Bitcoin Forum
April 29, 2017, 11:30:23 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do the Bitcoin Client save its configuration informations?  (Read 547 times)
alocacoc

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 04:14:32 AM

Hello

I am just start to do my first experiences with bitcoin.

After i reinstalled the Bitcoin client (and delete the bitcoin folder in the user/roaming directory) the settings i did after the first installation - like activate of the proxy - are still present. It looks, that the bitcoin client save somewhere its settings. I expected that the settings i did change are reseted after an new install.

I would like to understand it better.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 04:29:17 AM

Hello

I am just start to do my first experiences with bitcoin.

After i reinstalled the Bitcoin client (and delete the bitcoin folder in the user/roaming directory) the settings i did after the first installation - like activate of the proxy - are still present. It looks, that the bitcoin client save somewhere its settings. I expected that the settings i did change are reseted after an new install.

I would like to understand it better.

See this: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin#Bitcoin.conf_Configuration_File

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

alocacoc

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 04:47:39 AM

Thank you John.

But, i don't understand, how the bitcoin client remember the configuration after a re-install of the client. I would expected that there are the default settings after a new installation.
alocacoc

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 05:07:56 AM

Also if i delete "%APPDATA%\Bitcoin\ " after i uninstalled bitcoin, the configuration i did before are still present after the new installation of bitcoin. This is what i not understand. Bitcoin should create a new configuration file with the default values. But it looks as bitcoin overtake the old configuration from somewhere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.