Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:25:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you sold right now, how much would you lose?  (Read 2955 times)
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:24:29 AM

I gained. But I don't count the cost of electric, it's the cost of living/business. (writeoff)

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:38:59 AM

Highly interesting. There are a lot of people here that lost quite a big chunk (60-70%) and a lot of people who didn't lose anything (still at a positive). I'm too ashamed to tell you how much I lost. But it's depressing.

I just started trading. Hopefully it works better than hodling has...

Question: do these charts actually indicate what might happen in the future? Or are they just a kind of dismal record of the past?

"What might happen"? Yeah, well at least they show you how violent Bitcoin can be, so I wouldn't be surprised to see another bubble or two in the future. But they're by no means a definite indicator. Or which charts do you mean? Smiley

HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:44:47 AM

Highly interesting. There are a lot of people here that lost quite a big chunk (60-70%) and a lot of people who didn't lose anything (still at a positive). I'm too ashamed to tell you how much I lost. But it's depressing.

I just started trading. Hopefully it works better than hodling has...

Question: do these charts actually indicate what might happen in the future? Or are they just a kind of dismal record of the past?

"What might happen"? Yeah, well at least they show you how violent Bitcoin can be, so I wouldn't be surprised to see another bubble or two in the future. But they're by no means a definite indicator. Or which charts do you mean? Smiley

Do you day trade?

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/05/diamondbear.asp

No, but I actually do believe in it in terms of a "self-fulfilling-prophecy", so to say. Huh you could be right with that one. But everyone's just still all panicky right now, I think it's remarkable that we're still somewhat pushing upwards. A good sign.

stonerider

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:09:40 AM

about $3K
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:11:44 AM

about $3K

Small car range.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:15:58 AM

Well in the positives. I just got into cryptos around the time asics were starting to be a huge thing for mining BTC, so I got lucky and mined some early alts with some shit nvidia cards no less. I made out pretty good for no investment besides time and power... and this was only with 3 lower end nvidia cards.

This helped me when I had to cash out a few, of course in the 1K range, for I was hurt and on long term disability... kept the lights on and food on the table.

I sit on some. Not thousands like some people here will claim they have, but a okay amount. I am more than happy to sit here and hope that BTC one day will be a normal thing to use for everyone world wide, and I can sit back and say I was part of it... not being one of those day traders who only want profit... care nothing else about BTC.

Great things need some people to hold firm and be bold... everything that was an advancement in society at one point was laughed at... now its our turn to weather such things and who knows, come out smelling like roses.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:14:13 PM

even BOB was here
now hoping to take some at 100
not even if hell freezes oh wait maybe
its freezing the entire universe over

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
Shak

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:19:26 PM

i "lost" all the $ when i bought the coins, it was/is a one way purchase to me. at least since i got burned with my attempts at trading Wink
i tell myself that the money is spent when i send it to an exchange.

until either btc is no more or i can use it to pay with it for the things i want Wink
frienemy

Activity: 235

I was promised da moon

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:31:27 PM

I'd lose my self respect and at least 10 karma points, but not a single Euro if I sold right now.

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 07:50:57 PM

I bought over two dozen around $120-$200, sold a few around $800, bought some more over the last year as it dropped. I think my average cost is around $160 each.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:25:05 PM

Less than zero.

But believe or not, those of us who made our first purchases relatively early (2011, in my case), know how the paper losses feel. I was down >90% on my initial purchases at one point in late 2011. It sucks.

Incidentally, it's probably the case that most people get in during a boom period, which obviously tend to violently correct soon after, so most bitcoin holders probably have the experience of being negative on their positions within a few months of their initial purchases. Silver lining, I suppose, is that only those who really understand the technology and believe in the potential stick around under such circumstances.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:38:26 PM

Less than zero.

But believe or not, those of us who made our first purchases relatively early (2011, in my case), know how the paper losses feel. I was down >90% on my initial purchases at one point in late 2011. It sucks.

Incidentally, it's probably the case that most people get in during a boom period, which obviously tend to violently correct soon after, so most bitcoin holders probably have the experience of being negative on their positions within a few months of their initial purchases. Silver lining, I suppose, is that only those who really understand the technology and believe in the potential stick around under such circumstances.

Summed up a lot of how I've been feeling through this dip.  I'm still positive so it's easy to remain cool, but I think even if I dipped a bit it wouldn't come close to how far down I was after I first got in on the way up to 266.  That first cycle can be a messy cherrypop.
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:56:37 PM

I have about half of my original stash left.  If I sold that right now I would only make 1571%.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
jofus87

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:51:04 AM

My dollar cost average is about $430, so I'd lose a substantial amount of the money I've put in. $200's is nice to pick up a few more but I need to save USD right now for moving/new job/house and all that jazz.
Ryota

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 08:07:55 AM

I didn't lose the money I invested but all my profits and my Time.

I held it so long, I was too confident but lesson learnt.

john_doe

Activity: 137

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 12:47:35 PM

I bought in the range of $10-$100 and never sold, so technically I didn't lose anything (yet). But I could have won ~$90000 if I had sold at the peak, so I guess that's the amount I lost.

If you believe my post is helpful and you feel like donating a small amount, please use this address: 165i2m6WNT3v4KPWbFesKhceaXf2shcUDR
okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 01:44:25 PM

I would gain a bit.
I do regret not selling at the top to buy lower, but I guess one has to see a bubble before having the guts to trade it.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 03:52:45 PM

Can be considered small amount. In fact with the price going up further, I'm almost certain to break even anytime now. What I did was just to stay safe was I spread out my buy order.

Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:55:40 PM

I'm not really sure how much money I put into Bitcoin. I've made some great profits with mining some coins in the earlier days, but I also don't know what that mining did cost me (with regard to electricity costs etc).

However, due to some (ASIC) scams and unlucky investments I lost a big part of my BTC. With my current balances, with the current value, I think I somehow break even with the costs i've made so far. 

(Although Bitcoin brought me much experience, which is priceless Smiley)

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
fenghush

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:57:00 PM

Nothing. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left Wink

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: