Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:44:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading help  (Read 497 times)
vbkotecha (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:06:09 PM

Hi!
I've been (infrequently) watching the ups and downs of bitcoin price since 6 months. I watched a lot of videos about bitcoin and have been following posts on the Bitcointalk forum as well. I finally decided to take a step a week ago and buy 2 BTC from Coinbase at $278.53/BTC (including fees). I only spent whatever I could afford to lose. Wanted to do it for the experience.

However, I saw the price go up to $298/BTC until it dropped to $184/BTC. Coinbase held back my bitcoin by 3 days from the date of transaction, otherwise I would've dumped for a profit.

My questions are:
1. What are your thoughts on the future price of bitcoin?
2. Would you recommend me to dump at the current price to recover my money, or just wait and watch?
3. Can you recommend me another source of bitcoin that sells at current rates (fee or no fee) but transfers bitcoin quickly/instantly?
4. Any other sites/forums to expand my Bitcoin knowledge?

Thank you!
poncho32

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:34:05 PM

I like this exchange

https://www.kraken.com/

You can see a list of most major exchanges here

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets

Click each exchange's name to see a page with a link to its website.
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:39:11 PM

If you don't have a background in trading, there is a steep learning curve. I suggest watching from the sidelines, study basic TA (Dow Theory, trend following, a few patterns) and getting your feet wet with an extremely small amount if you are really serious about entering the market.

The market is very choppy and uncertain at the moment, so I can't offer my advice with any degree of certainty. Even if I did, you shouldn't listen Smiley
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:43:08 PM

Screw bitcoin You should buy TWTR. It recently broke out of bearish channel from Sep 14.  Needs to hold $40 to be a bullish reversal.  Wait till it gets slightly above $40 and buy then set a stop @ $40
fat buddah

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:59:05 PM

btc + ltc is done, don't even bother.Watch the altcoin markets. Interesting things can be expected there. Bitcoin has failed and it is only due to people didn't see it come that we still use it as basecurrency on the alt-exchanges  but more people will petition to get that removed and replaced with the currency(s) that the potential black swan event will bring to the top.

Rough times.

bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:00:03 PM

For the love of god don't buy altcoins.
fat buddah

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:03:18 PM

For the love of god don't buy altcoins.

for the love of god don't buy bitcoins

in alts: it's a jungle, 90% are scams. Only 10% are even interesting. Takes some expertise right now.

The last you should do is get mindfucked by the bitcoin fanatics. They cost a lot of people a fortune with their talking. This shit can hit the floor at 5 cents , no joke. Some good alts will rise to the top.

vbkotecha (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:09:50 PM

It's at $179/BTC. At this rate, I would lose $200 exactly. Do you think I should cash out?
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:19:05 PM

It's at $179/BTC. At this rate, I would lose $200 exactly. Do you think I should cash out?

You should plan your trade before you trade.  If 200 is a lot then close the trade.  There's a market every day.  Don't need to fall in love
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: