Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:30:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EMC2 Wants An Exchange With EMC2/USD Market  (Read 988 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:39:57 AM

Dear Market Exchange Service Providers:

The Einsteinium Foundation is doing all we can to create new opportunities to increase the value of our currency however we notice that every time BTC's value drops, for whatever reason or no reason at all, our market value drops too, often times more so.   I realize this is rather normal, and usual, and occurs with very many other currencies  however I think its time to break from that norm and start evaluating CCs on their own merit to the degree that more CC/fiat markets are created.  

BTC is outrageously unstable and when you tie their instability to any other CC's occasional fragility its a recipe for disaster.   I think it would be great if responsible coins (like EMC2) could skip the 'middle-currency' (BTC) so that our coin has more of an opportunity to move more independently.

How do we get an EMC2/USD market?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gauss14

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:02:54 AM

Great idea. I completely agree with you Armis.
jaipagare

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:08:00 PM

I support the idea.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:55:16 PM

Great idea. I completely agree with you Armis.

I support the idea.

Gauss14 + Jaipagare thanks for publicly supporting this measure, I invite you to help EMC2 achieve this goal, let me know if you have some time to reach out to various exchanges and others in the community to get this done.   

I will give you all of the information and direction you will need to get the job done.
ThePeePs

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:45:05 PM

I'm all for it too.  I think this would also help other coins that are stable and have been around for a while.  If EMC2 can get this market, then other coins could too.  Seems like a win/win to me.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Armis (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:20:18 PM

I'm all for it too.  I think this would also help other coins that are stable and have been around for a while.  If EMC2 can get this market, then other coins could too.  Seems like a win/win to me.

I've decided to take the discussion to the next level,

Up for discussion at the board level is the notion of cryptobanking EMC2 -- buying and selling EMC2 for fiat -- what coinbase is to BTC in the US, with a more humble beginning.

About a year ago someone created a website specifically for the sale of Gold coin for fiat, the site was a big hit and drove the CC's market rates magnificently high.  But as the US gov discussed rule changes and issued wholesale arrests and prosecution of various people for a sundry of offenses related to bitcoin it cause widespread fear in the CC community, so much so that the webmaster for the subject site shut it down opting to be safe not sorry. 

The uncertainty of gov regulations caused unreasonable actions that resulted in real loss.  The site owner may have looked into compliance and decided against it, but if he did he would have found very little paperwork to do and a reasonable amount of expected accountability, well worth the headache if he knew the down side of closing his site's doors.

Given BTC's nose-dive performance throughout the year of 2014, and the fact that EMC2 has been dragged down numerous times because of btc's performance, I'm proposing that we seriously discuss the implementation of cryptobanking EMC2.

My recommendation is to have a 100% legitimate, by-the-book, money transmitting site that buys and sells EMC2 for fiat.  Furthermore, for the safety, security, and integrity of the CC perform all transactions manually. to limit the size and quantity of transactions, and limit the number of individuals and exchanges that have access to the EMC2 bank.

All account holders would be vetted by community standards which would include all legally mandated verification processes -- no anonymity, yes confidentiality.   

Members would be required to maintain reserves ie: 500K EMC2 for individuals and 1M EMC2 for exchanges, we would provide interest on those cold storage reserves.

This system will remove lots of coin from the open market, will provide a direct CC-fiat connection that would allow exchanges to set-up other markets for EMC2.

This subject is wide open for thorough discussion.

Here is some info for US compliance,

www.fincen.gov
www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html
www.fincen.gov/news_room/speech/pdf/20130613.pdf
www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html

keep in mine different countries have different laws, we will focus on countries that are the most CC friendly. 

In this way now exchanges have great incentives and are well motivated to create EMC2 markets
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:41:13 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2015, 11:58:32 PM by mirny

Maybe this could solve the problem.
You can try to contact them.
http://www.coinffeine.com/

This is my signature...
Armis (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 01:40:24 AM

thanks for that but I don't see how this would help solve the problem

please explain and enlighten
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 02:03:19 AM

Pretty good idea that, not sure how and if it would work with EMC2, but something to think about.

This is the breakout year for coins and potential uses beyond gambling on exchanges.  Biggest problem is acquisition and entry into the market by people who don't want to have to learn everything and send id to random websites every time they want some currency.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
Armis (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:06:26 AM

Pretty good idea that, not sure how and if it would work with EMC2, but something to think about.

This is the breakout year for coins and potential uses beyond gambling on exchanges.  Biggest problem is acquisition and entry into the market by people who don't want to have to learn everything and send id to random websites every time they want some currency.

Question, what's your position on The Einsteinium Foundation doing cryptobanking as indicated above, having a resource for direct EMC2 to Fiat and Fiat to EMC2?

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 06:09:39 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2015, 06:22:17 PM by RJF

This is the breakout year for coins and potential uses beyond gambling on exchanges.  Biggest problem is acquisition and entry into the market by people who don't want to have to learn everything and send id to random websites every time they want some currency.

Question, what's your position on The Einsteinium Foundation doing cryptobanking as indicated above, having a resource for direct EMC2 to Fiat and Fiat to EMC2?

I support it as long as it is legal and the back end isn't too cumbersome to maintain. As you mentioned earlier, this valuation problem affects most alts. Perhaps we could get a campaign going to get as many coins as possible on board, as long as they can be vetted, to lighten the load of management, maintenance and cost. Form a consortium perhaps a CC Union as it were...

Also, doesn't Circle.com do exactly that for Bitcoin right now? It offers direct USD to Bitcoin conversion and back, fluid value, one goes up so does the other etc. You can move both in and out. Perhaps they might be open to adding other coins?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:27:18 PM

This is the breakout year for coins and potential uses beyond gambling on exchanges.  Biggest problem is acquisition and entry into the market by people who don't want to have to learn everything and send id to random websites every time they want some currency.

I support it as long as it is legal and the back end isn't too cumbersome to maintain. As you mentioned earlier, this valuation problem affects most alts. Perhaps we could get a campaign going to get as many coins as possible on board, as long as they can be vetted, to lighten the load of management, maintenance and cost. Form a consortium perhaps a CC Union as it were...

Also, doesn't Circle.com do exactly that for Bitcoin right now? It offers direct USD to Bitcoin conversion and back, fluid value, one goes up so does the other etc. You can move both in and out. Perhaps they might be open to adding other coins?

Yes, Circle.com and Coinbase.com are the top BTC/USD exchanges.   My guess is they are considering some alts given where btc is at.

For a long while coinbase limited their reach to the USA, only recently did they branch out to other countries and the roll out is rather slow.

Personally, I think every coin should have this resource in house via a foundation for their own coin.   It would have a stabilizing effect on respective coins.

mirny
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:56:31 PM

same problem here
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-643#entry160536

It's necessary to make run decentralized exchange service, to avoid BTC as a mediator.
I've seen few other threads with same issue.
It could be nice to stick all offended (meaningful) projects together.
So, if dev's are reading this, try to say few words about this case.

This is my signature...
mirny
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:28:15 AM

...and another one
https://storjtalk.org/index.php?topic=2335.0

This is my signature...
Pages: [1]
  Print