Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:38:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moneypak/Vanilla Reload  (Read 1331 times)
irishfight (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:24:51 PM

Is there a reason why nobody uses Moneypak/Vanilla Reload anymore?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dudex22

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:49:42 PM

Moneypak has gone the way of the dodo bird...it's load to card only now,moneypak CEO was dragged before congress and publicly shamed for allowing old people to send money in to cash out the nigerian lottery winnings.

Not sure about vanilla but its getting to where everything is load to card.To protect us from scammers and ourselves(really its so they can track the money and YOU) Cool

EDIT the pin number moneypaks will be phased out by 1st quarter of 2015 thats why they are so scarce.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 07:36:21 AM

Pin-based Moneypaks are already gone. I tried to buy some a couple days ago, but all stores around me said they were discontinued and now replaced with the load-at-the-register type of moneypaks.

baxto

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 07:44:52 AM

Has anyone found another method similar to moneypak besides using localbitcoins?
dudex22

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:31:25 PM

Paypal My Cash cards...but those are iffy because.........well paypals involved.
finding ways to transmit money without being tracked are slowly being swept away in favor of consumer friendly(track every thing you do)we protect you so you don't have to methods.

I've heard some peeps are buying change from the bank and using it at coinstar machines to add money to unverified(fake)paypal accounts.
but using paypal to buy BTC is spotty.

BTC, internet poker and sports betting...are a few years behind the the curve.Searching the interweb for things like this just leads to 4 year old 200 page threads on "manufactured spending" and "gamerz trying to sell hacked accounts looted virtual goods"

Worst comes to worst you can always buy mining contract for a markup.I started mining just to avoid jumping thru hoops to get a few BTC now I get my coins at a discount and NEVER have to localbits again.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 11:10:44 PM

Coinstar charges a fee for PayPal loads IIRC. But you can exchange $5 minimum of coins/bills for no-fee gift codes: https://www.coinstar.com/giftcards

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: