Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Litecoin] Reaper miner; possible bug. All information provided.  (Read 7387 times)
MGWS (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 03:40:12 PM

Hi all,
As you can see, I'm new here. New (well, I visit sometimes) on the forums, but not new on the Litecoin or Bitcoin area.

I cannot seem to connect to any pool with the new Reaper GPU miner, which I want to use for Litecoin mining.
Specifications: nVidia GeForce G 210 with both CUDA (16 cores) and OpenCL. Used to mine for Bitcoin.
Screenshot (Added CPU miner for reference, because that one is working perfect with the same settings):

https://i.imgur.com/YSvYf.png

I also tried it with Litecoinpool.org, but this one submits nothing, while it looks like it's mining.
I wasted more than 5 hours on it testing if it submitted shares.
But with Squidpool, it even gives a 401 while I filled in the config file (as you can see in the screenshot)!

Any help is very appreciated, maybe even 20 Litecoins for the working answer.

-M. Groenendijk
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blank

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 12:51:20 PM

To me it looks like all your settings are correct and should work.
I am not familiar with mining on Nvidia Cards but you could check:

do you have a recent version of the nvida drivers/CUDA driver(not sure if this even exists)?

the settings in the reaper config might be for AMD cards so you may have to change those, reducing the aggression, threads and worksize seem worthy of testing.

just checked up on the g 210 and it's quite a low-end card it's unlikely you would really make much mining with it and it's possible the reason it not working is it's too old/low end to be supported.

bah just noticed it's mining at 80 Mega Hashes a second in the SS so it's trying to mine bitcoins (or completely messed up), i think it's a problem with squidnet which i also encountered not sure if this fixed it or is was just the passing of time but i created another LTC worker but still mined on the old one and that seem to fix that particular squidnet issue for me.

kmsalex

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Learn as you go...

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:05:03 PM

I've had no luck at all with a 8400M, gets 2Mhs Bitcoin mining, can't get it to work with reaper at all. Compatible cards a few...but then.... hopefully reaper goes up in smoke tomorrow and litecoin can go back to being mined how it should be!!!.... a guy can dream, can't he?
Marisa

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:06:54 PM

84.38 MH/s with a GeForce 210... mining Litecoins?
There's something wrong with your settings, albeit even if It'd work, it still seems Squidpool is denying your connection.
MGWS (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 10:53:00 AM

Hmm, the settings are correct. I also deleted the compiled graphics file, but even then, it recompiles for a minute or two, and then it gives the same error. Reinstalled drivers, Reaper itself, and even cleaned up Windows.
Also, when I connect to Pool-X for example, it doesn't give errors, but mines endlessy without giving shares.
It seems to be a bug in Reaper itself, really. But as long I'm in this newbie jail, I don't think my voice will be loud enough.
VelvetLeaf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 03:11:52 PM

1. You may want to try other pools :
https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Comparison-of-mining-pools

2. CGMiner for Litecoin is recently released, you should test it, maybe it works with your card since it's constantly updated.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92887.0

3. Try lowering your aggression to 16 and set gpu_thread_concurrency to lower value.

BTC : 1GN81dxzxyFPQsyAtdocXr5S9Mcg4wcfFG
LTC : LgmYvXsYXc4xdjsMKXJWqtagxVvioK6iaw
FC : 6dpSnKMtttUUYzaRu1EB7Lu18PBRVHU3V7
MGWS (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 06:35:30 PM

1. You may want to try other pools :
https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Comparison-of-mining-pools

2. CGMiner for Litecoin is recently released, you should test it, maybe it works with your card since it's constantly updated.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92887.0

3. Try lowering your aggression to 16 and set gpu_thread_concurrency to lower value.

Thanks, I tested the agression with 16 and 10, but unfortunately, no shares. Tried already with Litecoinpool, Pool-X, and Squidnet.
Well, I'm certainly going to try CGMiner.
I'll update if that one works.
MGWS (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:20:18 AM

So, CGMiner seems to work well. Obviously, it doesn't have as much power as a CUDA miner (16 CUDA cores, so oh well) (3.2MHash with CG/16.1MHash with CUDA (scypt ofcourse))

But, it's better than nothing. Oh, and when I mine in pool-x.eu, it says 'GPU: SICK', while when connecting to another pool, it works just fine.
Anyways, I'll guess CG is my only working solution for now.
Suggestions welcome as always.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: