Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:07:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spendbitcoins Moneypak to StrongCoin  (Read 921 times)
mordor72 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 05:34:14 AM

Generally how long will the transfer take? It's been 8 hours so far. I had $135 on my moneypak card. Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 06:25:00 AM

Generally how long will the transfer take? It's been 8 hours so far. I had $135 on my moneypak card. Thanks!

Just to eliminate the chance that the delay might be on the StrongCoin side, check to see if perhaps the blockchain shows a transaction:

- http://www.BlockChain.info

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

mordor72 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 02:15:56 PM

Woke up with the bitcoins in my account. Sucessful transaction yay! Thank you!
cabby

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 04:09:37 PM

So how did it take in total? I am thinking of using spendbitcoins.com but need a fast turnaround.
Camper69

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 07:42:19 AM

hi i actualy have a moneypak wth 45 dollars on it... i am new to btc and seen this thing with moneypak if i send the code to someone could i get the equal amount back in btc?

-Ryan
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:10:26 PM

hi i actualy have a moneypak wth 45 dollars on it... i am new to btc and seen this thing with moneypak if i send the code to someone could i get the equal amount back in btc?

I'm really curious why people end up with these moneypaks.  They can only be purchased in the U.S. and only with cash.  If you are going to pay cash for bitcoins, why not just use BitFloor (deposit at Chase bank, no fee), or use BitInstant (deposit at any major bank, 7-11, Walmart, CVS).  Moneypack costs $5 and is hard to trade for bitcoins, especially if you didn't save your receipt.

Anyway, ...

If you want to convert your $45 USD moneypak into bitcoins, SpendBitcoins was about the easiest method.  They now show this options as "temporarily unavailable'.  So now there are only a few remaining methods, perhaps someone on #bitcoin-otc will do a trade?  Make sure to check the trust history and make sure your counterparty has authenticated so you know they really are who they say they are:

- http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#bitcoin-otc-foyer
 - http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratings.php
 - http://bitcoin-otc.com

Good luck, though next time consider the options and how Moneypak is not a good way to buy bitcoins

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:58:01 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2012, 07:30:04 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Well BitInstant fees are kinda high so I can understand the utility of larger MP.  It isn't that hard to sell a $200 to $500 MP.  However these deals for $25 to $45 MP?  That is 11% to 20% markup right there.   We stopped accepting MP a long time ago (and if we ever accepted them in the future it would have a minimum) but I get at least 2 PM/emails a day asking about buying coins and most are $20 to $50 MP.

I have to imagine they aren't scams.  It is pretty had to pull off a scam w/ MP (especially if you provide a receipt) and the dollar amounts seem too low to make it worthwhile.  
mordor72 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 09:12:09 PM

I used moneypak with cash so there would be absolutely no way of tracing any transactions back towards me. Anyway, the spendbitcoin.com moneypak service is down. I need to use it. I just bought $65 moneypak card. When will it be back online? Will it?
mordor72 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 01:11:31 AM

Nobody knows?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: