Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:55:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: These are exciting times.  (Read 1792 times)
turvarya (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:48:51 PM

I came into Bitcoin at the beginning of 2013.
Reading a lot on this forum, I always was jealous of all the people talking about how, they were in the first row, seeing previous crashes. Damn, I also wished, I would have seen that. the MtGox crash 2014 doesn't count in my opinion, since there was a big rise before the fall, and it ended at a higher price than it started.
I think, now is one of this cases, I can tell my grandchildren about or at least, the newbies in 1-2 years. "Saw that, been there, move along"

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 04:35:43 PM

yep, we are all part of the BTC - history  Wink

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 05:35:36 PM

It is pretty exciting.  Today I saw Bitcoin go down 25%, but still I am excited. hahaha

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:43:23 PM

Reading a lot on this forum, I always was jealous of all the people talking about how, they were in the first row, seeing previous crashes. Damn, I also wished, I would have seen that. the MtGox crash 2014 doesn't count in my opinion, since there was a big rise before the fall, and it ended at a higher price than it started.
I think, now is one of this cases, I can tell my grandchildren about or at least, the newbies in 1-2 years. "Saw that, been there, move along"

It is very exciting. I got into it when it was around 500 dollars, thinking wow, how could anyone even get a slice? I'm looking into actually purchasing soon, and I can only think there are lots of people out there, just waiting for it to hit their magic number to buy up bunches.
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:45:10 PM

hoping to buy as well, bitcoin will never die!

1 BTC = 1 BTC
wickedgoodtrader

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:48:07 PM

It is very exciting. I got into it when it was around 500 dollars, thinking wow, how could anyone even get a slice? I'm looking into actually purchasing soon, and I can only think there are lots of people out there, just waiting for it to hit their magic number to buy up bunches.

Your right.. there are people waiting to buy up bunches. and guess what will happen when they do? The price will spike some, the buyers will then dry up and newly mined coins will continue to hit the market driving the price down again and to new lows. I wouldn't touch it unless it goes below $30 or in 15 years when the reward is super small.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:24:35 PM

Your right.. there are people waiting to buy up bunches. and guess what will happen when they do? The price will spike some, the buyers will then dry up and newly mined coins will continue to hit the market driving the price down again and to new lows. I wouldn't touch it unless it goes below $30 or in 15 years when the reward is super small.
This. We need to stop the miner hemorrage. But how the hell? We Need miners for this thing to work, but if the price keeps going down we are fucked. Satoshi didn't predict this happening? I wonder what are his views as we speak.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:31:26 PM

We need to stop the miner hemorrage. But how the hell? We Need miners for this thing to work, but if the price keeps going down we are fucked. Satoshi didn't predict this happening? I wonder what are his views as we speak.

There's no "miner hemorrhage" so far. The network is holding well. A few miners may eventually switch off their computers for a while, but that's not enough to endanger the whole network.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 06:32:14 PM

This. We need to stop the miner hemorrage. But how the hell? We Need miners for this thing to work, but if the price keeps going down we are fucked. Satoshi didn't predict this happening? I wonder what are his views as we speak.
How do you know Satoshi didn't predict this thing? Even if he predict there nothing can do. All of that depend on the user of btc

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
mlferro

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:36:30 PM

It is pretty exciting.  Today I saw Bitcoin go down 25%, but still I am excited. hahaha
very good, great to see this. Because,  realize I'm not alone.

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 06:40:54 PM

We need to stop the miner hemorrage. But how the hell? We Need miners for this thing to work, but if the price keeps going down we are fucked. Satoshi didn't predict this happening? I wonder what are his views as we speak.

There's no "miner hemorrhage" so far. The network is holding well. A few miners may eventually switch off their computers for a while, but that's not enough to endanger the whole network.

Mining always trails the price. You won't see an immediate effect on the hash power now, but it'll eventually slowly react. Be prepared for longer confirmations until the next 2 week network adjustment.

girb16

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:46:48 PM

I am just getting ready to step into the Bitcoin market. Not sure that this is the best time though?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 06:55:19 PM

I am just getting ready to step into the Bitcoin market. Not sure that this is the best time though?

could be a very good time. welcome, here on the rollercoaster

Rols

Activity: 636

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:48:40 PM

If to step into bitcoins means to use it as a spendable coin. Then do it. But if you want to use it to speculate, then dont jump in with money you cant afford to lose. No one can predict the future.
turvarya (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:14:51 PM

How do you know Satoshi didn't predict this thing? Even if he predict there nothing can do. All of that depend on the user of btc
Since Satoshi was very familiar with game theory, I think he also predicted this things. Miners have to find their place in Bitcoin, like many other people. Sometimes such adjustments hurt, but they are not really something that is special in Bitcoin.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
axel2078

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:46:25 PM

This is gentlemen! LOLz.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 08:58:41 PM

Exciting times if you have a bottle of pepto next to you and will of steel:

It's about perspective and timing really.  If you came in during the highs of 2013, now is a really terrible time.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 09:04:13 PM

Exciting to say the least.  I have been involved since 2010.   I am going to be writing a major post to address some serious issues.  I have gotten little sleep the last 72 hours, thinking and contemplating the future.   I am made many predictions that have some to pass on these forums and speaking to various members of the community. 

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Crypto9er

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:10:39 PM

Exciting times if you have a bottle of pepto next to you and will of steel:

It's about perspective and timing really.  If you came in during the highs of 2013, now is a really terrible time.

It's more like ...

steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:11:32 PM

I think it is caused but government mandated forced selling from Russia and China.  Google Russia and bitcoin, they have to sell or face a fine.  Same in China.  The Russian ruble printing is a source of taxes in Russia, 10-14 loss in purchasing power in a century.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: