Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:19:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ~1,314,000 new coins will be created over the next 365 days  (Read 1972 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 08:07:39 AM

Some will be sold.
Some will be kept by miners.
Either way, the bitcoin economy will need to absorb 1,314,000 new coins. At $230 per coin, that's 300 million dollars to break even.

At any given time, someone can spike the price up to $500 or $1000 or more. But don't be fooled. It won't last because it can't last. The trend is down because Satoshi designed 2015-2016 to be part of the distribution phase. Controlled supply somewhat guarantees that there will be buying opportunities for years to come.

I only wish I'd learned this earlier.

There are over 8 Billion people in the world.
Anyone who wants to own at least one entire Bitcoin needs to buy soon, before the prices go radically higher.  Smiley

8B is not exactly the right number, we are still far away from 7.5B, the clock say 7,321,716,376

and if anyone want to hold at elast one bitcoin, i doubt the price will remain the same

what this thread is saying, is that in the worst scenario where the demand will not go up, the price will go up anyway(because of the mining supply ecc...), so if you add the demand you need to raise even more your expectation about the future price

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 08:44:16 AM

Some will be sold.
Either way, the bitcoin economy will need to absorb 1,314,000 new coins. At $230 per coin, that's 300 million dollars to break even.

At any given time, someone can spike the price up to $500 or $1000 or more. But don't be fooled. It won't last because it can't last. The trend is down because Satoshi designed 2015-2016 to be part of the distribution phase. Controlled supply somewhat guarantees that there will be buying opportunities for years to come.

Anyone who wants to own at least one entire Bitcoin needs to buy soon, before the prices go radically higher.  Smiley

8B is not exactly the right number, we are still far away from 7.5B, the clock say 7,321,716,376

and if anyone want to hold at elast one bitcoin, i doubt the price will remain the same

what this thread is saying, is that in the worst scenario where the demand will not go up, the price will go up anyway(because of the mining supply ecc...), so if you add the demand you need to raise even more your expectation about the future price

There are not enough full bitcoins for everyone to own "one" bitcoin. If all 8 billion people wanted bitcoin an equal distribution (not curve) would be 0.0026BTC per person Cheesy

There will only be 21 million bitcoins. A single state in the US (such as california) has 38 million people Tongue Decimals will be used for most transactions if bitcoin continues to succeed.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:48:46 AM

There are not enough full bitcoins for everyone to own "one" bitcoin. If all 8 billion people wanted bitcoin an equal distribution (not curve) would be 0.0026BTC per person Cheesy

There will only be 21 million bitcoins. A single state in the US (such as california) has 38 million people Tongue Decimals will be used for most transactions if bitcoin continues to succeed.

Regarding the 21 million bitcoins limit, with time that number is getting smaller; all those lost wallets, funds sent to non existent addresses and so on..
But to divide bitcoin to every single person is a mistake, imagine how valuable gold would be if every single person owned it.. but they don't.
Bitcoin will (if it gets that kind of popularity) be a premium, and those who will own the most of it will once again be the top 1-5% of the wealthiest imho.

cheers
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:59:19 AM

Some will be sold.

Anyone who wants to own at least one entire Bitcoin needs to buy soon, before the prices go radically higher.  Smiley

well most of those 8B are children or people that cannot handle money anyway(people with diseases ecc...), i think when we talk about full adoption, we should look at 1B at most, still too much for everyone that is looking to hold 1 btc, but it was just an example
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:33:17 AM

well most of those 8B are children or people that cannot handle money anyway(people with diseases ecc...), i think when we talk about full adoption, we should look at 1B at most, still too much for everyone that is looking to hold 1 btc, but it was just an example

lol. You think 87.5% of the population don't use money?

Children use money and people with diseases, too. And in cases where they don't, usually parent or custodians handle money for them. There's just no life possible without money most parts of this world.

Also your numbers seem to be off. Nowhere near 87.5% of people are sick or children.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:47:54 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 02:56:49 PM by Amph

Children use money and people with diseases, too. And in cases where they don't, usually parent or custodians handle money for them. There's just no life possible without money most parts of this world.

Also your numbers seem to be off. Nowhere near 87.5% of people are sick or children.

you think that baby of 0-3 years uses money? and those that are terminally ill, uses money? anyway i didn't say that they do not use money at all, it is just that something like bitcoin will not be a part of their world

add to my number the existing number of old guys

what i mean is that with 1B you can already consider fully adoption achieved, there is no need to wait for everyone on the planet to use bitcoin(which won't happen ever)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 01:03:03 PM

you think that baby of 0-3 years uses money? and those that are terminally ill, uses money? anyway i didn't say that they do not use money at all, it is just that something like bitcoin will be a part of their world

add to my number the existing number of old guys

what i mean is that with 1B you can already consider fully adoption achieved, there is no need to wait for everyone on the planet to use bitcoin(which won't happen ever)

yeah, sure. I agree. 1 Billion = "success"!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
painlord2k

Activity: 453
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 01:26:17 PM

Now, the main thing keeping down the price is the limited number of transactions possible on the network.
Many large actors, even if they like Bitcoin, can not conceive to adopt it, because even 1% of their transactions would be more of what the entire bitcoin network could manage.
They would be like a hippopotamus trying to enter in a bucket.

When in the future the blocksize will increase, the number of transactions will increase too a lot faster than now.

This would drive adoption and the price up a lot faster than now.

Some data point out the daily bitcoins spent ara between 100k and 250K/day (the rest is movement of traders from an exchange to another or holders acquiring some coins).
This quantity didn't change a lot in the last 30 months.
If this is the quantity of coins available for buying and selling goods and services, the price could spike up a lot if adoption and demand show up.

Holders holding when hit K will not sell BTC when the price return to 500 or 1K.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:37:00 PM

Some will be sold.

this looks like that you are just playing with some big numbers. first of all new coins being created is not a new thing, it has been this way everyday and price moves up and down every day too.
besides it is not like every miner is going to dump the coin immediately after they mined it and change the market as a result of that.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:00:25 PM

Some will be sold.

this looks like that you are just playing with some big numbers. first of all new coins being created is not a new thing, it has been this way everyday and price moves up and down every day too.
besides it is not like every miner is going to dump the coin immediately after they mined it and change the market as a result of that.

Exactly, most miners are even holding because they see more bread in the long run than selling at these depressed prices that we see now.
jehst (OP)

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:16:19 PM

If a miner mines bitcoin and keeps it, then the miner is selling bitcoin to himself. The price is his equipment and electricity. The bitcoin economy is still absorbing that value whether it's sold on an exchange or not.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:32:47 PM

Some will be sold.

Totally agree. 2015-2016, the big "second chance" period. History books will be written about how the common folk and stuck up idiots that only listen to Warren Buffet, managed to miss the boat twice. First, before the 1K bubble, understandable because few heard of BTC back then. But the second one will be the one that makes everyone not buying monthly during this long period look like a huge moron once it takes off to new ATHs.
And the funny part is these guys will end up entering the third time, buying during the third ATH bubble.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:43:08 AM

Some will be sold.

Exactly, most miners are even holding because they see more bread in the long run than selling at these depressed prices that we see now.

knc is selling, 750 coins a day(probably some accumulation, because thye hold only 4% of the network), chinese are selling too, they don't want to see a bubble, for a reason explained in another thread about their government blocking their activity

and chinese pool are about 40% or perhaps more, so it is easy to guess that at least 1800-1900 coins are dumped everyday, probably more
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: