buy Euros every time I need them, then I could have just paid with my bitcoins just as easy.
doubleredrolex

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

I Believe

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:44:34 AM

Transaction time is horrible.. been waiting 30 min now and still not one confirmation yet. Brutal. And thats with generous fees attached. Darkcoin takes about 1 second to confirm and with the new InstantX it will do 6 confirmations in about 10 seconds. Thats cool tech. Bitcoin needs to fix this. Might have to adopt instantX when it becomes open source.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:33:11 AM

Yeah, I've been trying to herd some fiat towards market, it's like an old time cattle drive. I even called the bottom to my buddies, right to the half hour window and within a dollar, several hours in advance... I only get as right as that when I can't get anything in play  Roll Eyes

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1005

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 11:41:22 AM

I deposited my money at the ATM on Saturday, my funds were finally available today, started my SEPA transaction today...it will be 2-3 days before my funds reach the exchange where I can buy at such low prices!  Argh!!! 

Exactly! And there are poeple complaining Bitcoin average transaction times of 10 minutes is slow!  Cheesy
Modern global banking is so much slower, which is wrong because they know about the transfer within 24hours but takes 2-3 days to clear it.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:53:03 AM

Exactly! And there are poeple complaining Bitcoin average transaction times of 10 minutes is slow!  Cheesy
Modern global banking is so much slower, which is wrong because they know about the transfer within 24hours but takes 2-3 days to clear it.
More like, within milliseconds.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 12:48:10 PM

I think he's talking about Bitcoins (or purchasing them at least).

Did you buy & hold your bitcoins as an investment? or did you buy & actually use them?

redhawk979

Activity: 271

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:28:55 PM

Think I'd rather deal with a 2-3 day wait than deal with 1/3 of my Bitcoin paycheck suddenly losing value.
thriftshopping

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:57:54 PM

I disagree.

For nearly the entire year of 2013 I found that my Euros were worth less and less bitcoins over time.  The value of my Euros against my bitcoins just kept decreasing and decreasing.

I'm not going to buy Euros every time I need them, then I could have just paid with my bitcoins just as easy.
Unfortunately the opposite is true so far this year and for most of 2014 (as well as a few short periods in 2013).

His point is correct. The price of the Euro is stable (as in does not go neither up nor down very much in any given period of time), and your counterpoint is that the price of bitcoin was increasing at a rapid pace (which would not be considered to be stable).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: