Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:28:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We missed the moon  (Read 3489 times)
erre (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:59:30 PM

Ok bros, it's pretty clear now that we missed the moon. But why?

A considerable fraction of total bitcoins was mined during the early days/months, another was stolen during  an impressive number of various scams and hacks, another was earned by trading manipulation.

All this people, all clever than me, has probably already cashed out a ton of fiat at a better price, and is currently still doing it, they will do it untill people put money in it, because they have a tons of cheap btc, and want to convert to a ton of fiat before collapse.

This bubble was very bad for me: I buyed even at 4 digits, i build a scrypt miner and I was not able to ROI, I was scammed for little amounts. I never sold, beside little bad trades.

I am still glad to be here on this forum, but I have never seen so much scam attempts, here nobody trust nobody (and probably should not) and there's hardly someone who will help you for nothing - and it's a forum!

6 2 billion dollars of purchasing power, and what is the great thing the bitcoin community is currently doing for the world? Scamming each other for penauts. Oh yeah, and gambling.

We missed the moon. Maybe it's time to ask us why.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:03:16 AM

A considerable fraction of total bitcoins was mined during the early days/months, another was stolen during  an impressive number of various scams and hacks, another was earned by trading manipulation.

All this people, all clever than me, has probably already cashed out a ton of fiat at a better price, and is currently still doing it, they will do it untill people put money in it, because they have a tons of cheap btc, and want to convert to a ton of fiat before collapse.

This bubble was very bad for me: I buyed even at 4 digits, i build a scrypt miner and I was not able to ROI, I was scammed for little amounts. I never sold, beside little bad trades.

I am still glad to be here on this forum, but I have never seen so much scam attempts, here nobody trust nobody (and probably should not) and there's hardly someone who will help you for nothing - and it's a forum!

6 2 billion dollars of purchasing power, and what is the great thing the bitcoin community is currently doing for the world? Scamming each other for penauts. Oh yeah, and gambling.

Grin

We will reach the moon next time. Becouse we are smarter then before.  Wink
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:13:58 AM

Glad we missed the moon. Last thing I want to see is some guy's ass
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:16:04 AM

A lot of the posts last year during hype phase/euphoria were quite comical:

'you ain't seen nothing yet, 10,000 dollars by february!'

'10k lol, come on bro that's nothing...50,000 per coin by 2015!'

That moment when reality hits you and the shills stop talking because they've taken profit...

Looks like it's down to nothing but bagholder moans, finger pointing and rants at people dumping off a sinking ship, and suddenly now everyone's changing their tune to 'price is irrelevant.'  Yet price is the very thing that drives bitcoin with its purchasing power and miner salaries.

Interesting paradox.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:21:57 AM

The quality of our ecosystem is bound to increase more over time. Scams and thefts are a serious issue, but they also show that people value having Bitcoins.

What if the moon attempt was a hoax, filmed in Hollywood movie studios?   Cheesy

Shuai

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:29:16 AM

Bitcoin will come back again.

Next run will be powered by decentralized exchanges like coinffeine (for on-ramping) and bitshares (for trading). This wouldn't have happened without stamp, gox, and all the other continual fuck-ups by exchanges. Antifragile means we adapt and evolve.
mercistheman

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:31:18 AM

We're headed towards the fiery pits of center Earth... everyone sell out while you can survive the collapse... so I can buy more
WrongGuy

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:32:41 AM

Did you think we would be seeing 10k? thats never going to happen sorry...the low price doesn't mean bitcoin is dead this has happended before and will happen again...a few times.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:44:21 AM

Next run will be powered by decentralized exchanges like coinffeine (for on-ramping) and bitshares (for trading). This wouldn't have happened without stamp, gox, and all the other continual fuck-ups by exchanges. Antifragile means we adapt and evolve.

And OpenBazaar (for commerce)  Wink

swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:46:18 AM

What if the moon attempt was a hoax, filmed in Hollywood movie studios?   Cheesy

Capricorn One

All we need is OJ Simpson Cheesy
mercistheman

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:38:55 AM

We need to get a couple of celebs to gain interest... Lebron "For my next destination I'm taking my BTC to ......"
TheDreadPirateDickstein

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:51:21 AM

Why? Because your the herd. You don't understand how markets work and got burned just as badly as the silver bulls who listened to Keiser....who was also doing his best to pump bitcoin.

Now kindly exit my sacred digital homeland, you do not belong.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:57:51 AM

"Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars." - Les Brown

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
BreathOfZen

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:05:46 AM

"Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars." - Les Brown

On the contrary, you will either be eternally isolated in the cold vacuum of space far far away from any star, or you will fall back towards the earth and burn up in the atmosphere in an uncontrolled descent.  It's not great.

Aoeui Artifacts
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:09:08 AM

We need to find a way to limit the behaviors of the day traders and whales and manipulators.  None of this shit would be happening without manipulation.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:09:38 AM

i have a feeling dogecoin might be better for you.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:12:36 AM

We need to find a way to limit the behaviors of the day traders and whales and manipulators.  None of this shit would be happening without manipulation.

-B-

markets and exchanges all over the world have been manipulated one way or another ever since. although i do agree with you, i think it's impossible to limit day traders, whales and manipulators.

there's a good reason some of them have become rich.  take warren buffet...  you think he got there cos he's so good at picking stocks?  bullshit.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:15:14 AM

On the contrary, you will either be eternally isolated in the cold vacuum of space far far away from any star, or you will fall back towards the earth and burn up in the atmosphere in an uncontrolled descent.  It's not great.
Well, it's a lucky thing you are an oxygen breather here or you'd be SOL!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:38:45 AM

Shoot for the moon. If you miss, shoot again. Keep shooting and never stop.

Someday, one of us will destroy that stupid skycircle.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:40:17 AM

But, seriously. What does it actually mean to “reach the Moon” for Bitcoin? Is it about the price? I don't think it should be. It should be about global adoption. Only when everyone can buy groceries with Bitcoin can we say that we have reached the Moon.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: