Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:31:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: z  (Read 5166 times)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 11:28:21 PM

Not a complaint, just reporting what happened. I also did not get scammed. I only bought the GLBSE stock after you said you would take it over. I placed an order and picked it up when Peter Lambert sold out in that crash. I did make money on it, bought low and sold high. I was not the one to bring up the GLBSE stock, just reporting what happened with the GLBSE that was listed cuz they clearly did not know.

Also you reporting I got scammed is a bit foolish. Go back and check my account records and you will see:)

I assumed you'd bought at the beginning, I don't look at peoples accounts unless they ask(usually if they have a problem), much more interesting and important things to do.

I did my due diligence by asking about it first. You went back on your word. That is fine whatever you do what you gota do. The issue I do not like is that you said I did not do my due diligence and that I got scammed. That is just uncalled for Sad

The ones who got scammed are the glbse shareholders as they are the ones who have to cover the loss of a scam asset I would imagine Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 02:55:47 PM

I did my due diligence by asking about it first. You went back on your word. That is fine whatever you do what you gota do. The issue I do not like is that you said I did not do my due diligence and that I got scammed. That is just uncalled for Sad

What are you talking about, when did I go back on my word?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
roomservice

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 03:16:45 PM

Payouts seem to work slow as well Sad

I understand GLBSE can't keep it all @ hotwallet - but after 20 hours of waiting, i really don't know if a technical error accured or if it just needs some more time ^^

"Tonight's the night. And it's going to happen again, and again. It has to happen. Nice night."
Nefario

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 03:03:15 AM

What are you talking about, when did I go back on my word?

You claimed GLBSE stock would become valid. That is why I bought. I don't see why you locked it down 6 months later. But really I don't care. What I took offense was that you claimed I got scammed :/

It IS valid, it's not publicly traded, this means that shares should not be bought or sold on the exchange.

As I said before I don't keep track of peoples trading(we do have records of course) and so ASSUMED you bought when the asset was first released. Wrong assumption.

RandomQ

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:34:33 PM

Is anyone else getting to a point where the speed is negatively effecting there usage of the website and thinking about switching to API only or switching exchanges completely?

Every task is taking 10+ secs and I find myself not doing trades because of the amount of time required to do what I want to do.

I'm worried he is sacrificing the performance of the site and the "user experience" by allowing the use of the API right now.

I know the big guy is behind the great firewall right now, but this really needs to be addressed with a timeline of possible fixes.

Also I really hope someone has told the big guy about current security SOP for bringing laptops and phone in and out of china.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 10:53:30 PM

I'm worried he is sacrificing the performance of the site and the "user experience" by allowing the use of the API right now.

Why not just turn off the bots until the next update gets done?

Also, has anyone had any issues with the javascript captcha? I have all the latest Javascript installed and enabled with three different browsers but I still get a message from GLBSE that 'Javascript is needed to view captcha'. Very annoying not being able to login.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 11:46:34 PM

I would also like some kind of throttle (not more than 1 page loaded or 10 API requests per second or whatever other limit could be useful) until the server GLBSE runs on has been upgraded.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 02:00:16 AM

Im sure a fix for the slowness of the site is coming soon. Just hang in there awhile longer guys  Smiley

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 04:26:09 AM

Is anyone else getting to a point where the speed is negatively effecting there usage of the website and thinking about switching to API only or switching exchanges completely?

Every task is taking 10+ secs and I find myself not doing trades because of the amount of time required to do what I want to do.

I know the big guy is behind the great firewall right now, but this really needs to be addressed with a timeline of possible fixes.

Also I really hope someone has told the big guy about current security SOP for bringing laptops and phone in and out of china.

I have to click and go do something else and come back later to see if it accepted my request to do something or see another page. This can't be caused by legitimate usage of the current userbase, it is constant and way beyond what a few thousand people should be causing. I'm a total noob, but I think it's loading up and even calculating data that it doesn't need to on every page load. Why does it flash me a huge list of previous trades(?) all the time and then not even show that after the load is finished?

I hope it gets fixed soon, I don't see an alternative.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 04:44:11 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2012, 05:08:36 AM by Serge

GLSBE might want to build their own internal caching mechanism for individual asset pages.  data is almost static there, it doesn't change much, and when it does just save it into output html format kind of snapshot and serve that instead rather than pulling same data all the time from db on every request.

i would also recommend thoroughly optimizing code-base and processes, get rid off all extra db queries for each particular page/view before expanding hardware
teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 05:01:04 AM

Curious about this.. what is the current security SOP for bringing laptops and phones in and out of china?

ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:14:38 AM

He's been in and out a few times, so should have it down I'd think.

RandomQ

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:57:00 AM

Curious about this.. what is the current security SOP for bringing laptops and phones in and out of china?

Don't bring any laptop or phone that has or had any trade secrets or anything of value on it.
Most current SOP is to only use laptop and phones purchased for the purpose of taking to china(IE CLEAN), after coming back getting rid of them.

there have so many reports of people coming back with NEW firmware IE(RootKits) and other great software add-on's.

Its a current industry theory that if someone in customs takes your laptop out of your view your already infected.

Just saw a nice stat today saying that china has backdoor access to 80% of the worlds telephone systems now thanks to two big Chinese telecom companies.

Anyone hear about the plotter(Big Printer) that had its software changed so it forwarded all blueprints that it printed out to china.

Grin

Next time I go I'm taking an ultrabook with all the ports epoxied shut with a drive encrypted with AES-Twofish-Serpent.
After you start raising flags at customs, we get a special detail that follows you the entire trip.
Then you start doing fun stuff like talking to trash can's,dead dropping dollar bills at random places with special codes, watching the aftermath is always fun.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 07:05:44 AM

http://blog.glbse.com/no-electronic-devices this didnt happen in china  Tongue....

RandomQ

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:18:58 PM

If GLBSE login takes more than 20--25 secs the login fails do to using google otp which has a 30 sec timer to expire the codes.

If the page load time continue to increase after they hit ~25 secs, I will no longer be able to login.  Angry

Nefario

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 03:03:50 PM

If GLBSE login takes more than 20--25 secs the login fails do to using google otp which has a 30 sec timer to expire the codes.

If the page load time continue to increase after they hit ~25 secs, I will no longer be able to login.  Angry

Im workin on it, Im workin on it.

Really the problem is programmatic, I can't just throw hardware at it.

The way to fix this is to add application servers (currently only one running), but this add a concurrency problem which under heavy load would mean that accounts wouldn't balance, there would be double trades etc.

I'm working on making this safe and scalable.

teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 04:18:35 PM

Don't bring any laptop or phone that has or had any trade secrets or anything of value on it.
Most current SOP is to only use laptop and phones purchased for the purpose of taking to china(IE CLEAN), after coming back getting rid of them.

there have so many reports of people coming back with NEW firmware IE(RootKits) and other great software add-on's.

Its a current industry theory that if someone in customs takes your laptop out of your view your already infected.

Just saw a nice stat today saying that china has backdoor access to 80% of the worlds telephone systems now thanks to two big Chinese telecom companies.

Anyone hear about the plotter(Big Printer) that had its software changed so it forwarded all blueprints that it printed out to china.

Grin

Next time I go I'm taking an ultrabook with all the ports epoxied shut with a drive encrypted with AES-Twofish-Serpent.
After you start raising flags at customs, we get a special detail that follows you the entire trip.
Then you start doing fun stuff like talking to trash can's,dead dropping dollar bills at random places with special codes, watching the aftermath is always fun.

Interesting.. it sounds tinfoil hat, but it probably isn't :/
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 05:54:58 PM

Well, they need to catch up to the USA after all! Wink

Please Nefario, choke bots in the meantime or take down some heavy stuff that is not 100% needed - it is really not fun at all to not know whether your order went through or not or to sell into a suddenly appearing bidwall instead of placing an open order.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Kaos

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 10:58:44 AM

GLBSE has been having these issues since v2.0 launch  and the Google OTP has just made it worst, as I usually need to type my OTP two or more times before it works and make sure I type it as soon as it recycles to a new one. Then you get to the re-captcha screen which is even more of a pain in the ass.

Unfortunately i'm a small time investor so I'm selling all of my GLBSE assets and buggering the hell out. Mining is moving downwards (at least for the next few months 'til we have a more clear picture with ASICs and stuff), GLBSE is not capable of scaling all that gracefully so I've decided to buy a used old netbook, install Ubuntu and Armory, liquidate all of my assets, including my GPUs and workstations, put all my coins in that laptop and wait it out.

Yea I'm probably going to lose some potential profit in the process but better safe than sorry.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 12:31:20 PM

GLBSE has been having these issues since v2.0 launch  and the Google OTP has just made it worst, as I usually need to type my OTP two or more times before it works and make sure I type it as soon as it recycles to a new one. Then you get to the re-captcha screen which is even more of a pain in the ass.

Unfortunately i'm a small time investor so I'm selling all of my GLBSE assets and buggering the hell out. Mining is moving downwards (at least for the next few months 'til we have a more clear picture with ASICs and stuff), GLBSE is not capable of scaling all that gracefully so I've decided to buy a used old netbook, install Ubuntu and Armory, liquidate all of my assets, including my GPUs and workstations, put all my coins in that laptop and wait it out.

Yea I'm probably going to lose some potential profit in the process but better safe than sorry.

You shoulda tried webkeys if you think thats annoying Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: