Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:05:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dude forces his roomate at gunpoint to sell bitcoins!  (Read 7624 times)
Mr. Burns

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

If I'd sometimes play the part.  Afraid to lose..
doubleredrolex

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

I Believe

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:32:23 AM

heard about a home invasion... a tech nerd early adopter with a ton of BTC was robbed at gunpoint and forced to send all his BTC to the robber. Best not to tell people what you have.
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:40:39 AM

heard about a home invasion... a tech nerd early adopter with a ton of BTC was robbed at gunpoint and forced to send all his BTC to the robber. Best not to tell people what you have.

Wow did that really happen?? F'in sucks to be that guy.!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 11:43:26 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 11:57:49 AM by Lethn

I also heard about a guy who got his miners stolen ( think it may have been ASIC ) because he posted up he had received them on this forum I think, this is why I get pretty pissy with strangers on the internet who go around demanding personal information like addresses without any real cause for it.

The only time you need an address or post code is if you intend to post something to a customer or receive something from a merchant, don't get baited into posting your personal information online unless it's absolutely necessary. Whoever is doing it is likely some extremely dodgy person looking out for someone who's easily intimidated.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:35:29 PM

This is pretty scary. And given bitcoin transactions are irreversible.. how can the guy recover his money? i mean he deserves it back right?
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 05:43:57 PM

This is pretty scary. And given bitcoin transactions are irreversible.. how can the guy recover his money? i mean he deserves it back right?
It is scary indeed.
Well he does , but he can't of course otherwise he will get a Rifle pointed to his head this time . Bitcoin or life , I prefer life personally

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:35:58 PM

It is scary indeed.
Well he does , but he can't of course otherwise he will get a Rifle pointed to his head this time . Bitcoin or life , I prefer life personally

But this should actually be addressed.. what if you get robbed, someone enters your house and forces you to send all your btc to his (the robber's) address? what can be done about it?
fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:38:41 PM

All bitcoins should come with a free hammer from now on.

slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:08:53 PM

motherfuckers get tied up and robbed all the time! whats the issue here?
fenghush

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:52:37 PM

motherfuckers get tied up and robbed all the time! whats the issue here?

It's not everyday they get tied up and robbed for randomly generated hashes.

hongw

Activity: 306

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:25:24 AM

It is scary indeed.

But this should actually be addressed.. what if you get robbed, someone enters your house and forces you to send all your btc to his (the robber's) address? what can be done about it?
This is not what happened. They were roommates and business partners, they knew about their financial holdings.

To address your hypothetical scenario you can not advertise the fact that you have a lot of bitcoin to prevent people from using physical force like this against you
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:11:24 AM

It is scary indeed.

This is not what happened. They were roommates and business partners, they knew about their financial holdings.

To address your hypothetical scenario you can not advertise the fact that you have a lot of bitcoin to prevent people from using physical force like this against you

Why would anyone do that , i mean if they breaks in your house , they will search for Cash and other expensive stuff! Why and how would they know you hold Bitcoins unless untill you're advertising it!
And if they do , either they know you quite well! OR you're just too big of a loud mouth

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:35:08 AM

Somebody killed somebody over money.

Why the shock?

~BCX~
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:59:26 AM

Why the shock?

~BCX~

yep! nothing new
but didn't killed him , just looted him.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:24:22 PM

Why the shock?

~BCX~

yep! nothing new
No, he's definitely dead.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 02:39:16 PM

That is the craziest Bitcoin related murder I've heard thus far in it's short history.

Why's a 18 year old kid and 29 year old lawyer business partners to begin with anyways?

I'm guessing the tanking price made the lawyer loco, tied up the young'n and tried to force him to eat the loss and sell.

The young'n wanted to keep HODLING I guess, so that's it pretty much it in a nutshell.

Once he broke out of his ties, he literally brought down the hammer on the lawyer.

Sad, bizarre, fucked up news all in one.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:17:31 PM

Why the shock?

~BCX~

yep! nothing new
No, he's definitely dead.
Oh! i just noticed the full post !
Shit :-/ , good thing i work alone Cheesy
hongw

Activity: 306

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:07:00 AM

It is scary indeed.

Why would anyone do that , i mean if they breaks in your house , they will search for Cash and other expensive stuff! Why and how would they know you hold Bitcoins unless untill you're advertising it!
And if they do , either they know you quite well! OR you're just too big of a loud mouth

Well yea, that is the point. You should keep quiet about the amount of money (bitcoin) that you have so people are not going to be trying to break into your house looking for things that could potentially contain your private keys.
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:39:23 PM

I am sorry but this reads like a hoax story. Was this picked up by a reliable news source?

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:41:29 PM

I am sorry but this reads like a hoax story. Was this picked up by a reliable news source?
Have you heard of Google?
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Quentin+Capobianco
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: