Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you ungoxxed yourself?  (Voting closed: January 21, 2015, 11:10:56 AM)
Yes - 5 (29.4%)
No - 1 (5.9%)
Ungoxxed many times over - 1 (5.9%)
Hardcore hodler - 10 (58.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you have unGoxxed yourselves?  (Read 854 times)
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 11:10:56 AM

I got goxxed so hard I made commiserative coins about it.

Thanks to my clumsy trading and (mostly) horrifying price declines I can now buy back all the coins that I have lost at Gox or been scammed out of in the past.

How many of you have unGoxxed yourselves over the past week or so?

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 11:17:49 AM

I got goxxed so hard I made coins about it.

Thanks to my clumsy trading and (mostly) horrifying price declines I can now buy back all the coins that I have lost at Gox or been scammed out of in the past.

you will lose every single $$ you put in bitcoin and get bitcoin ponzi schemed GOXED 2.0

Thank you for the incredible insight that you have chosen to share penny_coins, I'll be sure to PM you when I make any more investing decisions.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Bitbuy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:34:10 AM

you will lose every single $$ you put in bitcoin and get bitcoin ponzi schemed GOXED 2.0

Thank you for the incredible insight that you have chosen to share penny_coins, I'll be sure to PM you when I make any more investing decisions.

This made me laugh more than I expected Cheesy

As for your original question, I only lost a very very small amount, and; if you want to call it that: I have now un-goxxed that amount, yes.
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 11:39:56 AM

As for your original question, I only lost a very very small amount, and; if you want to call it that: I have now un-goxxed that amount, yes.

I also only lost a small amount, but I suppose I'm getting closer to the balance I had when I first started getting into btc. Which is nice.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
JamesBrown

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:54:55 AM

I also only lost a small amount, but I suppose I'm getting closer to the balance I had when I first started getting into btc. Which is nice.

I almost envy your confidence, truly balls of steel. If I buy back in I would make some nice coin profit, but the thought of watching it drop to 130-140 gives me headaches Smiley
Left only 10% of my stash in coin and got it out of exchangers. Is there any price beyond which you wont hodl or this is a hardcore commitment to the end?

The pennycoins guy should be in everybody's ignore list.
Bitbuy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:17:02 PM

I almost envy your confidence, truly balls of steel. If I buy back in I would make some nice coin profit, but the thought of watching it drop to 130-140 gives me headaches Smiley
Left only 10% of my stash in coin and got it out of exchangers. Is there any price beyond which you wont hodl or this is a hardcore commitment to the end?

Nature of the game; I suppose...I just stepped out for lunch and when I returned; another buy order on the way down had triggered...
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 12:39:46 PM

Nothing to envy, I learned the hard way like most others.

I've still got 30% hodled up, not because I don't think it can't go lower, but as a rule I will never put more than I can afford to lose on exchanges. This is also why I'm not worrying myself (too much). I'm also in the enviable position of having pulled out more than I ever invested in btc over the past 2 years to pay for miners and the odd frivolity. Make no mistake, I'm by no means fiat or bitcoin rich though. It's more down to luck than anything if left to my own devices. I do subscribe to some TA newsletters which have helped enormously. I still make more money at my day job than I do trading.

I actually hodled around 70% of my intial position until 315-500 and started selling the majority between these prices. I do not like having my funds on exchanges, but for now I need to try and preserve purchasing power to finally go long again and remove my btc.

If something seriously wrong was discovered with btc, I'd sell everything, but I'm usually behind the curve and there would be carnage in that case and I'd probably lose everything. I'm no die hard, so I'll cut my loose if I have to, but I hope that crypto can grow into something that benefits the world.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:45:03 PM

Losing 100 bitcoins when they were valued at $1000 each and having the ability to buy back those bitcoins at $190 is still not a victory unless those bitcoins once again rise to well over $1000 each in value.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 02:03:06 PM

Losing 100 bitcoins when they were valued at $1000 each and having the ability to buy back those bitcoins at $190 is still not a victory unless those bitcoins once again rise to well over $1000 each in value.

Agreed. I'm sure we'll get our Gox coins back when they are worth $2 a piece.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 02:27:38 PM

Let me have my moment!

But yes I agree, it's not optimal.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█